Tent walls are sucking in?

HigherTheHigh

hello all!

got a problem i think?

noticed my tent walls are sucking in, got a 6 inch x 600mm filter in there, i have a 4 inch intake fan too.

my accoustic fan is on low and its still sucking the walls in.

will this be bad for my plants?

if i leave the door open a slight bit it doesnt suck in, its like its struggling for more air!

please help, im 3 weeks in flower.

As long as temps are good then you shouldn't have any problems. If you are, then you can open the tent up all the way if you want. Just know that the exhaust will have more volume of air to exchange but can be done with no issues

Yes and no. Where is your tent? Do you have pets? Is your tent in a different room from everything else?

Leaving a tent open can cause unwanted things like bugs, dust, dirt, pet hair, etc... to attach to your buds, causing you to pick it out before toking. You could smoke it all but who really likes the taste of burnt bugs mixed with hair? Again, I'm not sure if your exact situation but you have to think of all possible scenarios.

You could always Jimmy together some scrap metal or scrap broom handles and reinforce the front doors by attaching two sides to each post so that the wood can meet in the middle and stick together using pipe connectors.

Put that bad boy about half way up and horizontal and it should stop the front of the tent from sucking in so much while keeping the negative pressure.

I'm medicated alot... Does it make sense to you because it does to me.

Lose the 4" intake fan. Assuming both it and your (larger) exhaust fan are of equal quality, then your exhaust fan is just "overdriving" your intake fan :rolleyes3 .

As Nismo12 stated, what you are observing is merely a sign of a negative pressure differential, and is a good thing (within reason, lol - if your tent's interior space has been halved by this, you either need to turn down your exhaust a little more or to open/create more passive intake vents. I've got no problem with opening the door IF the surrounding environment is clean, but would open it only along the bottom (if possible).

Does your tent have three rectangular passive vents, as is most commonly seen? If so, do you have all three open? Are the meshes that cover them kept clean?

Back
Top Bottom