TerpKing - Kosher Kush - Reserva Privada - Coco - Smart Pots - SCROG - MH/HPS

Did you do any research on your unit if it can take the duel spec bulbs?
I had a little look on Google but I couldn't find anything useful really. So I have no idea atmo. I have got two hortilux hse 600w units so I dont know if there different to normal ballasts with a separate reflector etc. Are dual spec bulbs the same as normal hps bulbs do you know?

I'm doing a kosher kush outdoors in aus right now. Week off flowering
Amazing, you certainly got the weather for an outdoor grow over there. Is it a big plant mate? You can grow some monster outside!

Yes it's huge under a scrog net. Can't send pics here
You can't post photos here because there is a problem with the 420 app. You can use Google chrome to log in via a browser but until they fix the problem with the app we just can't upload from the app itself. Sounds wicked tho. I'd love to see some pictures!

I had a little look on Google but I couldn't find anything useful really. So I have no idea atmo. I have got two hortilux hse 600w units so I dont know if there different to normal ballasts with a separate reflector etc. Are dual spec bulbs the same as normal hps bulbs do you know?

Yes everything is the same pal but added blue spec which normal hps lack doesn't really matter about the reflector, but I'm not sure about the ballasts my ballasts say hps/mh on them. When it comes to lighting I like to stick with what I know(not a lot) lol. A pal of mine uses led his plants look stickier and more frosty but he never hits any decent yield he is now trying a mixture of hps and led already he said he's noticing more girth on the buds

Looking forward to this one! I’ll be planting Kosher Kush around 4/20 to be done for next fall, so I’ll be taking notes!

so hps bulbs aren't all the same but a digital ballast doesn't change the light. ballsasrs with dimmer switches can change the strength of light and thats it. the bulbs differ though and some a lot. but in simple terms a hps regular bulb would have orange/red than a dual would have a mixture blue/red. in an ideal world it mh for veg, dual spec first 4-5 weeks flower then finish with red hps. def get beast results that way.

so hps bulbs aren't all the same but a digital ballast doesn't change the light. ballsasrs with dimmer switches can change the strength of light and thats it. the bulbs differ though and some a lot. but in simple terms a hps regular bulb would have orange/red than a dual would have a mixture blue/red. in an ideal world it mh for veg, dual spec first 4-5 weeks flower then finish with red hps. def get beast results that way.

I always use dual spec from start to finish would I notice a difference switching to hps only for say the last half of flower? And what would the difference be ie: density? Size? Or trichomes?

but if you time it right with a mix of all 3 bulbs then you are flying. useful for a smaller grower but once your talking bigger grows it costs shit tonne of money that isn't justified.
Hey Cultivator :),

Would you know when the best spectrums to use during which stages per chance? Really interesting info so thank you!

Really is good info cult I grow on a small scale so would be worth it for me, I feel I've learned tonnes but in reality im still scratching the surface, your work is amazing and for that I'm grateful

Looking forward to this one! I'll be planting Kosher Kush around 4/20 to be done for next fall, so I'll be taking notes!
Thanks pal, welcome :)! Good choice mate, the Kosher is fire!!

Back
Top Bottom