Thai Stick

What strains are they?
(3) Thai Stick regular seeds
(1) Critical Jack feminized seed

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Sativa; hybrid.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Started seeds germinating today at 9:00 A.M.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 1 gallon at first, then I'll transplant to 2 or 3 gallon pots.

Size of lights?
-Seedling: 96 watt Fluorescent T5 fixture (4 two-foot bulbs; 24 watts each).
-Veg: 250 Watt Agrosun w/Lumatek digital ballast
- Flowering: 400 watt Eye-Hortilux HPS w/switchable Lumatek ballast, or 600 watt Eye-Hortilux HPS w/dimmable Phantom ballast.

Is it aircooled? Flowering unit - 8" inline fan with air cooled reflector.

Temp of Room/cab? around 81.5 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 42%.

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? Gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water and feed alternately 2 times a week.

Type and strength of ferts used? Organic, but specifics are to be determined.

I put the Critical Jack fem seed in because it's an older seed, it's supposedly hard to grow (I'm stubborn like that), and in the event all 3 Thai Stick seeds are male, this grow won't be a total loss. I'll post a pic when they pop the soil! :)

A couple of shots of my Thai Stick
IMG_135021.JPG
IMG_1382_labeled.jpg

Moocho thankos for the pics, Big Budha :) I wanted to make sure that these weren't a thin leafed Haze; I would have run them at 9/15 in flower. I'm still going to do a short veg with short hours, but I'll probably up the light to 10/14 with flowering. I worry about hermies with these Asian genetics too.

I read an article where a guy ran his close to the light schedule in Thailand to keep his plants from going hermie. I'm starting my spring grow soon but I will be growing for my wife's Chrons I'll be growing some OG Kush, GDP, and Blue Dream. In four months I'll be trying to grow some Thai Stick (seeds are from Ace). I look forward to your grow and whish you all the best:peace::passitleft::nomo::bong:

Ohhhh yeah! :yahoo:

Can't be any worse than OTH, eh? :laughtwo:

Hey welcome again Graytail :) Here's the breeders info on these:

Critical Jack cannabis seeds by Dinafem belong to a Sativa-dominant feminized cannabis strain obtained by crossing a Critical + and a Jack Herer, which gave us a top-quality hybrid aimed at connoisseurs.

This outstanding genetics boasts incredible potential, fully satisfying experienced growers and beginners alike. It grows into a wonderful, fast-flowering, easy-to-grow, vigorous, medium-sized/big marijuana plant that yields large compact buds brimming with resin. It shows good resistance to moisture and pests.

Critical Jack cannabis seed grows well indoors, particularly in SCROG, provided you monitor its size. Outdoors, it performs best in a temperate/Mediterranean climate or in a greenhouse. It is a well rounded marijuana plant that truly deserves a place in every garden.

The flavour and aroma are intense, with clear notes of citrus fruit, incense, exotic wood and spices. The effect is long-lasting and rather cerebral. It is the perfect cannabis strain to have lively debates with your friends.

Characteristics of Critical Jack cannabis seeds

Suitable for indoors and outdoors
Sex: feminized
Genotype: 60% Sativa/40% Indica
Cross: Critical+ x Jack Herer
Indoor flowering period: 60 days
Outdoor harvest time: late September/mid-October
Indoor yield: 625 g/m2
Outdoor yield: 1200 g/plant
Outdoor height: up to 3 m
THC: high
CBD: medium

Thai Stick cannabis seeds by Ace Seeds - Thai Stick was one of the most famous Thai sativas imported into North America during the 70s and the 80s. These imported powerful and appreciated sativa flowers came from Thailand compactly packed in small stems of cannabis. Such was the potency of those Thai Sticks that smokers believed that they were bathed in hashish or opium. We exclusively offer you this much loved sativa that has been practically extinct in the usual cannabis-growers environment over the last decades. The seeds come directly from thai growers.

LANDRACE STRAIN
100 % SATIVA
FLOWERING INDOORS: 16-18 WEEKS.
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: DECEMBER
YIELD/M2: MEDIUM
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITE: MEDIUM
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: MEDIUM
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: VERY HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: MEDIUM

My brain just flashed back to about 1976 when we would get Thai stick (about 1/8oz for $20US) that was a STEEP price back then. "Dude" always told us it was dipped in opium. I didn't believe that, but that weed is still in my top 5 best smoke ever in my life. Genetics have come a long way as more breeders get smarter, but if this Thai is like what we had back then then I want some beans!

Definitely in for this ride! Can't wait to see what you get!

Keep'em Green!

~GG

Those pics of Thai Stick were kinda startling - so compact and fat-leaved :straightface: - so I did a lil research.

To start, here's another description from OSS:

Thai Stick Seeds from Ace Seeds

Call these beautiful weed seeds Thai seeds or Thai Stick seeds. The name really doesn’t matter when the cannabis is this good. Probably the most popular Asian Sativa here at Original Sensible Seeds, these landrace genetics have been brought over directly from the original Thai growers to provide an authenticity that cannot be beaten. And the result is incredible pure sativa strength that is always going to hit the spot.

As a parent, she has created many well-known and highly valuable hybrids. But try her in this original form and you many never smoke another strain of weed again. Incredible earthy flavour, with top notes of juicy, citrus fruit give way to the most powerful, but still comfortable effect.

She is energizing, she is happy and completely creative whilst keeping your mind clear and thoroughly satisfied. As stress relief, she is the weed of choice for many, but her strength also gives her the ability to combat pain, muscle spasms and loss of appetite.

Yes, 16-18 weeks is a long time to wait for even a sativa to flower. And you need to know what you are doing to achieve maximum yields. But when the result is skunk of this quality, do whatever it takes to get this little lady growing.

And last summer dubi had this to say ...

It was indeed Gypsy's Thai Stick released also by ACE Seeds around 2012, to make the line more widespread through our retailers, the same for the laotian luang prabang. Both strains are still available at SeedBoutique/Seedbay.

And Gypsy's Thai Stick looks like this:

user13639_pic823481_1327202161.jpg

:Namaste:

Thais, and Stick of course, really interest me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I ran across this info about DJ and his Thai lines and I hope you don't mind if I dump it here.

Part quote from DJ Short: "I used three P1 strains to breed Blueberry, Flo and others. They were the Highland Thai (also called Juicy Fruit Thai, a first-generation Thai seed grown in the Pacific Northwest); a cross called Purple Thai which was a first generation land-race Chocolate Thai crossed once with a first generation land-race Highland Oaxaca Gold; and an Afghani Indica which came to me one generation removed from Afghanistan via the California/Southern Oregon growing community.

The finished product from the Highland Thai was an all-around champion herb. Though difficult to trim and cure, the outcome was fully worth the effort. It was a powerful, long-lasting and exquisitely flavoured herb with little or no ceiling. The high could last up to seven hours! The flavour, aroma and taste were a totally sweet tropical punch – tutti-fruity all the way.

The Purple Thai was the other sativa in my repertoire. This was a first generation cross between the Highland Oaxaca Gold and the Chocolate Thai. This cross grew medium/tall and was very symmetric in structure. The side branches were shorter and, if left alone (untopped) the main stalk (meristem) remained the dominant shoot.

The entire plant of the Purple Thai was very dark-coloured and would express a deep royal purple colour at the slightest exposure to cold. It did not exhibit any of the spindly bud syndrome of the Juicy Fruit Thai, and the finished buds were a medium and compact sativa type. The finished product was equally as fruity and strong as the Juicy Fruit, also without ceiling.

For whatever aesthetic reason, I preferred the Purple Thai to the Juicy Fruit Highland Thai. I believe that the Purple Thai was emotionally kinder or gentler than the Juicy Fruit. At larger doses the Juicy Fruit could evoke quite a terror, especially when combined with psychedelics. Though no less potent, the Purple Thai seemed easier to handle, including when tripping. The Purple Thai was one of the first to show resin gland production in the early bud cycle, at roughly three to four weeks into the cycle. It also matured at 10 to 12 weeks indoor, and early to mid November outdoors."

Dump away Graytail, the more info I have the better. I wish I knew what the light schedule in Thailand was I'd try that. I'm going to start these under 18/6 for just a few weeks under four 2' long T5s, then when my Ak47 plants go under the 600 watt HPS I'll put them under a 200 watt blue spectrum CFL @ 13/11. I'm hoping to put them under that same 600 watt HPS later and go to 10/14 to speed that flowering period up some man that last Old Timers Haze damn 24 weeks was too much plus it looked like a hula skirt in a hurricane by the time it was done. :(

I hope you don't mind having me tag along ,, we also had some great Thai sticks around in the early 80,s same sort of time a cronic it was the only time I ever got to try it and I loved it from what I remember :thumb: they nicknamed it laughing gas,,grow on PC:circle-of-love:

Dump away Graytail, the more info I have the better. I wish I knew what the light schedule in Thailand was I'd try that. I'm going to start these under 18/6 for just a few weeks under four 2' long T5s, then when my Ak47 plants go under the 600 watt HPS I'll put them under a 200 watt blue spectrum CFL @ 13/11. I'm hoping to put them under that same 600 watt HPS later and go to 10/14 to speed that flowering period up some man that last Old Timers Haze damn 24 weeks was too much plus it looked like a hula skirt in a hurricane by the time it was done. :(
Chimp Thailand is 15 degrees north latitude so the light schedule is pretty much 12/12 hope this helps some

Anything that runs more than 12 weeks flowering gives me the heebie jeebies to run @ 12/12. If I see thin leaves, I'm gonna go at least 10/14 (probably 9/15). If they look like the plants Graytail posted, I'll run them at 11/13. Oh, at last check the Critical Jack seed has a tail and 2 of the 3 Thai Stick seeds do too. The third Thai Stick seed is just starting to crack and it's white inside. :thumb:

The strains I've grown from Ace Seeds seem to have a good female to male ratio (I got 8 females out of 10 seeds in my Golden Tiger grow). I expect to get 2 females, but I've planted 3 seeds and got all males before (I just did that with my first Chem breeding project seeds, as a matter of fact). If I get all males this time I'm going to have to look into how to collect and store pollen. I have gibberellic acid here, so I could try to force a hormonal change on one in hopes it will turn female, but I've never done it before. Maybe I'll take me a cutting early and get seeds if I get a good male and female.
Two of the three Thai Stick seeds had a 1/4" long tail this morning and are planted in a 6" plastic pot using SSM#4 Advanced. The Critical Jack had a longer tail and was planted also. The last seed has a gap but no tail yet.

Back
Top Bottom