Hey Vet! Rock n roll here innit :cheesygrinsmiley: Came little late to the party but great looking harvest you got there!
Was the plants grown under DIY led or XS1000?

- V

Hey Vet! Rock n roll here innit :cheesygrinsmiley: Came little late to the party but great looking harvest you got there!
Was the plants grown under DIY led or XS1000?

- V
Thanks bud. No worries. Have to jump in on the next one. They were grown under both. Not so much DIY but professionally manufactured prototype that I designed. The Pineapple Express was under that and the Blueberry under the XS1000.

Thanks bud. No worries. Have to jump in on the next one. They were grown under both. Not so much DIY but professionally manufactured prototype that I designed. The Pineapple Express was under that and the Blueberry under the XS1000.
Was it those Samsung lm301b strips with MW HLG driver that I saw in DIY section?

E: oopsie lol. Just wen to the 1st page… So Bridgelux strips ye?

Awesome Harvest! Congrats! What's up next? Godfather OG?

:hookah:

Sounds good Vet, is that 1:1 strain a mystery to you, or one that you are keeping a mystery?
One I'm keeping a mystery. Wish I didn't have to but it is what it is. I think it will be a great one for when my anxiety is flaring up a bit.

Always thinking at least one grow ahead and I thought maybe I will try doing a bit of a perpetual setup. Aiming to harvest a plant every 2 weeks ish.

Thinking I could use one or two strains with around an 8 week flowering time. Have 4/5 plants in flower with 2 weeks between each. With one or two bonsai mother's in my little cabinet rooting a cutting every couple of weeks and having one cutting veg for around 2 weeks once roots are established. All in hempy.

Now the tent and cabinet setup I have thought of the configuration below but not sure it will work. Well, it will work but I'm not sure if humidity in the flower tent could become an issue. I want to maximise space in the cabinet and avoid running two extraction fans by drawing air from the cabinet using a 120mm case fan and dumping that into the flower tent to be filtered and extracted from there.

Quick drawing of what I'm thinking. Anyone tried anything like this before?
PXL_20220518_105136074~2.jpg

Always thinking at least one grow ahead and I thought maybe I will try doing a bit of a perpetual setup. Aiming to harvest a plant every 2 weeks ish.

Thinking I could use one or two strains with around an 8 week flowering time. Have 4/5 plants in flower with 2 weeks between each. With one or two bonsai mother's in my little cabinet rooting a cutting every couple of weeks and having one cutting veg for around 2 weeks once roots are established. All in hempy.

Now the tent and cabinet setup I have thought of the configuration below but not sure it will work. Well, it will work but I'm not sure if humidity in the flower tent could become an issue. I want to maximise space in the cabinet and avoid running two extraction fans by drawing air from the cabinet using a 120mm case fan and dumping that into the flower tent to be filtered and extracted from there.

You're inspiring Vet, and sounds a great plan but over my head, so I'll just chill quietly at the back!

You're inspiring Vet, and sounds a great plan but over my head, so I'll just chill quietly at the back!
To be honest if it doesn't work it won't take much to put an external filter on the cabinet and separate the two, so I may as well try it.

Well planned but I'm pretty sure the humidity will cause problems in flowering tent in late flowering. Especially if you have a big mother + cuttings in relatively humid environments. …Even if the filter would draw air right next to where the cabinet exhaust air comes.
And if you set your extraction fan to draw more to compensate, you might not be able to control the flower tent environments well enough.

I might be totally wrong here, but recently I've had problems with my own setup as the plants loss a lot water in the air via respiration. My tent volume being exchanged almost two times per hour and RH creeps up to 65% some days…

What kind of intake is that in the flowering tent? Is there a fan for the inline flow? Does it come from outside?

What if you pass the Carbon filter and set the cabinet exhaust to the flower tent end right before the extraction fan with this kind of connector
1652875986753.jpeg

Like this
8ECFDB0C-BACA-493F-AB24-BA0CF178BCB8.jpeg

Only thing is it wont go through the filter, but does the mother and cuttings smell that much?
Like this you would avoid using two extraction/duct fans.

Just throwing ideas in and out :) Also Hempy buckets (at least perlite buckets) from my own experience tend to release more moisture into the tent than other potting mixes.

Anyway for sure that would be an interesting journo to follow!

- V

Well planned but I'm pretty sure the humidity will cause problems in flowering tent in late flowering. Especially if you have a big mother + cuttings in relatively humid environments. …Even if the filter would draw air right next to where the cabinet exhaust air comes.
And if you set your extraction fan to draw more to compensate, you might not be able to control the flower tent environments well enough.

I might be totally wrong here, but recently I've had problems with my own setup as the plants loss a lot water in the air via respiration. My tent volume being exchanged almost two times per hour and RH creeps up to 65% some days…

What kind of intake is that in the flowering tent? Is there a fan for the inline flow? Does it come from outside?

What if you pass the Carbon filter and set the cabinet exhaust to the flower tent end right before the extraction fan with this kind of connector
1652875986753.jpeg

Like this
8ECFDB0C-BACA-493F-AB24-BA0CF178BCB8.jpeg

Only thing is it wont go through the filter, but does the mother and cuttings smell that much?
Like this you would avoid using two extraction/duct fans.

Just throwing ideas in and out :) Also Hempy buckets (at least perlite buckets) from my own experience tend to release more moisture into the tent than other potting mixes.

Anyway for sure that would be an interesting journo to follow!

- V
Exactly what I was thinking but the cabinet is really small and the mother's would be bonsai so I don't think they would cause a huge problem. But I guess there's only one way to find out. I wouldn't risk not filtering anything. Just not worth it. As you've experienced.

I hadn't considered hempy buckets raising humidity so that's definitely a factor to consider. I'll probably give it a go and see what happens.

Forgot to answer this. I was thinking I'd put a 120mm case fan on the intake line to drive a little more air in. If that's not up to the job I'll get a 4" intake fan. The setup will be in my garage so should have plenty of fresh air coming in.

Also forgot to put the dimensions of the cabinet and tent in.

Cabinet: 43x57x63cm
Tent: 70x70x160cm

Here's the inside of that cabinet when I had it stuffed with 3 bonsai mother's and cuttings before. I think there's 9 plants in there. :laugh:
IMG_20210106_230050_DRO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom