Tent setup - First grow

mrunwrthy

Originally, I decided on a grow cabinet, 11x24x31, 150w hps, two 120mm pc fans for exhausts, two 80mm fans for intake, and two five inch fans on the inside, one right below the light, and one around plant level.

Thought to be a good setup, once I ran test the temps hovered around 84, somewhat lower if I ran the fans some time before the light. But then I noticed burn marks on the Mylar after a couple days test.

Afterward, I've ordered a 2.5'x2.5'x5.3' tent, 6 inch inline fan with carbon filter combo, as well as two Honeywell fans for circulation.

My question is, how to set up the exhaust and filter, without having a air cooled reflector. I'm planning on using a 150w Sun Systems light. The fan is 400+ cfm, less of course with filter.

Also, in the future, I plan on adding a second light, another 150w hps or same wattage cfl. Will 400cfm be enough for both?

I'm content on not planting a bean until my grow area is as close to perfect as possible. I'm looking forward to the responses.

Thank you,
Un

Sent from my 710C using 420

Should be fine, if you need to lower temperature add a Duct fan into your tent. My room is at 65° and I run 1050 watt bare bulb with tent under 80°. Fans on at 75, off at 73, I get 5 or so min between exhauste cycles. 400 watt bulbs run much cooler then 600 watt, you might want to try 400 watts and add intake fan.

cfc3cece6ebb38b46efb850189533de2.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm in a 4x4.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thank you. Eventually I want a 250/400w switchable hps , after a few grows. I'm going all autoflower to begin. That 150w got pretty hot at times in the cabinet.

From reading online I'm sure too add some cfl to the mix, to balance the red spectrum from the light.

Once I'm set up I'm thinking about a journal....

Sent from my 710C using 420

No need, correct 400 watt MH and HPS are all you need, if I'm running 1050 on 4x4 and you have more then half my area, 400 would be golden. Keep you lights on at night will help with Temps. But 150 HPS will flower nicely. I started with 600 watt cooltube, but moved to Bare bulb by second grow. Good luck.

Cheers

I have 440 CFM with carbon filter (6") ducted out window. 560 CFM 6" fan blowing air into tent. For me, 440 was to much out window and tent would not fill fast enough and sucked down tight. Added intake air and tent is perfect. For your size 600 might be hard to keep cool. There is a big difference between 400 and 600 in heat.

Cheers

Put a few 6" ducts in you passive intakes to help move air. 400 CFM will exceed you tents ability to fill passively.

Cheers

Yep, tent will suck down and heat up. 500 watts was all my 4x4 could run at under 80°. Your 2.5x2.5 will most likely run into same issue. Ducting in vent holes will help move air into tent. Your turning your tent volume greater then 5 times a min or every 12 sec, maybe faster. A few mesh side panels will not let that volume of air move into your tent.

Cheers

What's the best way to balance if you have both intake and exhaust fans? I'd rather not buy 2 fan controllers. I'm setting up a tent in a musty basement and I want to bring in outside intake air. The price point of 6" fans seems the best, but I need to balance intake and exha

I use a thermostat to turn both exhaust and intake fan. Hydro farm has a controller for under $40.

Cheers

I have a 4x4 with 600w hid and i use a 500w ac unit. Mine stays at 70 degrees all of the time. Humidity stay in check also.

Back
Top Bottom