TerpKing - First Grow - Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk - Hydro - 600W MH/HPS

Re: Light green patches inbetween veins

OK, so after adding back 30l of fresh R/O water I added Magne-Cal at 20ml to bring EC to 0.4 this dropped PH to 5.8, I then added Aquaflakes A&B at 35ml each to bring Ec to 1.1 this bought the PH down to 3.4, I then added Root Excellarator at 9ml which bumped the EC up to 4.3. So with out adding the liquid silicon to bump it up I'm stuck at a PH of 4.3 and EC of 1.2. EC bumped up .1 after checking EC after adding the root excellarator.

ok thats fine so you need to add ph up to correct. I havent used the aqua flakes so thats causing the ph to drop. when you get around to needing new base nutes id suggest switching to advanced nutes ph perfect micro grow bloom. you wont get the big ph swing with that. its not that important if your plants are healthy but thats what i would do.

Yeah I've added it to correct the PH for now and once I've finished these bottles I'll give the advanced nutrients PH perfect a go. As that says micro, grow and bloom is that a 3 in 1 for all stages instead of a grow and bloom with part a & b? Thanks for your advice as usual :)

Awesome that stuff sounds good, I'll give it a try after I run out of what I have around. The ionic bloom sounds really easy to use, specially as it's all in one. They make the greenhaze a&b veg nutes I have a small bottle of. I definitely have something going on as I noticed a couple of light red stems on plants now, not sure if this was there before or its just forming now. Nothing has changed with the damage to the leaves tho, that's stayed the same, so I'll have to keep a watchful eye. I recalibrated my ph pen just to check it was giving me good readings with ph 7 and 4 buffer. I then dug out an old pen and calibrated that too, but it only works with ph 7 buffer. Now the old one is .5/6 off when checking it in the ph 4 buffer, but in the ph 7 buffer it's correct. The one I usually use is picking up both perfect. I then used both in my res, the one I usually use is telling me ph 5.7 and the old one is telling me a ph 6.2, so I tried it in some tap water and I'm getting a ph 6.9 with the usual one and the old one is ph 7.4. Now I don't know what one to trust as they both give correct readings in ph 7 buffer but not in the ph 4 buffer, res or tap water. Reason I wanted to recalibrate was because of what fanleaf said and magnesium problem which made me think my ph pen could be wrong even tho it's now been calibarated twice this week. Now I'm even more confused after using the old one, I have no idea which one to trust as they are both.5 off in everything but the ph 7 buffer.

Had a feeling that mite have been the only answer really. Both the PH buffers I got are pretty new so I think they should be good. The one you mentioned is the old one I was given by a friend as a spare, the one I'm using atmo is a HM PH-80. I'll grab a new one to be double sure, can't afford to be un confident in the equipment you use for measuring such vital things.

no thats right. You need a quality ph pen and ec meter, most important with any hydro grow, even soil if you want the best results. An essentials pen will be around £50 i think, i cant quite remember.

Im thinking about setting up a new hydro supermarket. I sold my last hydro business and its very successful. Im thinking of doing an online store and maybe advertising through 420, id do good discounts to 420 members on everything. I can get everything from the source without middle men so i could do real good prices. The only thing stopping me is that im poorly and cant be bothered to start anything new at the moment but im giving it serious thought. Ive always been business minded and driven but im wiped out at the moment, its easy to do nothing when money isnt a worrying factor. Id be interested to know if people would even use an online store that is advertised here? i already have a warehouse so its definately food for thought.

Definitely agreed. Both are an essential part. Going to have to grab a pen tomorrow to be sure what's going on. It's got me a tad worried, Is there anything terrible that could happen in this mean time or as it's only a .5 out will things not be too bad to recover from? I have a blue lab truncheon for measuring Ec, pretty decent bit of kit.

Yeah I read you used to have a hydro store, always thought they would be a pretty decent source of income lol. I've never used an online store yet myself. I think I would as long as I knew everything was stealthy packed and concealed, I think that would be my only concern and maybe other people's too about having stuff delivered. I have how ever noticed that prices seem quite a bit cheaper when you see them online. That's definitely handy that you can cut out the middle man, perks of having the old hydro business before. You seem like you've got pretty much everything you need to get that business going, but I completely understand that when your not worried about money it's easy to become comfortable. As you say tho it's definitely not easy when poorly and suffering from ill health as a lot of work needs to be put into new business ventures. I have no doubts that you would be able to succeed tho, especially with your knowledge in this game. Can't go wrong with a bit of a sneaky 420 discount either, that will definitely pull in some punters ;).

Dont worry about the swing for now. Anything can be corrected in veg and the plants arent dying, but id get a new ph pen then our mind can rest. I use the blue lab truncheons, great bit of kit, I still have my personal one that i bought 9 years ago and its still going strong. The blue lab combo meters are good also but i had a habit of breaking the ph probes so i just stick with pens now, they are much more hardy.

I will ponder the hydro online store idea. Im fortunate that i have the capital to get started and that is the hardest part, its just whether i have the energy to put my time into it. But we see what happens.

Awesome, thanks for words of confidence, means a lot. Yeah this is very true, they're not dying and as you've said before anything can be corrected in veg, I guess it's cause this is all very new to me and the girls are like my babies atmo, ha. I'm gonna pick up a new ph pen ASAP and then as you say it can put our minds to rest. Honestly I appreciate your help and advice so much and I'll update as soon as I've checked the ph with the new pen and we can figure it out from there :). Wow 9 years, now that's impressive!

For sure, with anything the capital is always the hardest part to come up with but you've also got to be in the right place and ready to take on the hard work and effort which comes with it. That's it mate, just go with the flow and see what happens ;)!

Gonna pop up to the hydro store today, if they don't sell the one you suggested is it ok to get the same hm digital ph-80, as long as it's a fresh new one?

Here's a couple of pics what's happening with them this morn, seems like a bit of tacoing on top leaves, some more yellowing between veins on a couple of plants too.
420-magazine-mobile595699440.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1270193932.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1317469072.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1505537064.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1140983829.jpg

Just a quick update for you guys. Went to the hydro store, ended up taking both my ph pens with me for them to have a look at. It was broken and giving wrong readings. As I'd originally purchased from there he just gave me a brand new one as a replacement. Got home checked my res and it was at 6.5. So that ph pen was giving me wack readings for awhile I think. I've just reset the ph to 5.5 and hopefully we should see some improvements in the girls now. Nice one for calling that out Fanleaf, I'd have never have thought it could be broken when I was calibrating it in both buffers regularly and it was giving the correct ph in the buffers but not in anything else. That's the difference between experience and no experience right there. Thanks to everyone who chimed in with some advice :).

super so now you know whats going on. 6.5 is way out for hydro. This time next week they should look great. They may get a little worse over next day or 2 before they pull around.

one thig i do notice is that your net pots arent covered so your roots wont grow out into the light. you need to cover them or get them in their buckets.

Just a quick update for you guys. Went to the hydro store, ended up taking both my ph pens with me for them to have a look at. It was broken and giving wrong readings. As I'd originally purchased from there he just gave me a brand new one as a replacement. Got home checked my res and it was at 6.5. So that ph pen was giving me wack readings for awhile I think. I've just reset the ph to 5.5 and hopefully we should see some improvements in the girls now. Nice one for calling that out Fanleaf, I'd have never have thought it could be broken when I was calibrating it in both buffers regularly and it was giving the correct ph in the buffers but not in anything else. That's the difference between experience and no experience right there. Thanks to everyone who chimed in with some advice :).

Hey Hey. First off I'm glad you got the problem figured out. I knew it was a slight chance that the pH pen was wrong but it just made sense with what you were seeing with the conditions in your room. Perfect man, glad to help.:thumb:

Thanks Fanleaf, nicely spotted. Just can't believe it was sweet in the buffers just not in anything else, we live and learn, that could have had me stumped for a while ;). So much great help for newbies on this site, it's awesome. Hopefully now that the ph is dialled into within a better range we should see some improvements. Thanks again pal

super so now you know whats going on. 6.5 is way out for hydro. This time next week they should look great. They may get a little worse over next day or 2 before they pull around.

one thig i do notice is that your net pots arent covered so your roots wont grow out into the light. you need to cover them or get them in their buckets.
Definitely super we've managed to find the source of the problem. Way way out, no wonder we had some nutrient lock out. Awesome, can't wait to see them perk back up, will keep in mind they may look a little worse over the next day or two before Improvements.

Yeah I've just seen some small roots starting to come out of the bottom now and they've almost out grown this space so I'm going to get them moved over into the bigger tent hopefully this week, if I can't get them in it quicker I'm going to make a make shift cover to keep it darker for the roots for the mean time, good advice, they will get light pruned otherwise. Once I've got the bigger ebb and flood set up I plan on placing the net pots down and filling it in around with clay pebbles so the roots can spread out into the ebb and flood tray. Cheers cultivator

Back
Top Bottom