Th34v4t4r's Soil Sensi Skunk 1st Grow 1st Journal

Th34v4t4r

Hey guys, so this is my first journal and first grow. I've had a few problem already as I've posted about and I've been advised to make a journal so here we go....

Grow room:

60x120x150 tent, 1x viperspectra 300w led, 2x omega 300w 2700k red spectrum cfl, 2x 6" RAM clip fans, carbon filter + 6inch extractor fan.

Medium:
Gernination Root riot cubes,
Veg. Canna terra pro plus soil.
20l blackpot

Nutes:
Vitalink plant start 8ml per litre for first 2 weeks,
Mother pukka mother earth A+B 3ml per litre,
Ph down.
C02 slow release bag

I think the deficiancies were due to a low ph. I gave regular tap water at p.h of 6.8 and the run off came out 6.05.. I think I've locked out the lower end of things... phosphorus, molydunem, calcium and magnesium.

I've spent 2hrs with regular 6.8 tap water and then a final dose of tap water with nute with a ph of 7.2 and finally my run off read 6.25 - 6.3 .. next few watering will be regular water feeds to see how my oh reads.

Last time the soil took approx a week to dry out so I'll not be touching them for a while now.

I am looking to go dwc and transplant these two but money is a factor and right now I just want them to grow fine lol. Thanks for reading. Any and all input welcome.

No no.. she's straight from seed.

When she was about a month old she was doing well. I noticed abit of the leaves being munched down on, I bolted to the shop and got Bayer bug free and sprayed my babies I had 2 at the time...

Next day they looked dead so I ran upstairs and flushed them, not reading about ph. I hit the forums and Google and the next day ran out for a soil ph stick and a ph pen.. checked my range and it was off so I flushed again with ph correcting this time... a bit more Google a thought fuck...

I potted straight from root cube to 10l and may have possibly had a moist soil 90% of the seedling period. I started to suspect root rot and other things at this point and decided I'd leave it to do it's thing. Leaves died on one and the other plant went brown and I thought fuck it. Her fight is over.

The one I was left with was still kicking out green but the older leaves Browning and discolouring, growth slowed even more and after a week of not much happening I thought. Germinate your last seed lad, by the time she's vegging the old girl might have recovered and you can bang them along side one another.

I chopped all the dead off and the wasted branches with no leaves left and only left the green bits in the end. She was putting out agressivly but the foliage just wasn't and still isn't growing in size.

It's getting bushier but not bigger.

Here I am 3 week later realizing my ph is to low and I've locked everything out.

I'll try and find photos but to be honest I've mainly got vids of the early life and my face is in the vids so not comfortable putting that on here lol but I'll find photos of what I have

Also you might notice that in suffering heat stress when I have all 3 lights on...

The led on its own is fine but soon as a cfl goes on the leaves curl. All fans are running and air being drawn out.

I'm concerned that when I drop my lights, (as others have stated their in the corner wasting energy), the stress will be even greater. How can I reduce the stress of heat from the cfls??

You didn't say the design of the exhaust fan, is it a centrifugal inline fan like the picture below? If it's one with the fan blades in a tube, it may not be pulling enough air. Also, you need to know the temps in the tent. When you start getting above 86 deg F, they don't like it very long. They can adapt to it after they get healthy, but it's a lot while they are recovering.

Tap water at a minimum should be allowed to sit for 24 hours (open container) before using it on a plant in soil. That will allow the chlorine to get out before going on the plant. Also, your water may have chloramine in it. That can't be removed with just a 24 hour time period. It must be filtered out with something like an RO Buddie (amazon). There are other ways to do that as well. Using distilled water is one way, but that is money.

You may want to give the plants a break from the number of lights until they recover some. They don't need as much in veg as they will in flower.

Basically, you are just trying to give them what they seem to respond to at this stage. Bushy is not bad at this stage, she may not ever get extremely tall due to the way she is growing. That doesn't mean she won't produce necessarily.

I agree, no videos with your face if you are not in a legal state. Even if you are, I'm leery of putting my likeness on youtube with our current government.

Looks like you have had some bad luck, and we need to slow down (yeah I know....) and look at what the plant wants.

I think the main thing to do is reduce the heat, and not use the CFLs if the plants are not liking them. Your LED may be too close for their state of recovery.

Now, with all of that. Remember, I'm just as new as you are. I did this 20 years ago once and didn't finish. I'm learning this truly for the first time.

Also, you didn't say what kind of seed you are using. It's not real important, but the other guys will ask, when they get around to your thread.

Ahh yes my seed is sensi skunk from sensiseeds. Com 80% Indica. I thought I did mention it my bad.

My fan is a plastic crap one and it's blade is inside the tube. I can feel it sucking on my carbon filter.

I thought the leds could get real close like cfl. I may distance it a little more from the plant today.

I had right bad luck at the start. Before I went with canna terra soil I was using a home depot own brand. It was co prides of sand and stone. When the dead hit it it's shrivel up and die.. I went through 8 seeds before I knew it was the soil and had to change it...

Thank you for you input bonsai it's been most appriciated...

I'm going to have a doob and check on the girl in an hour when the last cone back on

View album 16761
This is the app I've used to monitor things the ec value and p.his set for hydro by accident so ignore it lol.

It says 15 days left and is be ready to flower. This would be true if it want so stumped lmao

That is the same fan I got works great found mine in the scratch and dent section the flange was bent 1 minute with a body hammer good as new

Now sounds like your doing all the right things but be patient in soil seems to take longer to react I'm along for the ride but I'm bringing my helmet haha

View album 16761
This is the app I've used to monitor things the ec value and p.his set for hydro by accident so ignore it lol.

It says 15 days left and is be ready to flower. This would be true if it want so stumped lmao

LEDs do need to be backed off the plant some. If you look at the manufacturer site or where you purchase the light, you will find a par diagram (usually) or a ppfd diagram. Where ever it shows 500 par to be, you should be further than that distance in the beginning (about 2-4 inches further).

My light shows 24inches to be 525 par. I'm currently at 27 inches. I had to raise my lights because of light stress after transplanting last night (I had been at 24 inches). Watch your leaves, if they turn their jagged edge up (also called taco-ing) they are under light stress. Just raise the lights a few inches (3-6), and check after a couple of hours, and see if they look better. If you have a bloom switch, turn it off for now, then adjust after a few hours.

It will take a while for the plants to respond. Usually, about 3-4 days to see anything after a serious issue. Yours may take longer. They have a lot to heal from.

Just update us every day, and we will all go from there.

Funny, I'm great at giving advice, but I'm not so good at taking it. I guess it's my nature.

LEDs do need to be backed off the plant some. If you look at the manufacturer site or where you purchase the light, you will find a par diagram (usually) or a ppfd diagram. Where ever it shows 500 par to be, you should be further than that distance in the beginning (about 2-4 inches further).

My light shows 24inches to be 525 par. I'm currently at 27 inches. I had to raise my lights because of light stress after transplanting last night (I had been at 24 inches). Watch your leaves, if they turn their jagged edge up (also called taco-ing) they are under light stress. Just raise the lights a few inches (3-6), and check after a couple of hours, and see if they look better. If you have a bloom switch, turn it off for now, then adjust after a few hours.

It will take a while for the plants to respond. Usually, about 3-4 days to see anything after a serious issue. Yours may take longer. They have a lot to heal from.

Just update us every day, and we will all go from there.

Funny, I'm great at giving advice, but I'm not so good at taking it. I guess it's my nature.
a
Ffs bonsai I thought we could be friends for a second there... my light is at 16inchs so reap friends would have told me sooner to get it up past 24... in onit now lmao

That is the same fan I got works great found mine in the scratch and dent section the flange was bent 1 minute with a body hammer good as new

Now sounds like your doing all the right things but be patient in soil seems to take longer to react I'm along for the ride but I'm bringing my helmet haha

Welcome mate. Strap in for a bumpy ride. We have cotton wool to our right and bubble wrap on our left... choose your armour.

Sounds like you got a good deal with your viperspectra think I paid 80 English sterling pal. Might have been 100...

I'm going to have a check up on her now and do a little lst. Then raise the light because some ppl decided to withhold info on me so blame bonsai for the light being so low.. .

Ffs cfls high and leds to low. I better go back to bed now

Aye mother pukka read to be a hardy mother f**ker. I'll be sticking with all mother pukka mother earth range for this grow. Not buying the rest until I've got onto the B bottle though.

And as stated before helmet, wool and wrap up.. it's stormy out here

B? if your using the a&b range buddy you should be using both at the same time.

Im using there budwiser, if your growing with LED i would highly suggest using that as its got a high calcium % in its only 0.5ml per litre which a bottle lasts quite a while, iv used most of there range of products and cant knock them at all.

B? if your using the a&b range buddy you should be using both at the same time.

Im using there budwiser, if your growing with LED i would highly suggest using that as its got a high calcium % in its only 0.5ml per litre which a bottle lasts quite a while, iv used most of there range of products and cant knock them at all.

Dude don't say that. I thought A for veg and B was for bloom. Please don't tell me I'm a massive cock

Back
Top Bottom