TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

teSmp's 5 gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L soil - BPN

K I started a new journal here for all my little hydro/hybrid experiments.. Any hydro related info is much needed, well any info :) Here's what I have going in here:

1 x Giesel Diesel in a 2L - FFOF/Perlite 60/40% - 26 days of flower
1 x White Widow in a 2L DWC-H - Perlite/Vermiculite 75/25% - 4 days of flower
1 x White Widow in a DWC 5 gallon - hydroton - 4 days of flower
1 x Purple Kush in a 2L DWC-H - Perlite/Vermiculite 75/25% - 4 days of flower
1 x Purple kush in a 2L hempy - Perlite/Vermiculite 75/25% - 4 days of flower

and of course my 2 x White Widow in 3 gallon pots - FFOF/Perlite 60/40% you can see them the other journal in my signature.

First question if anyone can answer with hempy experience. The mixture still feels moist from watering day before yesterday. Do I just water it each day till it comes out the holes or should I let it dry up a little? and do the hempy and DWC-H's get the same pH as normal hydro? K on to the pics:

White Widow (topped twice on two close nodes) 5 gallon DWC:

IMG_102512.jpg

IMG_102611.jpg

2L soil Giesel (Flowering 26 days):

IMG_102313.jpg

IMG_102412.jpg

2L DWC-H Purple Kush:

IMG_101810.jpg

IMG_101913.jpg

2L DWC-H White Widow:

IMG_101611.jpg

IMG_101711.jpg

2L Hempy Purple Kush - FIM'd:

IMG_1015.PNG

IMG_101214.jpg

:welcome::420::thanks:

re: TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

subd mate, im interested in this grow as its a good way of getting loads of plants into a small space, but its always the old question, do you get more off more plants and less veg, or less plants more veg, and you see your 2lt bottle you have it cut in half then put the top half inside the bottom half, when you water then do you leave the water to drain out into the outer bottle and leave it their for the roots to drink back up, sorry for the dumb questions mate, i just think it would be a good way to get more plants into a small space and have less veg time and better light penetration due to having a smaller plant area,

you know I'm in for this :) :Namaste:

:) Right on :)

subd mate, im interested in this grow as its a good way of getting loads of plants into a small space, but its always the old question, do you get more off more plants and less veg, or less plants more veg, and you see your 2lt bottle you have it cut in half then put the top half inside the bottom half, when you water then do you leave the water to drain out into the outer bottle and leave it their for the roots to drink back up, sorry for the dumb questions mate, i just think it would be a good way to get more plants into a small space and have less veg time and better light penetration due to having a smaller plant area,

:welcome: In the end I think less veg time is better as long as you can get a good yield, because it can give you an extra harvest per year with having to veg. Unless you have two separate grow areas then it doesn't matter. However, when I move I'm just going to do 2 large DWC plants with veg time, because I think it's something I would be more interested in doing. I will still have a few 2L's if these work well..

Yeah, twelve12 came up with the design, it's a hydro 2L. The upper part is your net pot and the lower part is your reservoir. You water through the top and I have holes in the lower bottle about 2.5" down from the rim that tells me when the reservoir is full (when water comes out of the holes). The roots will hang in the res.

Great start, I'm subbed :thumb:

Glad to have you :)

Rockin' right along. Hopefully, everything will actually finish before move-out date. That first 2L is just exploding!!
Oh and subbed(what a surprise ,huh?)

Rockin' right along. Hopefully, everything will actually finish before move-out date. That first 2L is just exploding!!
Oh and subbed(what a surprise ,huh?)

Thanks Pierce! I am very happy with the progress on the Giesel 2Lnit hasn't even got to the stage where it's going to start filling out and it has a bigger bud then my WWs lol, not as thick and dense but still! Excited for all these little projects it really keeps it interesting :)

I've been really impressed with your constant experimentation. I'm way too conservative. I'm so lazy I've been thinking about moving my indoor plants outside as soon as they're far enough into flower that they won't just reveg, so I can just simplify things and reduce my labor and electrical expenditure

I've been really impressed with your constant experimentation. I'm way too conservative. I'm so lazy I've been thinking about moving my indoor plants outside as soon as they're far enough into flower that they won't just reveg, so I can just simplify things and reduce my labor and electrical expenditure

Ya some people are just not into as much as others! I think out electric bill only went up about 10 dollars a month with everything running. But it's a transition between seasons to so its hard to tell. You will have to wait a long time to be able to place them outdoors without revegging. Actually if they're flowering they'll be finished before its dark enough to move them outside.

soz mate, i keep getting kicked off the net, using my fone as modem is no good, cant get my fone line fixed till the 1st, trying to find someone that knows how to use backtrack 5, i cant get my wireless card to be detected so i can use it to collect packets, but thats another story and another site,

looks easy to make, is their a recomended veg time with this method, i notice all the plants are tall and thin using this method, does restricting the roots cause this to happen naturally or is their much training involved, wouldnt of thought you can veg for long like that before its root bound, ill give it a try when i know more about it, at the moment ive got 2 veg rooms up and running and 1 flower, but 1 of the veg rooms can be used to flower as and when needed, i needed somewhere to veg my seeds away from the bigger plants as i was fed up of balancing the smaller pots on old video and game cases, bit of a balancing act, i lost one plant due to it falling over so decided to have a smaller veg room for my seedlings so thats what i have got,

soz mate, i keep getting kicked off the net, using my fone as modem is no good, cant get my fone line fixed till the 1st, trying to find someone that knows how to use backtrack 5, i cant get my wireless card to be detected so i can use it to collect packets, but thats another story and another site,

looks easy to make, is their a recomended veg time with this method, i notice all the plants are tall and thin using this method, does restricting the roots cause this to happen naturally or is their much training involved, wouldnt of thought you can veg for long like that before its root bound, ill give it a try when i know more about it, at the moment ive got 2 veg rooms up and running and 1 flower, but 1 of the veg rooms can be used to flower as and when needed, i needed somewhere to veg my seeds away from the bigger plants as i was fed up of balancing the smaller pots on old video and game cases, bit of a balancing act, i lost one plant due to it falling over so decided to have a smaller veg room for my seedlings so thats what i have got,

I was going to say you should take one of your seeds and give a try, or take a clone. The whole lower half will hold a good amount of roots in the reservoir, so no need to really worry about getting root bound. What is usually done is lollipop'ing the plants in 2L bottles, yes it is one bud and tall. But that bud can weigh anywhere from 1/2 an ounce to a full ounce, sometimes more. The maintenance is really easy, and the yield well we'll see :) veg time is usually short. Take the clone root it and put it to flower. If the clone is 6-8" it could be anywhere from a foot to 2 feet by time it stops stretching in two weeks. The benefit to this method would be a true SOG, you could easily put 75 of the 2L's in a 3x3 space and at 1/2-1 ounce a plant that is 2.35-4.7 pounds.

sounds like a plan to me, ive got 2 veg rooms that are 3x3, i might build 1 or 2 and give it a try and see what happens, it may be a quicker turn around time as it would cut the veg time right down, so i would have more plants taking up less space and less veg time, i might give 1 or 2 a try when i take cuttings and see what happens, but could be the answer to my problem, how to get a quick turn around, possibly keeping a mother plant or 2 of different strains, could be a good idea, im just reading about it now before i try and get cupple of hours kip, 2:50am, gota get up at 6:30 to get kids ready for school, and i got tooth ache, just gets worse, ill catch up with you tomorrow when ive picked up my bpn, laters mate

Hey Don, this is no insult, in fact, its more of a compliment to how badly you want to do well, but I really feel like you've been way overthinking things such as veg time, and lighting schedules etc. If you have a limited, space just 12/12'em form seed. Theres a guy on here called Shaggy..something(can't remember the whole name)who has a journal doing 12/12 from seed and it's freakin' awesome bro.

Hey Don, this is no insult, in fact, its more of a compliment to how badly you want to do well, but I really feel like you've been way overthinking things such as veg time, and lighting schedules etc. If you have a limited, space just 12/12'em form seed. Theres a guy on here called Shaggy..something(can't remember the whole name)who has a journal doing 12/12 from seed and it's freakin' awesome bro.

Yep 12/12 No mercy grows from seed are great, just takes a lot of seeds. Or have a mother plant and cloner and flower the clones in 2L's right out of the cloner with no Veg time. If you have 75 2L's just stagger the harvest for a perpetual grow. Plant 25 new 2L's ever 3 weeks. This is one way to try to maximize your yield, another benefit with no Veg is you don't get any popcorn buds with single colas.

So this is where the party is at. Your plants looks good. Can't wait to see some flowering action in those DWC-H.

Do I just water it each day till it comes out the holes or should I let it dry up a little?

Daily till it comes through then reduce to every other day.

and do the hempy and DWC-H's get the same pH as normal hydro?

Yes, all soil less medium is consider hydroponic so pH for hydro is highly recommended.

So this is where the party is at. Your plants looks good. Can't wait to see some flowering action in those DWC-H.

Do I just water it each day till it comes out the holes or should I let it dry up a little?

Daily till it comes through then reduce to every other day.

and do the hempy and DWC-H's get the same pH as normal hydro?

Yes, all soil less medium is consider hydroponic so pH for hydro is highly recommended.

Yeah I can't wait to start seeing some results and side by side comparison :) thanks for the info, the one I was wondering about was the straight hempy 2L where I was asking about watering everyday? Like it still feels pretty moist, just water it anyway till it runs out the hole?

Back
Top Bottom