Thai skunk haze whats wrong with my plant?

tippett

i posted a blog a while ago about the same plant trying to find out more information on it which i did not have no luck with, now these thai skunk haze seeds seem quite common as freebies and many growers are coming across them my advice would be to stay away ive enclosed several pictures showing my problems of leaf yellowing and curling slowly working its way down the larger fan leaves eventually falling off or lying among the buds, ive been flowering her now for about 4 months nearly and i lost half of her due to a brake in the main stem as she got to big, i think she has recoverd from it but there doesnt seem to be alot going on, the bottom branches are alot more bud like than the top of the plant and it is generally spindly and not really developing much bud growth, at first i thought it was naturall for some leaves to be falling off as it filled with buds but recently ive noticed the leaves are dying unaturally as there slowly losing colour more and more daily resulting in masses of dead leafs, im not to sure if i overfed my plants so i drained all water in my kit and have just had it running fresh water at the destined ph level of around six and a half ive give minor nutrients since as i thought i was then causing leaves to fall off as the plant was sucking all the last nutrients its stored in them please rescue me someone as shes cost me alot of money and time id be devistated to loose her now thanks for reading look forward to a reply the link is for my phot bucket which contains picture of her before she snapped resulting in me cutting her down in half i have pictures of what ive lost and what she looks like now

ive managed to upload that picture boss can you have alook at her for me any suggestions thanks alot tippett

how can i overwater in a constant recirculing system such as a nft if i turn my pump off my roots will dry out fast

I'm not a mod here anymore Joe. I'm support now which means I get to help and interact with the mods but don't have to work hard.lol

You can't over water in a constant recirc system like NFT unless your using the wrong medium and or damning is occuring. Another way to simulate over watering is for the resevoir temps to be too hot and for the DO (disolved oxygen) content to be too low. Regardless the only way to get "overwater symptoms" is to prevent the roots from breathing.
I need info like your room high and low temps, reservoir high and low and temps. Feeding schedual and anything else you can think of.
Personally I think your done with this one. 4 months of flowering is more than 16 weeks. I know of no strains that flower longer than that indoors. The plant is done with it's life cycle and is dieing. It's a natural process.
We can try and fight it and save it but IMO it might be a losing situation.

It's possible I guess boss. I can't say for sure. Something is making it lose it's leaves. I've had plants that way. But mine always did it from the bottom up. No matter how much nitrogen, epson salts or anything else I tried or threw at it (even flushing) helped. It had hardly any leaf left at harvest time. Every time it was a sativa dominate plant too. Mine was root bound which was part of it but NFT shouldn't be root bound. What system are you running again Tippet? Got any pics of your set up?

thanks for the help and info joe and thanks for passing on racefan to me as i think he will be able to solve or at least control the problem with enougth information, i took another four branches of her last night im drying it out to smoke even though it has not been flushed its the second chop shes had but i think they were both for the best, i dont think the plant has quite had it yet as most of the buds on the branches that were close to the main stem are thick and nicely developing fat crystalized buds, along with alot of the bottom brances, i think the leaves i am loosing is not as fatal as i first thought i still have the problem with them falling off still and dieing but there mainly the ones with no thc atall and are the ones which are in amongst the buds, ill upload some more pictures for you later and as much information i can on my growing methods and conditions itll be about 3 hours when my light goes on, many thanks again joe and thanks alot racefan ill upload them pics asap

I'll wait for the pics I guess but you could explain exactly what type of set up your growing in. Is it NFT? Is it homemade? Maybe a rain gutter set up? NFT is a great set up provided you have it dialed in.
And 4 months flowering is about 120 days. Nevilles haze has a indoor flowering time of 110 days. If your not over extending your flowering cycle your close to being done. Some pure sativas never go through the ripening process on the top buds and the lower buds should be used to determine ripeness. The top buds just keep kicking out new crisp white hairs as long as they keep getting light. The downside to this is you get a over ripe plant with a narcotic couchlock high instead of a plant with a trippy up high. Taste can be affected as well. If I were you I would be looking at the trichs of some of the lower buds about mid way down the plant. Just a suggestion.

my grow kit is the nft 424 gro tank which i purchased brand new with pump etc, the humidity in the room is about 60 % the night time temperature lowest was about 22 normally averages about 24 and the day time temperature is 26 and necer realy rises above this. i no exactly what you mean about it not ripening on the top of the plant and how it develops so many white pistils which never seem to change unlike the bottom branches and the beggining of the lateral branches which are coverd in buds rather than flowers like some of the plant, do you think i should raise the night time hours and drop the day hours by one or two hours gradually over the next week to try and convince it that the fall is near and time to get on with it, im gonna feed it one more time proboblly in a day or two and i think ill leave it for another one or two weeks whilst im slowly drooping the daylight hours down then ill probolly just start to flush her, although i will look at the tricromes first ill borrow a friends microscope and ill observe them closely i think i want them to be a milky white for the mellow hit or the slightly darker colour for the couch lock right? ill upload some proper pics in the morning ill take some close ups of several different branches so you can clearly see it for yourself, but i did remove alot of the top of the plant yesterday as it wasnt really doing much it seems to have helped her abit besides they were just leaves and pistills basiccally anyway, and this is not nevilles haze its thai skunk haze and the flowering time is unknown unless you no, thanks tippett

I used the neville haze only for flowering time reference. I've never grown the strain you have right there. I've grown haze, skunk and thai (but never the 3 mixed together) Check out the trichs before you feed her again if possible. That way you make sure your not already ready for harvest with a plant full of nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom