TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Hello everyone and welcome to my third grow journal.

After finishing my second grow successfully with great results, I'm back and ready to grow and improve some more! A few slight changes from my last grow. I'll be using coco for my medium again but this time ill also be adding CO2 and A/C so I can control the environment a bit more precisely and make it though the warmer summer weather with out having to wait to start.

Grow information:

Strain - Holy Grail Kush - DNA Genetics - Feminized seeds
Number of Plants - 12 seeds germinated, I will pick the best 8/10
Grow Type - Coco Coir
Grow Stage - Seedling stage.
Setup - Rapid Rooters / Smart Pots
Light - T5 4x 54w bulb for now. 600w MH/HPS and a 315w D-Papilon to be added later.
Nutrients - Plant Magic Magne/cal 0.1 EC, H&G Root Excellarator 0.3ml litre, Plant Magic Bio Wetter 2ml litre, Great White Mycorrhizae half a scoop per 2 litre.
Water type - R/O water
Medium - Rapid Rooters soaked in above formula
EC - 0.2
PH - 5.8
RH - 60% to 75%
Room Temperature - 21c to 23.5c
Room Square Footage - 240cm/120cm/200cm
Pests - None Known

I went for the same germination technique again, I prefer the idea of not having to move the seeds from a paper towel and risk damaging a tap root by accident. I soaked my seeds in a glass with R/O water for 12 hours with a small amount of Plant Magic Bio Wetter. It says it's good for germinating seeds on the back so thought I'd give it a go. I kept the glass in a dark space until the seeds had sunk to the bottom. I soaked Rapid Rooters for about 4 hours in the following solution - Plant Magic Magne/cal 0.1 EC, H&G Root Excellarator 0.3ml litre, Plant Magic Bio Wetter 2ml litre, Great White Mycorrhizae half a scoop per 2 litre.

Once my seeds were ready to be planted I squeezed the excess water from a Rapid Rooter and turned it upside down. I used a sterile scalpel to make an incision in the bottom of the Rapid Rooter, I then took a sterile pair of tweezers and placed a seed facing hinged side down, half an inch down inside the incision. Once the seed was in place I pulled away the tweezers and the incision closed up leaving the seed snuggly in place. I then inserted the Rapid Rooter with seed into a small plastic holder, I followed the same process for the remaining seeds.

Once all had been planted I took them upstairs to their new home. I placed them on an over turned hydro reservoir inside my grow tent. I've placed the seed tray inside a propagator with the lid not quite fully on under a T5 light. Once all seeds break ground I'll star taking away the dome for a little at a time until they slowly acclimatize to their new surroundings. While the seeds are germinating I'll be running the light 24/7 so the first thing the girls see when they pop up is bright light. Once all seeds are established I'll be switching the light cycle to 18/6.

I soaked the seeds on Wednesday 12/07/17 over night and planted them during the following day. Hopefully not long now and we should start to see some babies starting to break ground.

TerpKing!

420-magazine-mobile1131903567.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2069436554.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1410982486.jpg
420-magazine-mobile42395238.jpg

Welcome to my journal Killerbudz, indeed you're first, hope you enjoy your stay :).
Have you used hg root excelurator before? I had considered grabbing some but went with rapid start.

Have you used hg root excelurator before? I had considered grabbing some but went with rapid start.
Yeah, I've used it on all my grows so far pal and the stuff is the bomb. It's a little pricey but it honestly does what it says on the tin. I don't have anything else to compare it to unfortunately but it came highly recommended to me by the man him self, Mr Cultivator! Its definitely been giving me results tho, my roots have been absolutely fantastic in the last two grows.

Yeah, I've used it on all my grows so far pal and the stuff is the bomb. It's a little pricey but it honestly does what it says on the tin. I don't have anything else to compare it to unfortunately but it came highly recommended to me by the man him self, Mr Cultivator! Its definitely been giving me results tho, my roots have been absolutely fantastic in the last two grows.
Ahh so your going with cultivators recipe, that stuff is dialed in. Just took a glance at the strain your growing and it looks freaking legit

Ahh so your going with cultivators recipe, that stuff is dialed in. Just took a glance at the strain your growing and it looks freaking legit

Yeah that's it, I've been following Cultivators recipes from the get go. It's legit as hell, been giving me fantastic results and really easy to follow. He really knows his stiff and willing to help everyone achieve food results.

The Holy Grail Kush is really legit pal, it's an amazing strain. So good I decided to grow her again. I'm hoping to take some clones this time before I start flowering so I can pick one or two good plants to be mothers.

Yeah that's it, I've been following Cultivators recipes from the get go. It's legit as hell, been giving me fantastic results and really easy to follow. He really knows his stiff and willing to help everyone achieve food results.

The Holy Grail Kush is really legit pal, it's an amazing strain. So good I decided to grow her again. I'm hoping to take some clones this time before I start flowering so I can pick one or two good plants to be mothers.
Ah, i didn't realize you've grown it before. Btw congrats on that last harvest top notch stuff! The name of this strain has to be one of the best names I've ever heard. Some people spend all their lives searching for the holy grail :)

Ah, i didn't realize you've grown it before. Btw congrats on that last harvest top notch stuff! The name of this strain has to be one of the best names I've ever heard. Some people spend all their lives searching for the holy grail :)
Thanks very much pal, appreciate the kind words. It really is an impressive strain, hoping I get a couple of good phenos in this set of seeds. Yeah I agree with you there, it's an awesome name ;)!

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

After watching the last grow, I'm definitely jumping on this bus! I learned tons from your last go, can't wait to see what this one brings!
Awesome, glad to have you here and welcome to my new journal BaseGrow. Glad you could learn a thing or two. Me too, I'm really excited to see what the future holds for this grow ;).

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

You know m n Terp!! Cant wait to see the jungle in there again!! This is gonna b great!!!

You know m n Terp!! Cant wait to see the jungle in there again!! This is gonna b great!!!
Hey hey Pino! How we doing Bro? Glad to have you along for the journey pal. Haha, me too, I love the jungle ;)!

Yes the magic is happening!! This show is bout to get going!! Great start!! M bout to start my next grow myself!! Gonna soack seeds today!! Great work keep it up this show is gonna be fun!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't adding a/c with the co2 be counter productive? If I remember correctly the co2 is more efficient for high temps. Nice choice of beans, will keep an eye on them. Happy Growing!

Back
Top Bottom