Decided to save myself a few pennies and put both plants under 1 light to finish off. I checked the PPFD under the light after switching one off and got a noticeable drop in the readings. The light hadn't moved at that point. Added to my belief that you can't really compare 2 lights side by side in one tent. Would be very difficult not to have spillover skewing results anyway.

PXL_20220504_200455325~2.jpg

Made the drainage table for the next journal. Glued some plinth feet on and put a drain tube in the front. Hoping the glue stays strong.
PXL_20220430_220734362~2.jpg

Here's how it will look with the 5 buckets in.
PXL_20220430_220956191~2.jpg
Vet, First, if in doubt on glue integrity use JB Weld high tensile strength 2 part thickened epoxy…I guarantee total impervious and tenacious bond. What is the dimension of that tray and where did you buy. Cheer#

Vet, First, if in doubt on glue integrity use JB Weld high tensile strength 2 part thickened epoxy…I guarantee total impervious and tenacious bond. What is the dimension of that tray and where did you buy. Cheer#
Thanks mate. Seems solid enough but I still haven't had time to test it under any weight yet. The tray is 60x60cm and I got it on eBay. If you search Garland tray you'll find them somewhere.

Morning Vet.
The 80×80 I've got can sag a little in the centre when under weight, hopefully your 60×60 is more rigid. It may need an extra prop/leg in the centre when plants are big, to maintain the flow level to the drainage hole.
:passitleft:
Thanks bud. I did notice that about it. I'll find something to support it under the middle.

You're a patient man, Vet!
It'll definitely be worth the wait- lots of great weed on those pretty ladies!:drool:

While we wait, let's ponder how different the leave look give the identical conditions! And how fat the flowers are on both.

What else do we have to do? :reading420magazine:
Indeed! All I can say really is it's a visual example of how different strains have different needs. Which we all know anyway, but it's here in pictures. Will be interesting doing the 5 strains on the next run.

I fed them both a couple of days ago and the pineapple express bucket is feeling about ready for some more. The Blueberry feels like it's barely drunk anything so shes looking like the first to the finish line.

Our hard water plays a big part in the difference i believe, I found out my tap water contains 250ml calcium carbonates per litre...PER LITRE:eek:

The crafty buggers are hiding the magnesium levels from me on the website....but I'm on to them..
I believe the calcium to magnesium ratio wants to be around 3:1. In most hard water areas in the uk this is way off. Which in my case the high calcium starts reacting bad with the PK.

I've found a uk company (growers ark) that will test your tap water exactly . It is an extra expense (£30) but I'm interested to know what's going on if using tap water and adjust accordingly.

I'm also stoned, so forgive the waffle:thumb:

Our hard water plays a big part in the difference i believe, I found out my tap water contains 250ml calcium carbonates per litre...PER LITRE:eek:

The crafty buggers are hiding the magnesium levels from me on the website....but I'm on to them..
I believe the calcium to magnesium ratio wants to be around 3:1. In most hard water areas in the uk this is way off. Which in my case the high calcium starts reacting bad with the PK.

I've found a uk company (growers ark) that will test your tap water exactly . It is an extra expense (£30) but I'm interested to know what's going on if using tap water and adjust accordingly.

I'm also stoned, so forgive the waffle:thumb:
Report here says Calcium is 292ppm and Magnesium is 2.4ppm.

Maybe I'll have to start putting the water through a basic filter at least. Definitely going to try nutrients made for hard water though and see what difference that makes.

Back
Top Bottom