Tent Seed Grow - Blue Mysteries

Re: Tent Seed Grow: 'Blue Mysteries'

Hi endive, I'm a little late but subbed. Some good stuff goin' on.:thumb:

I've been told, by OMM I believe, that the auto flower trait doesn't transfer when they're seeded. Haven't had a chance to grow any out yet to verify, so your's are of particular interest to me.

Been playing with the idea of putting a 600HPS up sometime. Still gotta satisfy myself about leds first though.

Looking good!!:peacetwo:

Hi endive, I'm a little late but subbed. Some good stuff goin' on.:thumb:

I've been told, by OMM I believe, that the auto flower trait doesn't transfer when they're seeded. Haven't had a chance to grow any out yet to verify, so your's are of particular interest to me.

Been playing with the idea of putting a 600HPS up sometime. Still gotta satisfy myself about leds first though.

Looking good!!:peacetwo:

Mmmmick, Honored to have you my friend!

I heard something along those lines too, supposedly the auto trait is passed from male to offspring (auto pollen to female flower), who knows. I'm not holding my breath on the BMs to auto at all, it's fun not knowing what to expect though. I can only hope they are as trichome encrusted as their parent.

I am excited about the NL autos, this is a really good batch from what I've been told.

Yeah, the 600 is just for no-nonsense, quantitative production. I can't be running low on meds between harvests, it doesn't make any $ense. In the immediate short run, 600w of HPS was the cheapest & quickest method to fill the Bloom-Room with light and getting perpetual.

I never planned to, nor am I walking away from LED anytime soon, after seeing the full spectrum on my new PG 260, I kind of want to bloom with it... Now! :)

Hey Endive...I had to find out on the streets you had a new journal up, but I got here as soon as I could and I'm in for the rest of the ride.

Everything's looking in par with your usual spectacular work! :welldone:

Hey Endive...I had to find out on the streets you had a new journal up, but I got here as soon as I could and I'm in for the rest of the ride.

Everything's looking in par with your usual spectacular work! :welldone:

Congratulations on your harvest, 79g is awesome! :thumb:

But as to my journal, my bad! I've not been too serious with the new journal up to this point. I've been trying to find a balance with everything going on and kind of decided to throw it together, focusing on the seeds of the Blue Mystics, but seedlings are boring... so for now it's a synopsis of all my endeavors currently, a little chaos basically.

Thank you, I don't know if "spectacular" is the proper term, but I am getting consistent. :yummy:

A quickie! Update that is...

La Familia Sinsemilla...

Got the Veg-Tent cleaned & reloaded. We are using a Pro-Grow 260 for our seedlings, cuttings and autoflowers. If I can, why not bloom in the veg room too!

DSC04122.jpg

Jock Horror - Wk 8 from seed (on the left),Blue Mysteries, Blackberry...

DSC04124.jpg

Day 16 - Color & growth have picked up on the 2 Blue Mysteries, as they display traits of their Indica heritage.

DSC04117JOCK2wk2.jpg

This is Jock Horror #2 (auto that didn't) Week 8 from seed.
Day 7 of bloom...

And lastly, from the Bloom-Room... Gratuitious Bud Pr0n :)
DSC04118-3tops.jpg

Blackberry #1, Week 6 of Bloom, Week 13 from seed.

DSC04111-prpBB1.jpg

Blackberry #1, Wk 6 Bloom, Wk 13 from seed.​

I really need to get some "normal" lights in there just to take some pics, I didn't mind it so much with the LEDs , but the HPS pics look so...dull. The color shift in the above two pics is my first attempt at white point correction.

:peace:

Wow, looking really great, Endive! That Blackberry looks :yummy:

I hate the way the reds look, too. I usually try to "correct" them a bit, too, but it's tough to get them to look right sometimes.

Wow, looking really great, Endive! That Blackberry looks :yummy:

I hate the way the reds look, too. I usually try to "correct" them a bit, too, but it's tough to get them to look right sometimes.

Thank you! After two Indica dominant strains, this one is indeed different. Sativa dominant plants do seem take more patience, but I think the rewards will be worth it.

Plant #1 looks best overall, with a higher calyx to leaf ratio, long white hairs galore. And since the addition of the HPS the buds have become much thicker at the tips and denser overall.

Plant #2 is a bit smaller, shaggier with more leaves in the colas, but also has noticeably more trichomes. She is also much more temperamental to nutrient/pH fluctuations. And since the addition of the HPS I have noticed the tips of her colas stretching a bit and losing their density, but the overall bud health looks great.

Being in mid week 5-ish, it's hard to believe they are still anywhere from 3 - 5 weeks out from finishing...

Looking Good endive!!:high-five:

:nicethread:

Looking Good endive!!:high-five:

:nicethread:

Thank you!

Here are a few I took just after lights out. I had to hang a CFL to get the shots.

2011-06-01_18-50-57_867-BB1.jpg

BB #1 sports bigger buds & purpling tips, but doesn't have the same trichome production as #2

2011-06-01_18-51-22_786-BB2.jpg

Spear-like cola tips of Blackberry #2, leafier but has higher trichome production

:)

Damn Those girls look outstanding!! Great Job, I can't wait until I have flowers looking like those.

:Namaste:

Damn Those girls look outstanding!! Great Job, I can't wait until I have flowers looking like those.

Thank you!

It works in cycles... I know in a little time, I'll be saying the same of yours! :high-five:

Just for kicks...

Mystery Ailment!

Over a week period, strange damage began to occur along the lower leaves of Jock #1. I at first assumed it was my handling that demolished a leaf finger, or two. It progressed around the entire base of the plant, in nearly a straight line (jagged, but even).
DSC04137-thrash.jpg

Lower leaves around the entire pot, damaged or disappearing altogether.

It began to rise to the next lowest set of leaves... No sign of infestation(s), undersides of leaves were clear, soil clean... WTF???

Finally, clues!
DSC04138-thrash2.jpg

Looks like saliva or mucous, a ha! A slug or snai... Wait!!! Hair? Or fur more like it.

It took a moment to register what it was "Keekers," my cat. Apparently she had been squeezing in an open vent flap, dining on roughage to her heart's content and then sneaking back out.

I have since started a flat of wheatgrass sprouts for her and we are back on speaking terms.

Don't feel bad my cat likes to eat my plants as well. Those lil stinkers. lmao

Damn it kitty it's not Cat Nip....

Catching up...

We hit our first warm spell last week and it wreaked a little havoc as the tent temps were up as high as 94ºF, even with the ballast cranked down to 300w.

Friday afternoon, the 600w HPS came out and the Pro-Grow 260 LED went in. The LEDs dropped the temperatures in the tent about 82ºF and falling within the hour.
DSC04148LED2.jpg

Day 54 Bloom - Due to heat issues, we swapped the Pro-Grow 260 in for the high pressure sodium.

With the LEDs in the tent and temps under control, the plants for the most part, were taken care of, and that gave me a little breathing room. Saturday we set up a new area and Sunday we worked and tore down, moved, rebuilt, and re-ducted the Bloom-Room.

All the efforts paid off, we put the high pressure sodium back in the tent and currently the HPS is running at at 75% (450 watt) and the tent is maintaining a happy 73ºF. The 260 is back in the Veg-Tent and I have to admit, I was really surprised at the coverage & penetration. Should the heat get more intense, I can confidently shelve the HPS till fall & replace it with the 260. The down side is that it would be back to CFLs for veg, so no more blooming autoflowers with the seedlings & cuttings.

Thankfully only Blackberry #2 showed signs of heat stress. Only a few leaves with curled edges, but the tips of 5 of her colas began to stretch. I really hope it will fatten up again, it is possible as there are still 2 to 4 weeks remaining in theory.
DSC04168-BB2_tips.jpg

Day 58 Bloom - Blackberry #2 - Heat stress stretch?

So... Back to the 'Blue Mysteries'

Well, it has been over a week since germinating the 2 Northern Light Autoflower seeds... And sadly that's about it, too. They sprouted just fine, but have not gotten beyond 3cm tall at best. I'm sprouting 2 more and if they fail to thrive as well, I'll check in with the supplier. All the other seedlings & cuttings are thriving under the Pro-Grow 260 and current set-up.

In an attempt at a miracle, and much to our surprise Blue Mystery Seedling #1 (the offspring of a self-pollenated Blue Mystic Autoflower, that never auto flowered), at day 21 of its life has declared female!!! I can only make a logical assumption that indeed, BMO #1 is in auto flower. Blue Mystery #2 still appears to be a "regular", or "photoperiod" bloomer, as she (wishful thinking) shows no signs of gender declaration.

DSC04177-BMO1-auto.jpg

Miracles Happen! Our offspring of a failed autoflower, flowers - At Day 21!

So upon that discovery, Jock Horror #1 was promoted to the Bloom-Room where I believe she'll be in full swing bloom within a matter of days.
DSC04135-Jock11.jpg

Jock Horror #1 at Week 8, She's the more Indica-like pheno.​
Moving her opened space for the repotting of all the first round of cuttings & seedlings to go into full veg mode and lots of space for a 3 gallon smart-pot of fine soil & auto-flowering beauty, that is so long as I'm not counting my pistils before they bloom.

The current calamity...

Sorry everyone, not a lot of details, just some visuals to update...

Veg-Tent

2011-06-14_07-47-34_368-group.jpg

Phone-cam group shot!​

Blue Mystery (Blue Mystic offspring) #1 auto
DSC04213-BMO1-sharpie.jpg

Our little offspring, a Blue Mystic Autoflower, day 6 bloom, day 29 from seed.

Very slow growing... the Northern Light Autos are at 21+ days, tiny but colorful.
2011-06-13_12-41-32_529-purp.jpg

Started 3 weeks ago, another set of NL Autos has been sprouted to see if it's a fluke, or bad seed.

Jock Horror #1 was not an auto, so into the Bloom-Room she went, after a massive pruning.
DSC04200-JH1-ab.jpg

Before the prune...

Even after removing cuttings, and about 40% of inner & under growth, she's still thick!
DSC04201-JH1-c.jpg

During...
DSC04203-JH1-e.jpg

...and after!

The Bloom-Room
DSC04220-quattro.jpg

Bloom-Room occupants - June 2011

Jock Horror #2 - Day 23 of Bloom, day 68 from seed.
What can I say about her, other than exceptional! She literally was in bloom the 1st week of 12/12 and her scent is so sweet, reminiscent of easter candy.
DSC04212-JHA2hands.jpg

DSC04191-JHA2color.jpg

DSC04192-JHAclose.jpg

Nirvana Blackberry 1 & 2
DSC04193-trimmed.jpg

They got a major and final trim & pruning to improve light penetration & air flow.

DSC04195-gems.jpg

Blackberry #1, oh so pretty... and about a week out form harvest. :), BB#2 is still 90% clear trichomes

DSC04205-aft-trim.jpg

Running on pH'd water and some sweet carbs...

Sorry to hear about those stunted seedlings, Endive, but the rest of the grow looks fantastic! :welldone:

I've had similar problems germinating some Lucy seeds I picked up from Attitude. I'm zero for four, so far (out of the five Lucy seeds I bought), on getting any past a couple cm's, and in most cases, the seeds will sprout a taproot that never goes anywhere. I haven't really had any problems with any of their other seeds, except for the ones I tried germinating in the STG cubes. I'm hoping that last Lucy seed comes through when I give it a shot. :wood:

All I'm gonna say it WOW those girls are beautiful!!!

:bravo: endive Looks like all your efforts are gonna pay off!

Quickie update...

Everything in the Veg-Tent has exploded, the Jocks depleted their little pots & had to be transplanted. I expect them to green up any day now, but the star of the grow has to be Blue Mystic Offspring #1, or 'Blue Mysteries' as I like to call them. In the last 5 days she has tripled in size.

Yesterday...
DSC04302-5days.jpg

5 days previous
2011-06-14_07-47-34_368-group.jpg

BMO #1 is an autoflower, in day 35 from seed & day 13 of bloom under a Pro-Grow 260 LED.

DSC04300-BMO1-out.jpg

Yesterday morning

DSC04305-fing_nice.jpg

Yesterday morning

DSC04312-1inLST.jpg
This morning, after some much needed LST

BMO #2 is a photoperiod and has yet to even declare, she is now in week 1 of 12/12, under the 600w HPS.
DSC04326-2_hps.jpg

More to follow...

Legislation to End Federal Marijuana Prohibtion

​The first bill ever introduced in Congress to end federal marijuana prohibition is coming on Thursday, June 23. Historic, bipartisan legislation which would end the United States' war on marijuana -- and allow states to legalize, tax regulate and control cannabis commerce without federal interference -- will be introduced by Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

Co-sponsors of the bill include Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.)

The legislation would limit the federal government's role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or interstate smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal.

Leading critics of the war on marijuana will explain the legislation's significance for state and national marijuana policy at a national press teleconference on Thursday.

A group of police and judges who fought on the front lines of the failed War On Drugs is announcing its support for the legislation, which is called the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011.

"Clearly the 'war on drugs' has failed, and nowhere is that more clear than with respect to marijuana," said Neill Franklin, a former Baltimore narcotics cop and executive director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP). "It baffles me that we arrest nearly 800,000 people on marijuana charges in this country each and every year at taxpayer expense when we could instead be taking in new tax revenue from legal and regulated marijuana sales.

"Making marijuana illegal hasn't prevented anyone from using it, but it has created a huge funding source that funnels billions of dollars in tax-free profits to violent drug cartels and gangs," Franklin said. "More and more cops now agree: Legalizing marijuana will improve public safety."

Photo: Jimmy Carter Library & Museum
Former President Jimmy Carter: "Maybe the increased tax burden on wealthy citizens necessary to pay for the war on drugs will help bring about a reform of America's drug policies"
​Last week marked the 40th anniversary of President Richard Nixon's declaring war on marijuana and other drugs. In an op-ed in the New York Times last week, timed for the 40th anniversary, former President Jimmy Carter called for reforming marijuana laws.

The legislation also comes on the heels of the Global Commission on Drug Policy, which released a report on June 2 calling for a major paradigm shift in how our society deals with drugs, including calling for legal regulation of marijuana. The report sent a jolt around the world, generating thousands of international media stories.

The Commission is comprised of international dignitaries including Kofi Annan, former Secretary General of the United Nations; Richard Branson, entrepreneur, founder of the Virgin Group; and the former presidents of Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and Switzerland. Representing the United States on the Commission are George P. Shultz, Paul Volcker and John Whitehead.

More than 46 percent of Californians voted last year to legalize marijuana in their state, and voters in Colorado, Washington and possibly other states are expected to vote on the issue next year. In the past year, five state legislatures have considered legalizing marijuana, including California, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Washington state.

Sixteen states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for medical use, but the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) continues to arrest people under federal law, and U.S. Attorneys have in recent months sent threatening letters to state policymakers in an apparent attempt to meddle in state decision-making.

Rep. Frank's legislation would end state/federal conflicts over marijuana policy, reprioritize federal resources, and provide more room for states to do what is best for their own citizens, according to the Washington, D.C.-based Marijuana Policy Project (MPP).

You can write to your Representatives by using this handy form; just enter your state and zip code, and mention that you support the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Or, if you'd prefer, you can use MPP's pre-written letter, which will automatically go to your representative when you fill out the form, by clicking here.

What: Tele-Press Conference on the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

When: Thursday, June 23, 2 p.m. EST/11 a.m. PST

Call-In Info: 1-800-311-9404; Passcode: Marijuana

Who:
- Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.)
- Rob Kampia, executive director of Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Aaron Houston, executive director of Students for Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP)
- Allen St. Pierre, executive director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML)
- Bill Piper, director of national affairs for the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)

Please call or email your person in Congress to support this Bill!!!!!!!!!

I'm just passing along this info I found..

Back
Top Bottom