TG's First Grow! Bubba Kush - Sour Diesel - Diesel - Critical Kali Mist

Re: TG's First Grow! Bubba Kush, Sour Diesel, Diesel, Critical Kali Mist

hi mate, nice growing. i havent read it all, just quick flick through. Just a couple of points on what i have noticed. U would prob benefit more but lst-ing and training a little sooner wen the plants are much more pliable. Be careful with the RO water, it is a good tool to have but it can create problems with cal/mg deficiencys. Looking at the pics u have posted i dont think u have spider mite, spider mite leave a more fine white dots and u can see them under the leaves. Most likely nute burn or a lock out which can be quite common in soil as the soil holds on to excess nutes more than other medium. I wouldnt flush with ro water unless u have real probs as flushing can cause its own set of problems. I usually flush with tap water. The very best way to clear chlorine out of tap water is to by a small air pump and bubble it out with an air stone. Water that is left standing can go stale, grow algae and evaporate dissolved oxygen. Ur plants will love the super oxygenated water if u use an airstone and chlorine will be dissolved fairly quickly. Sorry if ive missed anything, like i said i only very quickly skipped through. Nice first attempt so far.

Oh few strains which work well in sog/scrog grows that i have experience growing: Greenhouse seeds - big bang, A.M.S, Train Wreck. Flying Dutchman - Pure. Sensai Armageddon. I wish i'd scrog'd one of the current grows i have going, the one in my journal actually. I usually grow big plants with plenty space but my wilma system forced me to sog grow, which i like yield wise. However the stems are really skinny this time and the net would have helped loads, i'll just have to string them up instead. In ur DWC (wen u get around to it) u shouldnt need to train and lst quite as much cos DWC grows wild. I love DWC. But the way i grow at the min means i trial lots diff tchniques at a couple locations and the actual proper grow locations tend to be coco coir grows, simply because they are easier for less advanced growers to manage wen i cant be there and still give great results. So i only have 3 or 4 in DWC right now. I'll post some pics on my journal in a day or two and show u one.
Hey Cultivator, thanks for dropping by, and I really appriciate the input, I will try the air stone in the tap water deal that does make since, and I get what your saying about the cal mag. The thing that I thought was weird is that I tested the RO water with my tds meter and it's even at 110 ppm's how's that? I know of people on here that grow 100% in RO water with excellent results, but I see what your saying they are probably adding calmag. I'll be over to you journal later to check out those pics. Thanks again!

u shouldnt be able to pick up a tds reading with ro water, so maybe ur filter needs replaced? U can grow with ro water, its just more technical and unnecessary unless u have really really bad tap water.

I bought the RO water at a machine in front of a store, I have to pick some more up this weekend, maybe I will try another store and see what I get. My tap water comes out at 350ppm. Is 350ppm tap water ok? because of this I have to give less nutes not to be at 1550 ppm. :peace:

My Sour D. Bounced back and grew alot over night! Ive been giving all my plants tap water since I started, probably why the BK is so small. My tap water comes out of the tap at 350 ppm. I thought they were fine so I never bothered, I flushed the SD with about 15 gallons of ph'd RO water and watered the BK and I am seeing noticable growth in 24 hours. here are a couple of pics. Sorry the pics were taken with a phone, and I was in a hurry, but here we go.:peace:
CKM_SD_D_LST_d_20th_day_veg_.jpg
BK_Day_30th_Flr.jpg
Hey T, What do you think about all these big leaves, should i get them off of there again? Should I stay away form the big ones coming out of the center of the buds?

I bought the RO water at a machine in front of a store, I have to pick some more up this weekend, maybe I will try another store and see what I get. My tap water comes out at 350ppm. Is 350ppm tap water ok? because of this I have to give less nutes not to be at 1550 ppm. :peace:

yes thats fine. just bubble the chlorine out. Thats still classed as soft water really. It'll prop be better for ur plants than ro water, trust me.

Hey T, What do you think about all these big leaves, should i get them off of there again? Should I stay away form the big ones coming out of the center of the buds?

If i were u i wouldnt defoliate or mess about too much on ur first grow as u have nothing to compare ur experience to. Its best to let the plant grow out and remove any dead or dying foliage. If u start doing too many things at once u wont know what a problem is if u get any as there could be more causes. Ofcourse we all want to grow the best crop we can but take it steady mate, u got plenty time...

yes thats fine. just bubble the chlorine out. Thats still classed as soft water really. It'll prop be better for ur plants than ro water, trust me.
After reading several differant threads I see that what your saying about the missing micronutes. I have the air stones going in the tap water as I write this. Really appriciate the input. As far as the thinning of large fan leaves I have been taking out just the large ones that are stealing light and energy from the bud sights, along with lollipoppin the plant and have noticed no signs of stress, as a matter of fact the day after, I have seen improvements every time. I am not claiming to be an expert by no means, and I wouldn't call it defoliation because it's only select leaves, but I wasn't sure if people take out the big fans that are actually coming out if the middle of buds that have grown together. It seems that a lot of the smaller leaves have gotten a lot bigger over the last week. Is there a time in flower that growers that do this have to stop doing it. The thinning that I have done was towards the end of the stretch.:peace:

Firstly its strain dependant really wen it comes to defoliation, some strains love it and others hate it. I defoliate wen i sog grow but only take of lower leaf and shit on bigger plants. Theres pros and cons and varied opinions on it. All i am suggesting to u is that u allow the plant to grow its natural way and maybe take dead foliage off. This way u will know how the strain grows and then once u grow again u can try things like defoliating and training as u will have some sort of bench mark on how the strain grows. In my opinion its is definately beneficial to take off bits of foliage here and there in order to allow better light penetration. large fan leaves or smaller ones.

Ive posted a few pics of one of my DWC buckets on my journal if u want to take a look. The quality of pics isnt amazing as camera on phone is crap. Feel free to ask any questions. The plant i show has only been topped once when very small and no other training.

Ps smart move on air stone........You can never overdo the airstones!!!

Hers a pic of my BK her buds are getting fatter everday!
Bk_32nd_day_flower.jpg
I love watching these plants grow, cant wait to burn some, she is getting frosty all over now!:cheer:

here's the babies lst'd they are starting to grow fast, I had to move big one out of the tent, the 600 watt HPS had the room up to 86 degrees. The temp has been at its highest 81 since I switched rooms. Gotta find away to get the temps down without running the central ac set at 75.

Tremendous grow room! Love the look of the BK!

About temps, my understanding was the plants only absorb/utilise CO2 when above 90f, below that no need for CO2 but above 90f, no biggy with added CO2.(slight mis-understanding by me, quote below sounds better science, but still just an opinion)

Wait for a more knowledgeable opinion, but I am relying on CO2 to allow the higher temps.

"Some growers add C02 to their grow rooms to increase growth rate. This has proved itself to be effective in many experiments. C02 supplementation also helps the plants withstand higher temperatures of up to 95 degrees without slowing down growth. There have been complaints however, that C02 supplementation during flowering reduces potency. Therefore, C02 should be stopped when the lights are turned to 12/12."

:goodjob:

Tremendous grow room! Love the look of the BK!

About temps, my understanding was the plants only absorb/utilise CO2 when above 90f, below that no need for CO2 but above 90f, no biggy with added CO2.

Wait for a more knowledgeable opinion, but I am relying on CO2 to allow the higher temps.

:goodjob:

Hey Ajagunel,
Thanks for stopping by. Is your room sealed? How is your co2 system set up?

Hey Ajagunel,
Thanks for stopping by. Is your room sealed? How is your co2 system set up?

You must have been typing whilst I was editing.

I am still working on sealing the garden and the co2 is yeast and 2lb of sugar in a fermenting jar, fan blows over the top of the airlock onto the canopy, not very scientific but about 100l of co2 every fortnight.

Scratch what I said about not absorbing co2 at low temps, but it does seem to allow higher temps.

:thumb:

The BK's Buds are getting fatter. I am thinking that she will be ready in about 20 more days, the girls in veg are growing like crazy! I tied down most of the branches to get better light penetration and even out the cannapy, this picture does not show the training and I will get more pics of the veggin plants LST job up in a couple of days, I am planning on taking clones next week off the the CKM, and the S.D. and then when I harvest the BK I will flip all the plants I have in veg, and I will be going Hydro with the clones, I might keep one or two in soil if I have the room. anyways heres some pics!:peace:

BK_36th_Day_Flowe_3r.jpg
BK_36th_Day_Flower.jpg
CKM_SD_D_.jpg

Hey lookin good there TG!!!:)
Majik seeing them nug s turnin frosty and gettin phat as! Do ya have a decent m/scope? Id go for about 10% amber, but its up to you how u like ur smoke..
But yeah you should get some nice weed from them pal:):) AWSUM LOOKIN BUDS:goodjob:
Leave em be as long as you can, they may go thru another small floral burst unless theyre fairly close so just keep an eye on some fresh growth with white pistils.. NIce one, wish i had some of dat dry in my bowl atm!!!
Later TG, Be good... Or good at it! Smokem..

Hey Smokem, thanks for stopping by. I have a small hand held scope that gos up to 50x, I also have a USB scope that supposedly goes up to 400x haven't been able to get it to focus good enough though, what kind of scope are you using? I have a hard time holding the thing sti enough without actually touching! And because the buds are becoming heavy I'm afraid of getting that close with the scope, any suggestions on this are welcome as usual.

No worries buddy! I have a 45x scope, dont worry about touching your buds, just be careful with them, they should be fine.. Try not to compress em, but if ya get one of the fatter buds it should handle it fine. Try look at some calyxes or the small trich covered leaves..
That should give you a good look at how they re coming along, some will look crystal clear while others are a cloudier color, they go from, clear,cloudy to amber.. Dont use ur scope under ur MH try a normal light just before your HID comes on, or just after it goes out..
Later mate, hope this helps sum?? Smokem..

No worries buddy! I have a 45x scope, dont worry about touching your buds, just be careful with them, they should be fine.. Try not to compress em, but if ya get one of the fatter buds it should handle it fine. Try look at some calyxes or the small trich covered leaves..
That should give you a good look at how they re coming along, some will look crystal clear while others are a cloudier color, they go from, clear,cloudy to amber.. Dont use ur scope under ur MH try a normal light just before your HID comes on, or just after it goes out..
Later mate, hope this helps sum?? Smokem..
That's some great info. Thanks! I was looking at them under the HPS. The scopes I have both have LEDs. The one has a blue led, kinda like a black light. Can I use it a couple minutes after the lights go out then? I was worried that this might cause it to hermie.

Yea mate, one LED is a white light and the other is a UV light, for looking at bank notes i was informed!! That should be perfect as it sounds same as mine.. And i just noticed ur using a tent, soz, you can get stick on cup hooks cheap as hell but you may have to add some gaff tape across the C/hook, just to help it stay attached to the tent. And then attach the rubber wire or string to what stems need support. ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE A HEAVY COLA:) OR LOTS OF EM!! All the best matey, Smokem.

yes couple mins wont do any harm as long as u dont keep letting light in regularly

Thanks cultivator, and Smokem! My plant is swelling like crazy, the problem is I'm out of town for a couple and the ole lady is sending me pics and checking up on my girls. I'm deffinately going to have to do something to support the main cola it's leaning more today than two days ago!

Back
Top Bottom