Testing strains

Jackalope

I like lots of people have always wanted to be a judge at a cannabis cup. The more I test my own weed. The more I don't understand how they can do it. I seen time and time again that one strain will effect the high of others. The only strain tested well is the first strain of the day.

Recently I tested a SSH plant for quality of high. Effects were not what I expected. I didn't think it was very strong. After not getting the high I wanted I took a couple hits of a different strain. 2 hits and I was baked. I know the second strain is not really strong because I tested it in the same way. The effects from the first strain caused lots of the felt effects of the second strain. In a normal cannabis cup the second strain would probably get the credit for the great high. The problem is. Neither strain had well rounded highs. The both did only one thing good. Smoked together the high was great. Neither strain should get the credit on its own.

Yes the great flavors and smells will help the better strains do well. Lots of times the effects will shine through also. If they do shine through they will now effect the quality of highs of the strains left to test. A minimum of 3 hours is needed between strains to test them well. That is not going to happen. I am sure no one try's to test them all. Probably only testing the best smelling. Still even with less testing. Highs are going to be hard to define. To many times my favorite highs have changed day to day. Which strain smoked when was changing everything.

So now I don't want to judge a Cannabis cup. If I can't judge my own weed to my satisfaction how can I test other peoples.

That is the way I do it. First try is in the morning. After that I see how well they play with others. Funny as shit to smoke a strain to start the day. Knowing it will end any chance of starting my day LMAO.

What I always find weird is strains that seem to do nothing to me when smoked first. Then seem really strong when smoked with others. I am not sure if my mind is not noticing the key parts of the high or what.

What I have found no matter how strong anything is. That lots of those strains I don't like the high of on it's own. Work great when combined with another strain. Before it was T-2 and Choccrit. Now it is SSH and Bag of Oranges.

The Celt. I am sure your frame of mind has a lot to do with the outcome and its effects. My frame of mind doesn't change much day to day. It is hard for me to use that as a consideration. While I do get great days I don't often have bad days. When you get rid of the highs and lows. Life in the middle can be quite nice LMAO.

That is actually a good thing LMAO. It is hard enough to judge strains on just there own merits.

I donate to couple of friends and family who are always in need. Couple of them I used to use to help me with testing. Of course I test my own ( as much as possible ) but it's also nice to hear feedback from others. But like with everything else in life if you want something done correctly, you just have to do it yourself. My testers would always test my stuff while already stones. Then tell me varying results that I knew were wrong. Then down the road I'd donate the same exact thing and they'd say why have you been hiding that one from me. I'd laugh and say, you told me it was mediocre :laughtwo: Now it's all of a sudden the best thing ever :rofl: I gave up on that process. It's all about what I like now and they get what they get :D

I have yet to get a good strain report from anyone. I do know 2 people that do fairly well. Most just say good or bad. No one says bad. Pretty sure they think the supply will dry up if they say it is bad LMAO. Both these people drink regularly. While it does affect the effects. At least it is consistent. They both also just take a few hits and see what happens before smoking more. The constancy is why I trust their reviews.

The every one is different or looking for different things makes it more complex too, like the folks that shop by thc % when there is other things involved in it and not as simplistic as alcohol IMHO, I shop by looks and smell when I do shop which is rare now that I can grow my own legally. Example the Panama Red I grew was supposedly to have been bred for CBD personally I really liked it, but I don't smoke a lot and not looking to get "totally blasted" due to situation being old ladies caregiver. I felt it was an old school "creeper" high as we used to call it back in the day. Whereas my Son didn't care for it as he had to smoke more to get affect he was looking for. Yet the Baristas I gave some to that are in his age group thought it was rather good (albeit they like my tips at Espresso Stand I frequent as if not that I'm usually bringing them cookies or donuts for a tip as I recall the "broke college student days" quite well ;) even though that was decades ago :rofl: so maybe they not going to tell me it was "meh" either as never look a gift toke in the bowl ;) :rofl: ). Like I'm looking for a more up high and the Indica heavy tend to make me take a nap whereas my Son doesn't have that problem and he smokes like I used to back before I quit due to employers with randoms (he an oz lasts a couple weeks and me a gram can last a week sometimes :rofl: or many days at least).

Doing the first thing in the morning thing with the last Banana Sorbet today :smokin:Late at night it puts me out pretty well. As a morning buzz it is not the day wrecker you might think it would be. It didn't even kill my motivation. Still doesn't have the head high part I prefer but it is nice. Great movie day shit. I can see other people like it more then I do.

One thing that really needs to be considered. (Now that I can't work for a living I never get there any more LMAO). That is trying it for the first time of the day after 2 pm. The first high of the day is always better if it is postponed till late in the day. Why I have no idea. I have seen it time and time again.

Back
Top Bottom