Tent size too small? Help

Gardenerash

420 Member
Hi, I’m new to this growing process and I bought a grow tent that is 48” x 24” x 60 inches. I also bought a LED light that is 1000 watts. It says in the manual to keep the light at least 30 cm away from the plant. I’m buying some more stuff from a local grower and he is saying that my tent is to small to grow sativa and to use a 4 gallon pot!!! Is this true?? I really don’t want to have to send this tent back :s I would rather work with what I have, but I don’t want to get down the road and find out it won’t grow properly because of the size. I would appreciate anyone’s help with this one or some advice! Thanks

I have the same size tent, some stavia types would be a challenge height wise but with some LST are doable.
If you stick to indicas and hybrids you should be fine.
You should also be able to get the light closer in flower when the plant is at its highest.

My last grow I had 3 plants in 5 gallon pots, things got a little crowded in the end but I managed 15 Oz.

Okay, I’m looking at doing Durban poison in this tent and I’m just worried that it’s not going to be tall enough! I didn’t realize that the light had to be so far away from the plant. Do you think that it will be okay with the 3 litre pots

Real sativa's keep stretching for awhile in flower. I'd research the strain and it should suggest how much it will stretch. Then do the math. For example some say it will triple. So don't give much info at all

One easy way to help with not being sure on your height is to add a trellis net aka scrog at 30-35 inches bellow your lights highest level and when the plants reach the net you flip to 12/12 flower. That will give your coals around 6-11 inches. Or if you do not want a net then just put a mark in the side of tent to use as a flip time marker.

Back
Top Bottom