TentGrow 250w MH/HPS NL - Bubble Gum - Brainstorm

OK, found my fist banana bag :( !!!!!

Did another inspection on my "girls" after the lights turned off with my blue led flashlight.
After a couple of minutes i saw a little green ball with no trichomes poking out of the bud!!! Ofc on the Brainstorm (Not the first feminized from Dutch passion that turns herm)
Removed it from the bud and inspected the ball, and inside there were 5 little green bananas, so found it real early!
BUT BUT BIUT maybe more of em inside the buds, didnt see any more on the outside though.
SO what do u guys or girls think? only 3 weeks left, let it be or chop? Prolly starting only water "flush" from now on so if it gets any worse i can chop it down without having the harsh smoke.

Makes me sad :/
Northern Lighs looks great though!! Doesnt seem to be pollinated, not many dead hairs on her! Gonna stop write now cause im to high abd just rambling..
I love you all!! Pictures and updates on monday!!:love:

It's weird that you say that jassa. Ever since I started ordering feminized seeds, all have turned out great except for the Purple #1 I grew from Dutch Passion, it was a solid hermie, there are pics of it in my gallery. Maybe its just a coincidence, but I think I'll stay away from feminized strains from them, why risk it. So thanks for the great info man, you rock!
:thanks:

OK, found my fist banana bag :( !!!!!

Did another inspection on my "girls" after the lights turned off with my blue led flashlight.
After a couple of minutes i saw a little green ball with no trichomes poking out of the bud!!! Ofc on the Brainstorm (Not the first feminized from Dutch passion that turns herm)
Removed it from the bud and inspected the ball, and inside there were 5 little green bananas, so found it real early!
BUT BUT BIUT maybe more of em inside the buds, didnt see any more on the outside though.
SO what do u guys or girls think? only 3 weeks left, let it be or chop? Prolly starting only water "flush" from now on so if it gets any worse i can chop it down without having the harsh smoke.

Makes me sad :/
Northern Lighs looks great though!! Doesnt seem to be pollinated, not many dead hairs on her! Gonna stop write now cause im to high abd just rambling..
I love you all!! Pictures and updates on monday!!:love:

Feminised seeds are generally stable now a days. Have you considered the possibility of light leaks in the tent during the dark period. I still suggest the high levels of stress during the flowering period would be the cause of hermi traits.

You might want to give one more heavy feed. Then only plain water until the end, they still have the final two weeks or so and this is where the plant puts on much of it's harvest weight.

If you can wait it out, I would do :)

Yeah Hodder, i dont think dutch passions fems are very reliable!
Mono - Brainstorm only had some spot issues on bigger leaves so not stressed enough to start herm according to me :/
And i have no light leaks.

WWeek 7

Things are going ok, havent found any more male parts! A little more bulking on all plants.
Seeing more and more ambers on brainstorms fan leaves, so hope 3 more weeks will do it.
Northern Light buds are rock hard, more dense then my ak-48.

Only 20 days left until harvest!

nl113.jpg

bs19.jpg

NL212.jpg

dssd.jpg

sssbubb.jpg

Removed the bad leaves and what do i see???

SPIDERMITES are back!!! even saw some nasty eggs :/, removed the worst of the infested leaves from what i could see!
Had to lay on my back in my closet and squeeze into the tent to see if could see some small smal small black spots underneath any of the leaves! So the worst leaves are removed.

Now to the issue, im 7-8 weeks into flower as you know! and gonna give em 3 more weeks.
Do i spray em down with mite-spray? Or just plain water? Sprayed all of the leaves as good as i could with water justbefore the lights went offf.
BUt dont want to get mold this late into flower, buds are super dense so... Im all ears!!
And what happends if i cant kill em, will they continue to spread when drying/curing.

Who said growing weed was easy ;)

How bad is the infestation? I know some sprays are okay to use during flowering, however, you will still run the risk of mould doing any spraying near buds this late into flowering.

Really think i caught em in time, alot of eggs on the leaves that i removed, but checked today and only found one little mite that was moving!
Only seem to have infested the big leaves and not the bud!!
Ordered a mite spray from a growshop that says u can use it up until last week of flowering. Will try to spray only on the leaves with 3-4 days in between!
Maybe they wont spread to much!!

Really think i caught em in time, alot of eggs on the leaves that i removed, but checked today and only found one little mite that was moving!
Only seem to have infested the big leaves and not the bud!!
Ordered a mite spray from a growshop that says u can use it up until last week of flowering. Will try to spray only on the leaves with 3-4 days in between!
Maybe they wont spread to much!!

Glad to hear you found it early.

I know a few growers who grow quite happily whilst 'managing' an on going spider mite problem.

You will glad to get this grow done and under your belt, I'm sure. When spraying the leaves be sure to get underneath also. And it's best to spray at lights on so the plant has enough time to dry out before the dark period.

I have used Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad to kill spider mites, it is safe to use up to the day of harvest. I add 3-5 drops per gallon of Ivory Liquid Soap as a surfactant to help the spray stick to the leaves and stems better.

https://ozbo.com Monterey Garden Insect Spray

Week 8

Two weeks left and i have switched back to MH for the last two weeks! Hopefully better taste and some more resin :)
Water only :)

Mites are still there but not doing any harm yet, eating some of my leaves =) will give em a spraydown later today!

Bubble have the lead in amber trichomes, so fast finisher but not very big! Lets hope strong =)

Took a test bud from brainstorm, it was goood, didnt last very long though, like 1 hour!

Bubble
bubble11.png

bubble.png

NL
NL114.jpg

NL39.jpg

Testbud Brainstorm
test6.jpg

:love:

Really busy so sorry for bad updates!

those are 8 week in bloom trichs, eh? thanks for the great photos. what did you use to capture those images?

Not too long left now. That tester bud looks lovely!

:Namaste:

Thx Mono :) Yeah might turn out OK after all!

those are 8 week in bloom trichs, eh? thanks for the great photos. what did you use to capture those images?

Yes 8weeks! You think they need more then 2 weeks?
Photos taken with Sony NEX with macro adapter. :)

Back
Top Bottom