Testing without eyes to check when to harvest.

shmeeze16

When to harvest?

You got this far, taken care of your lady from seed or from precious time spent nurturing a gentle clone. She's flowering it's smelling good and looking tasty. When will enjoyment be had? the million dollar question.
Ive read about people harvesting when pistils are half brown, trichomes are at their stage of desired development. Those two methods being the talk I've come to wonder, Has anyone been taking off a small joint sized bud every week close to the end of flowering drying it out and try a sample weekly?
I have, and my results were very satisfying. Pondering this whole process I have come to ask myself a question that seasoned growers would be familiar with and that is, can that mean it's time? sure it's premature of the general 10 week period but can it be ready? also if you wait too long can you harvest too late can potency deteriorate.
Cheers

lol. not by design, but rather necessity in my case. Running low, I decided to pull a low, long branch off each of a few of my plants. didn't speed dry but didn't really cure too long either. Smoking them between 1 and 3 weeks old at this point. They definitely kept getting stronger and better tasting every week. Don't take them too early if you can help it but unless they are high-brix plants, they will begin to deteriorate if they go too long as well. The color of the trichomes really seems to be a helpful measure. If you can't find any amber colored trichs at all, you probably should wait until that changes. This all just my humble opinion of course. :)

:peace:
Ravyn

Back
Top Bottom