Terra Canna Professional tips

Hi. No, it's not. It is basically the same as coco. The main difference is that aside from PH you treat it like normal potting soil. It doesn't need to be constantly wet. Have a read from this link. It's long but well worth it. The guy is corresponding with the horticulturalist from Cana. There should be a big fluorescent sign on the bag saying PH 5.8 - 6.2. I didn't know until I stumbled across the thread halfway through the grow.

Soil conundrum

You're not a pest. This is my hobby. :cheer: :nomo: :ganjamon:
Hi there,

ive had a flick through the post in question. There talking about canna terra professional plus. I’m growing in canna terra professional. 2 different soils.

canna terra professional plus is not a hot soil. Meaning no nutrients in it. Mainly peat based.

am I going mad but no question about canna terra professional soil.

god bless you

Hi there,

ive had a flick through the post in question. There talking about canna terra professional plus. I’m growing in canna terra professional. 2 different soils.

canna terra professional plus is not a hot soil. Meaning no nutrients in it. Mainly peat based.

am I going mad but no question about canna terra professional soil.

god bless you
From memory (always dangerous) I'm pretty sure it's the same thing with the addition of some sort of root stimulant (the plus). In any case they don't differentiate with the nute directions, so pH is sTill 5.8 - 6.2. If you find out differently, please let me know.

From memory (always dangerous) I'm pretty sure it's the same thing with the addition of some sort of root stimulant (the plus). In any case they don't differentiate with the nute directions, so pH is sTill 5.8 - 6.2. If you find out differently, please let me know.

hi mate,

thank you for your advice. I’ve just messaged canna. Waiting for a answer, as soon as I find out I’ll message you.

thank you again.

I am using canna terra professional plus.
Gr8 light, airey basically nutural soil.
Dont over water, im nearly in flower and you only need to feed once a week ( im in 30 ltr fabric pots)
I did notice very minor dulling of leaves but added .5ml cal - mag every 2 weeks n sweet as but its stays wet for a goid time and hold onto fluids.
Use canna terra nutes as suggested by chart , i was as ya do under feeding and it definitly showed so now i use norm feed chart suggestion.
I havent had any ph issues really but i use rain water, plants go wild, iv roots galore, repotted 1 week ago into 30ltr from 15 and i need to think about repotting...
Very much similarities to cococoir totally love it, had no pests, no nothing that wasnt an easy fix.. dont let it totally dry out.... next water when dampish not wet on bottom.... canna also suggext this on tnere site to not let dry out as harms thise3goid ol fungis etc
Dont over water... water edge pots only.. but slowly and overwatering you will see effects str8 away and as holds fluids it lasts..
I water inbetween which going well , canba suggest feed every feed but this iv found isnt necessary... i had some help on here early on and well as i wasnt feeding full feed guide i was xtarving them so use the light feed schedule and ph water is all iv needed to watch

Oh... it has a slght nitrogen level but nothing that matters and or need to be concered over

hello, i need some tips for terra canna professional

first of all, what's the diference between professional, and plus?

is the one i have pre-fertilized a bit?

i have a 8lt fabric pot and a 11 liter one.

i mixed in 20% of perlite into the soil, is it enough?

i'm planning to grow autos in this, can i start into the final pot?

how should i water for new seedlings?
Its comes with perlite in it? The canna terra pros plus does...
Its very very light and aiery you wont need add any, when drys it will go light n fluffy . And you can reuse but increase canny...
But its allvready to go as unlike coco does not need washing etc.. damp and add plant then water for 1st 2 feeds.. but yeah id be hesitant adding more perlite

CANNA Terra Professional is a nitrogen-rich potting mix for plant cultivation. Your plants grow best in a nitrogen-rich potting mix. CANNA Terra Professional potting mix is unlike anything you will find in a garden centre. It contains a blend of upgraded black peat, granulated peat moss and perlite. If you are going to grow indoors or outdoors, this is the potting mix you want to use.
These are for soil/run to waste
CANNA Terra Vega
he development of vital, young side shoots and good root development is characterised by healthy, fast growth. This is the basis that’s needed for achieving top results. Terra Vega contains all the nutritional elements that the plants need during this phase. Terra Vega works universal and is suitable for use with all types of potting mixes.
Prevent stress with CANNAZYM
In a root system that is functioning properly some roots will die off and new ones will form. The dead roots form an ideal food source for pathogens. Once pathogenic fungi have multiplied in the dead root material they form a threat to the healthy roots, which can be easily attacked causing a sharp decline in the roots functioning. As a result of this the entire plant will be put in a stress situation and growth will be stunted. CANNAZYM can best be used to prevent this.
The enzymes in CANNAZYM ensure that dead root material is quickly converted into minerals and sugars. This is important because these elements form an important nutritional source for the plants and the soil environment. Also, rotting produces poisonous materials, which will be counteracted, and the chance of infection arising caused by pathogenic fungi is reduced considerably. As well as this, a number of easily absorbable vitamins have been added to CANNAZYM, which will stimulate the plants to produce new roots. For these reasons CANNAZYM should be continually added to the feeding solution from the second week of cultivation diluted at the ratio of 1:400.
RHIZOTONIC; 100% vegetable
RHIZOTONIC is a powerful, vegetable based root stimulator. It causes extra root growth and in this way helps the plants to become established more quickly. For this reason RHIZOTONIC is an ideal product for cuttings and plants that have to be potted or for plants that have developed badly after being in a state of shock. As well as this RHIZOTONIC contains a wide variety of trace elements that are advantageous for the plants. The first 2 or 3 times that you use RHIZOTONIC you should add it to the feeding water in the ratio of 1:250 or spray it on the leaves.

Are you using terra or coco? As terra is not same 8ngredients and im at odds why added perlite?
Canna terra professional plus,
Canna coco professional or canna coco professional plus?

Are you using terra or coco? As terra is not same 8ngredients and im at odds why added perlite?
Canna terra professional plus,
Canna coco professional or canna coco professional plus?
Hi there,

I’m using canna terra professional. I need to find out the PH range. I’ve messaged the company who produce the item, no answer absolutely crap company. No problems with the soil.

remember trees and plants are green

Hi there,

I’m using canna terra professional. I need to find out the PH range. I’ve messaged the company who produce the item, no answer absolutely crap company. No problems with the soil.

Hiya! Just wanted to say hi. My Canna Terra Pro is about to arrive. I am also using Bio Canna nutes, which apparently don't need to be pHed.

I am thinking to follow the directions and use 5.8 to begin with. Maybe I can use 5.9 as I'm already a few weeks into veg.

Hi there,

nice to meet you. But try not to get confused with professional and professional plus.

The PH range is 5.8 to 6.3 you wanna hit in the middle of that range. Another tip this soil is not good for rushing feeding. Do it slowly.

Just make sure it’s ready for nutrients. Before you start to feed.

God bless you

Hi there,

nice to meet you. But try not to get confused with professional and professional plus.

The PH range is 5.8 to 6.3 you wanna hit in the middle of that range. Another tip this soil is not good for rushing feeding. Do it slowly.

Just make sure it’s ready for nutrients. Before you start to feed.

God bless you

Hey, I just got off the phone with one of Canna Australia's grower dudes, Shaun (Sean?).

Just wanted to confirm that a) I am using Canna Terra Pro (not Plus) and b) 5.8 - 6.2 is indeed the range for nute solutions.

He was awesome. Answered my questions and gave me so much more context.

@Calvados this corroborates everything you've said, as well as that other thread in which someone spoke to the Canna rep.

To expand:

He confirmed that the pH range for nute solutions for Canna Terra Pro is 5.8 - 6.2. I asked him why it doesn't fall in the "orthodox" range, and he said that there's a lot of folklore and fixation about pH. But the real interactions are much more complex, and also have to do with the roots' exudates, which themselves can be acidic or alkaline depending on the stage of growth, and, of course, the substrate itself. He told me that EC can affect efficacy way more radically than pH. So the fear that "there's no way" the plant will get everything it needs with a nute solution pHed between 5.8 - 6.2 is BS, basically (in the context of Canna Terra Pro). Anyway, I'm using their Bio line which, he confirmed, doesn't need pHing at all!

using their Bio line which, he confirmed, doesn't need pHing at all!
:ciao:That’s the same canna line that I used. I can’t remember if we covered that detail when we talked about this briefly a little while back. I used it in coco and it went really well, I just didn’t like the every day Coco thing. I plan to try it again sometime in a promix/fauxmix type media. Kudos for just calling the company :thumb: I didn’t think of that at all when I was researching before I used it :oops:. Oh I can also confirm that I absolutely did not adjust PH at all and it was perfectly excellent.

:ciao:That’s the same canna line that I used. I can’t remember if we covered that detail when we talked about this briefly a little while back. I used it in coco and it went really well, I just didn’t like the every day Coco thing. I plan to try it again sometime in a promix/fauxmix type media. Kudos for just calling the company :thumb: I didn’t think of that at all when I was researching before I used it :oops:. Oh I can also confirm that I absolutely did not adjust PH at all and it was perfectly excellent.

Thanks Amy! I'm glad to know you had a good experience with it. I've been having a very easy time with it as well! If only my potting mix weren't busted - which is what brought me here.

Haha I just got tired of dealing with so much uncertainty and finding so much division wherever I searched. People seemed to be confused about both Terra Pro and the Bio stuff in different ways and I wanted to get to the bottom of it. Then I learnt they have offices in Australia and thought, why not? And guess what, they have a free grower support line lol! So that was available to us all along... What a strange and unexpected resource to have.

The guy was great and it was an edifying conversation for me. Helped separate some of the folklore from the actual science. I even talked to him about my current mix checking in at 4 pH and he had some good advice about how and when to fight a substrate. And some good wisdom about shitty peat mixes :laughtwo:

He basically seemed keen and open to talk about anything grow-related and I was quite astounded to be having an IRL conversation with a professional about growing!

Hi there,

Its awesome stuff iv had a fantastic grow so far, no pests and no nute damage..
Basiclly... if its tje canna terra prof, its not coco so no need wash/ flush cal mag etc etc .. on canna website they jave the grow guide.. pick ya soil easy peasy .. less is more etc etc.. its ment be totally nill amy nutes and sterile etc and has perlite in it so what u feed is wjat it gets and iv found this spot on.
Im using fabric bags and yeah loving it..

I have found a foliage spray after every feed of calmag like 1ml if that in water has helped and i add a lil rhiz yum yu .. but yeah follow guide cant go wrong.. im using the canna vege, flores, rhiz, boost, canny, and next week pk 13

Its awesome stuff iv had a fantastic grow so far, no pests and no nute damage..
Basiclly... if its tje canna terra prof, its not coco so no need wash/ flush cal mag etc etc .. on canna website they jave the grow guide.. pick ya soil easy peasy .. less is more etc etc.. its ment be totally nill amy nutes and sterile etc and has perlite in it so what u feed is wjat it gets and iv found this spot on.
Im using fabric bags and yeah loving it..

I have found a foliage spray after every feed of calmag like 1ml if that in water has helped and i add a lil rhiz yum yu .. but yeah follow guide cant go wrong.. im using the canna vege, flores, rhiz, boost, canny, and next week pk 13

The PK13 is strong stuff. It gives your plants a nice boost.

Back
Top Bottom