Hello and good day to you all!

As a veteran I'll break this down into a military style briefing.

Situation
I wanted to do another autoflower grow and ViparSpectra were kind enough to allow me to test their product. Also to decommision my old veg cabinet and keep my bonsai mothers and any clones along with the autos in a new setup.

Mission
Grow some awesome autoflowers, keep the mothers ticking over and show what the XS1000 is capable of. Main focus on the light and autoflower plants.

Resources
ViparSpectra XS1000 120W LED light
Grow tent 50x90x160cm
AC Infinity Cloudline S4 extraction fan
4" carbon filter
Various USB fans for air movement
Biobizz light mix soil
Fabric pots
Remo nutrients supercharged kit
Autoflower seedlings- 1 x Pineapple Express (Fast Buds), 1 x Orange Sherbert (Fast Buds), 1 x Skywalker Haze (Dutch Passion)

Most importantly, you ladies and gents to come along for the ride bringing your knowledge, interest and encouragement. The more the merrier.

Limitations
First time growing in a larger space. Yes, believe it or not for me this tent is huge.
First time using the Remo Nutrients.
Myself - Although I've had some great success thanks to everything I've learned from all of you here at 420 Magazine, I'm only 2 years into growing still and relatively inexperienced. Hopefully we can all learn something together once again.

Any questions so far troops? Next post will be detailing the XS1000. Thanks for reading this far. We'll get to the good stuff soon.

Back on the forum mate and just seen this!!! Hope it goes well I’m sure you will smash it. I’m bonsai- ing some clones now any chance I could take a look at yours thanks bro best of luck jj
Thanks guys. @Jayjayloi if you have a flick through my perpetual journal in my sig you'll see the bonsai mothers. Will have a few posts on those in the future here too. Think I started them early November. They don't take much looking after.

Sweet Vet il take a look later man. I built a little cabinet for them ready for when the clones have rooted. You inspired me with yours lol that’s a before and after of how they look now and took clones to bonsai, fastest growing strain I’ve ever seen - gorilla zskittles

the lil one in the back is an auto gorilla - il probably be pestering you now about bonsais lol
Sweet setup mate. Nice and tidy, I like it. Pester away. I recommend the 1ltr square plastic pots for the bonsais. Easier to do root pruning.

Thanks bro it’s obviously not a stealth cabinet with a extractor bolted to the top lol thanks man I appreciate it - do you keep you bonsais in an all mix substrate instead or using Nutes? Heard this is good to stop salt build up as they will be there for a good while - what’s your method?
Mine are in light mix and I feed them a light dose of mega crop and the odd plain watering. No complaints yet. Mine will be due a root pruning when I get around to it and in that process a good portion of the soil will be replaced with fresh.

Mine are in light mix and I feed them a light dose of mega crop and the odd plain watering. No complaints yet. Mine will be due a root pruning when I get around to it and in that process a good portion of the soil will be replaced with fresh.
Thanks for that man sounds simple and easy, want it to be easy as possible! Light looks wicked man looking forward to seeing the results you get.

I’m going to get rid of the previous picture/post bro as to not jam up your new thread with unnecessary posts!

Thanks for that man sounds simple and easy, want it to be easy as possible! Light looks wicked man looking forward to seeing the results you get.

I’m going to get rid of the previous picture/post bro as to not jam up your new thread with unnecessary posts!
Don't worry about it at all. Cool pics and the journal is for you all to get involved and share things too.

Thanks mate just being courteous. You popped the seeds yet?
Yes mate all 3 are up and a few days old. The Skywalker Haze popped up on Star Wars day. :laugh:

The Pineapple Express and Orange Sherbert have stretched a bit as they weren't in the ideal area after unexpected delays getting this new light up and running. They'll just need burying a little when I transplant them. Will get some pics up tonight.

Hello and good day to you all!

@ViparSpectra have given me the great opportunity to test their XS1000 LED grow light and I hope you'll join me in discovering what this light can do. As a veteran I'll break this down into a military style briefing.

Situation
I wanted to do another autoflower grow and ViparSpectra were kind enough to allow me to test their product. Also to decommision my old veg cabinet and keep my bonsai mothers and any clones along with the autos in a new setup.

Mission
Grow some awesome autoflowers, keep the mothers ticking over and show what the XS1000 is capable of. Main focus on the light and autoflower plants.

Resources
ViparSpectra XS1000 120W LED light
Grow tent 50x90x160cm
AC Infinity Cloudline S4 extraction fan
4" carbon filter
Various USB fans for air movement
Biobizz light mix soil
Fabric pots
Remo nutrients supercharged kit
Autoflower seedlings- 1 x Pineapple Express (Fast Buds), 1 x Orange Sherbert (Fast Buds), 1 x Skywalker Haze (Dutch Passion)

Most importantly, you ladies and gents to come along for the ride bringing your knowledge, interest and encouragement. The more the merrier.

Limitations
First time growing in a larger space. Yes, believe it or not for me this tent is huge.
First time using the Remo Nutrients.
Myself - Although I've had some great success thanks to everything I've learned from all of you here at 420 Magazine, I'm only 2 years into growing still and relatively inexperienced. Hopefully we can all learn something together once again.

Any questions so far troops? Next post will be detailing the XS1000. Thanks for reading this far. We'll get to the good stuff soon.
One vet to another. Well done

Ahhhaha skywalker has risen! lol that is definitely fate! Yeah they will be fine mate.
Why you chose the autos over taking cuttings from your mothers? I bet you have some stock now eh bro
My 2x2 tent recently finished flowering some cuttings from the mothers and is now housing the Girl Scout Cookies for the comparative grow that will soon be put into 12/12. I also fancied doing some autos again and the Mrs requested some Pineapple Express. With this setup I can play around with autos and veg/clones/mothers in one space and then when the GSC comparative ends I can put some more clones into flower in the 2x2. I'll probably start a GSC mother soon too.

My 2x2 tent recently finished flowering some cuttings from the mothers and is now housing the Girl Scout Cookies for the comparative grow that will soon be put into 12/12. I also fancied doing some autos again and the Mrs requested some Pineapple Express. With this setup I can play around with autos and veg/clones/mothers in one space and then when the GSC comparative ends I can put some more clones into flower in the 2x2. I'll probably start a GSC mother soon too.
Yeah that makes sense. I had enough of autos, not because I think there not very good or anything I’m just shit at growing them lol so gone back to photos as I know where I stand with them, and I want a mother that I know will give me the same quality each time. And then introduce new strains one by one until I have four bonsai mums where I can get consistent smoke, that’s the plan any way. The three zkittles I will grow out and choose the best for a mum. You’ve been working hard tho Vet and it’s paid off man your on your shit. Come a long way from that lil cab you had when I first met you on here!

Back
Top Bottom