Tent size question

PE636

Hey guys and gals, I am a new indoor grower looking for a bit of advice... I am working with a 2x4x5 tent, 4inch fan, carbon filter air cooled 400w MH/hps, growing in slightly underfilled (to keep height down) 5gal smart pots with a 70/30 coco perlite mix. Using GH performance pack which is the flora trio and some supplements. Planning on a scrog grow. I have grown tons of veggies and such but this is kind of new. Have done a lot of reading and research so feeling pretty confident but we shall see! Would love to hear from anyone who has done a similar setup! My question is how many plants should I use? Thinking 2 or 3. I have 2 purple kush just breaking ground in 4 in pots and wondering if I should germinate another? What say you?

Welcome to 420!! and happy growing :). Sounds like a great setup you've got going on. Definitely able to pull some beautiful buds. To answer your question is difficult. There are many trains of thought. In my space Ill be growing 4 plants at all times and it's 2x2. Using a screen allows you to manipulate the plants and take full advantage of your space. If it was me using your space I would definitely go with 3 if not 4, maybe even 5. That's just me though. You should start a journal if you're comfortable! You can peek at mine in my signature or profile to get an idea. There are a TON o amazing and helpful people here. Starting a journal is a good way to get a lot of help along the way. :) Happy growing!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I just started a tent Grow in a 2x4. Quickly realized with all the gear and climate control etc... that a 4x4 was better. But having maxed out a 2x4 for a 10 week veg I would say 3-4 plants should be enough. But in 5-gal smart pots you may be limited to just 3. If in 3-gal or square pots easily 4-6.

Check out my journal if you have a chance and see how tight things got. Although I was out of town a lot so training was not done well and they grew so unevenly.

I have a 2x4x6 tent and i like to keep it to 2 plants and train them each to fill a 2x2 area. This gives me a nice size yield but still gives me some room underneath to work and allow good air flow. Just how i do it tho.

I just started a tent Grow in a 2x4. Quickly realized with all the gear and climate control etc... that a 4x4 was better. But having maxed out a 2x4 for a 10 week veg I would say 3-4 plants should be enough. But in 5-gal smart pots you may be limited to just 3. If in 3-gal or square pots easily 4-6.

Check out my journal if you have a chance and see how tight things got. Although I was out of town a lot so training was not done well and they grew so unevenly.

I am also using a 2x4 and I also found myself in the same predicament using two 5gal smart pots . Eventually we ran out of space removed the tent and raised light

I would suggest growing similar types of plant or using the same strain so it would be easier to control the canopy in flowering

I want to pick up a 2x4 for a grow / starter tent at some point. Currently using a oversized 4x6 tent 30sq.ft with 4 plants and plenty of room for working in with the door zipped.

I payed $175 for the tent in Canada 650D I am impressed by its thickness and overall sturdiness for the price.

This is from two grows ago in a 2x4 cabinet thats been dissembled now , 2x Auto Jock horrors @ 52 days

october_14_020_0.jpg

I got 1lb out of that well two months later , 3 plants would of been a tight tight fit hard when the fan leaves are competing.

Back
Top Bottom