TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

Yes the magic is happening!! This show is bout to get going!! Great start!! M bout to start my next grow myself!! Gonna soack seeds today!! Great work keep it up this show is gonna be fun!!
It is indeed, exciting times! Awesome, will you be doing another journal Pino? Make sure you send me the link once you've started it, if you do that is. It's an exciting time soaking seeds and having little baby plants, I love it lol. Thanks pal, I will do indeed. You also, can't wait to see how your second grow turns out ;)!

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't adding a/c with the co2 be counter productive? If I remember correctly the co2 is more efficient for high temps. Nice choice of beans, will keep an eye on them. Happy Growing!
Nope, you're correct. Running higher temperatures is definitely beneficial when running higher ppms of CO2, the temperature needs to be in the 80/85F range I believe. I'm not planning on running the higher levels of CO2 just yet, like 1500 ppms for example. This is my first time using it so it's going to be a bit of trial and error and a lot more reading on the subject.

As I am growing using a grow tent in a room, I have my A/C installed to control the temperature of the room the tent is in, so it does give me the option to let the temperature get higher or lower in the tent by setting the temperature of the room either warmer or cooler etc.

The plan is to control the temperature of the room with the A/C and not bring in any fresh air from outside into the tent. This is why I'm going to be adding CO2, as with out the constant fresh air being added to the room it will soon be depleted of CO2. I'm thinking of running the CO2 in the range of about 800 ppm which is around double the amount usually found outside for example. Once it's sucked out of the tent it will just be recirculated around the room and then sucked back into the tent. It's going to be a bit of trial and error but should be some fun trying to work it out.

Nope, you're correct. Running higher temperatures is definitely beneficial when running higher ppms of CO2, the temperature needs to be in the 80/85F range I believe. I'm not planning on running the higher levels of CO2 just yet, like 1500 ppms for example. This is my first time using it so it's going to be a bit of trial and error and a lot more reading on the subject.

As I am growing using a grow tent in a room, I have my A/C installed to control the temperature of the room the tent is in, so it does give me the option to let the temperature get higher or lower in the tent by setting the temperature of the room either warmer or cooler etc.

The plan is to control the temperature of the room with the A/C and not bring in any fresh air from outside into the tent. This is why I'm going to be adding CO2, as with out the constant fresh air being added to the room it will soon be depleted of CO2. I'm thinking of running the CO2 in the range of about 800 ppm which is around double the amount usually found outside for example. Once it's sucked out of the tent it will just be recirculated around the room and then sucked back into the tent. It's going to be a bit of trial and error but should be some fun trying to work it out.
CO2 is an expensive venture !! Subbed !!

CO2 is an expensive venture !! Subbed !!
Glad to have you hear SP. Hope you're well, have you started you're new journal yet?

So we've got 10 out of 12 babies above ground so far, things aren't looking to bad at all. Even if I do say so myself :).

420-magazine-mobile1170525245.jpg

How much increase in yield you hoping to gain from the co2 just out of curiosity?

How much increase in yield you hoping to gain from the co2 just out of curiosity?
If I'm honest mate no Idea what so ever. I'm not going to be running Co2 in the high numbers just yet, it's going to be more trial and error and just providing the extra Co2 I won't be getting from bringing in the fresh air like I usually would. I'm obviously hoping to improve on yield a bit tho with the Co2 and with the environmental being more stable with less temperature fluctuations etc.

Was checking the babies a couple of hours ago and I noticed we have a late arrival to join the party.

420-magazine-mobile609209367.jpg
420-magazine-mobile465868021.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1724225543.jpg

I checked in on them again just now, she is definitely on her way to catch up with the other lovely girls :)! Pictures were taken a couple of hours apart at most.

420-magazine-mobile1578347817.jpg

Hey TK
Just read your last journal and am subb'd and looking forward to watching this grow. I'm new to indoor growing and as I'm using Coco I'm sure I'll learn lots from your journal. I am using The Cult's feeding schedule/technique and have a few weeks left in my Flowering Tent with 8 girls in my Veg Tent to replace them. I'm interested in incorporating some CO2 in my GrowNumber3 cos it'll be Summer. So I'm excited to see how it works on yours! Anyway, thanks & respect.

Was checking the babies a couple of hours ago and I noticed we have a late arrival to join the party.

420-magazine-mobile609209367.jpg
420-magazine-mobile465868021.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1724225543.jpg

I checked in on them again just now, she is definitely on her way to catch up with the other lovely girls :)! Pictures were taken a couple of hours apart at most.

420-magazine-mobile1578347817.jpg
Gotta love those slow starters...

Hey TK
Just read your last journal and am subb'd and looking forward to watching this grow. I'm new to indoor growing and as I'm using Coco I'm sure I'll learn lots from your journal. I am using The Cult's feeding schedule/technique and have a few weeks left in my Flowering Tent with 8 girls in my Veg Tent to replace them. I'm interested in incorporating some CO2 in my GrowNumber3 cos it'll be Summer. So I'm excited to see how it works on yours! Anyway, thanks & respect.

Hey hey Annabanana, welcome to my journal :)!

Awesome, glad to have you here. Yeah I'm relatively new myself to the hobby, I hadn't really grown anything else before this and I've absolutely fallen in love with it. Coco is fantastic, good choice. Cultivator put me on to using the stuff and I'm really looking forward to using it again. His recipe has worked wonders for me! How about you? Do you have a journal?

Yeah summer is exactly the reason I've had to add some supplemental co2 as I'm using air conditioning to cool the room so windows are shut and so I won't be able to bring in constant fresh air to replenish the co2. Hopefully you'll be able to learn a thing or two again in this journal! Enjoy your stay :)!

Gotta love those slow starters...
You know, got to love em pal. Turns out I had two slow starters. A day after those photos the last baby decided to pop up and join the party. 12/12 pretty satisfied with that result!

Hey hey Annabanana, welcome to my journal :)!

Awesome, glad to have you here. Yeah I'm relatively new myself to the hobby, I hadn't really grown anything else before this and I've absolutely fallen in love with it. Coco is fantastic, good choice. Cultivator put me on to using the stuff and I'm really looking forward to using it again. His recipe has worked wonders for me! How about you? Do you have a journal?

Yeah summer is exactly the reason I've had to add some supplemental co2 as I'm using air conditioning to cool the room so windows are shut and so I won't be able to bring in constant fresh air to replenish the co2. Hopefully you'll be able to learn a thing or two again in this journal! Enjoy your stay :)!
Thanks very much, TK. No, I haven't gotten to the journal stage yet. But in the future I hope to. Yesterday, I discovered most of my flowering girls (I had 16) have turned hermaphrodite and seeded the others. I was only a couple of weeks off finishing and had some nice 2.5 inch diameter colas. So today I just ripped them out. I'm trying to avoid feeling devastated by focusing on my Veg Tent girls
(4 BigBud xxl and 4 x 47xtrm). I am pretty sure I stressed them into hermaphroditism, so this new grow I'm gonna be super careful!
I guess the beauty of a perpetual situation is always having a grow waiting in the wings if one goes pear-shaped!
I have had so much help and support from the 420 members and enjoy admiring pics of their plants a lot more than photos of people's kids on Facebook!
I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for advice soon, so I hope you won't mind. Respect and Regards.

Thanks very much, TK. No, I haven't gotten to the journal stage yet. But in the future I hope to. Yesterday, I discovered most of my flowering girls (I had 16) have turned hermaphrodite and seeded the others. I was only a couple of weeks off finishing and had some nice 2.5 inch diameter colas. So today I just ripped them out. I'm trying to avoid feeling devastated by focusing on my Veg Tent girls
(4 BigBud xxl and 4 x 47xtrm). I am pretty sure I stressed them into hermaphroditism, so this new grow I'm gonna be super careful!
I guess the beauty of a perpetual situation is always having a grow waiting in the wings if one goes pear-shaped!
I have had so much help and support from the 420 members and enjoy admiring pics of their plants a lot more than photos of people's kids on Facebook!
I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for advice soon, so I hope you won't mind. Respect and Regards.

Well when you get round to it let me know. Ahh no, that's terrible news, what a shame. So, so annoying, but practice makes perfect. That's a great attitude to have, keep at it and you will most certainly crack it. Defintley focus your energy on to your vegging girls, that's great you already have some almost ready. I really need to get a veg area sorted so I can have the beauty of a perpetual grow too. Good luck with this one, fingers crossed for you.

Yeah this community is absolutely fantastic. So much support from so many great members. This place is the best, it's knowledge central. Yeah I've also admired some absolutley beautiful pictures of buds on this forum. It'll be us uploading them photos soon ;)! I defintley don't mind, if you have any questions ask away.

Just a small update on the babies. We ended up with 12/12. Two of them were slow starters. About a day or so apart, 2/3 days behind the other girls. The last one to pop up is so dinky. She's tiny! I have big dreams for her though!

I transplanted the babies into their new home for the next few weeks, 1l fabric pots. I placed a layer of clay pebbles on the bottom of each pot, about 1.5./2 inches deep. I used the same brand of coco I had used before, Bio Bizz. I thought it was pretty decent stuff. I sprinkled Great White Mycorrhizae all over each rapid rooter and into the pot where I was planting them.

I gave them their first proper feed with some nutrients today as follows.

Starting with 12 litres R/O water 0 ppm

Bio Green X-Force Silica - 1ml
Plant Magic Magne/Cal - 8ml 0.3 EC
Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Micro, Grow & Bloom - 12ml each 0.9 EC
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice - 2ml litre
House & Garden Roots Excelurator - 0.3ml litre
Hesi Super Vit - 1 drop 4 litres

Final PH 5.8 EC 0.9

Here's a couple of photos I snapped feeding.

420-magazine-mobile1454582480.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1908774217.jpg

Back
Top Bottom