Thai Stick

Thai Stick:

0081607.JPG

It's slow flowering:

0091429.JPG

It looks a bit scary in the pic. How tall is it now? How tall is it allowed to get?
I've been wondering how your 'cutting in a tube' experiment went PC? Did you update that somewhere, or -could you update it on my journal? Thanks. :thumb:

Yeah looks a little scary to me too the last time I saw something like this it took up the whole grow tent by the time it was done. It's on top of three 4" tall cans, and the lens of the light reflector is still more than 2' away so I should be cool for now. I may have to bend it over soon and get it going sideways, though. I'll do a light supercrop on the main stem, but it don't like gettin' messed with much.
That cutting looks the same as it did; no new growth yet. I was going to wait until I saw some new growth to take a pic (if it makes it). There's no wilt or browning, so I think it will. I'll try to get time today to take a pic of it when the lights come on.

Here's that cutting-in-a-tube:

0022510.JPG

Once it starts growing well enough to take a pic I'll post another pic and since I think it's stable, consider growing it out (the donor plant turned out to be a male) and pollinating a branch of this Thai Stick plant with the pollen for my first strain cross. :)

i should have asked, "what breeders, and what streins", are close to a real thai? i mean, i see some that have those genetics, but, is the real one, still out there? or if not, what has been a plant with good, tasty results? i know there are some that try to breed down the heights, flowering time, etc. but, are they really even close, at this point? i have been aware of ceres, "fruity thai", but have never smoked any. or know of anyone, who grew it out. chime in. then, i see "thai 76" (oddly, the year i graduated). i appreciate all the replys on this. when i first started this hobby, i got some "thai skunk" seeds, from i think ams. some did not sprout. i ended up with two nice beautiful males. huge center stalks, grew like sunflowers. about 4 ft tall. my luck at the time, to not get a gal.

See what I mean about the clumped pollen (GDP x Thai Stick)? Hope some of it took:

013946.JPG

The top of the plant (I've been giving it half strength feedings; I need to give it a grow feeding for N):

0022522.JPG

Here's the Thai Stick plant (I've been doing half strength feedings on it too). I might not be able to avoid topping this one; supercropping it and bending it isn't going to keep the height down enough and it's just started to stretch:

0012587.JPG

Here's a side branch and it's typical of how far along the plant is (not very):

014863.JPG

That is slow flowering. I'm glad I put mine into flowering in the scrog a little bit earlier than 'normal'- though from the looks of it I'm going to be doing so much weaving it will be a willow basket by the time I'm done. If it's female...

i can see now, why breeders incorporate a bit of indica in the thai. to conrol this insane grouth. most of us, including me, dont have ceilings that high. lol. my room is 7' max, and lights top out at six ft. i have never done any tieing down, or screens, or anything fancy. I have, tho, continued looking for a strain, that may work for me. One of my usual banks, nirvana, has a "full moon". sounds like a plant that is tameable, while still having alot of thai genetics. i have read good reports on it. anyway. with no where to get rid of my overage, i will be shutting down my hobby after another cycle. if i start back up, i wanted to try something like thai. thanks for the pics, and info. i probably cant smoke thia anyways, its racy effects , might trip my afib. (svt's). 225 bpm, is a bit fast, for this old guy. lol. then i have to go in and get zapped. not fun.

I'm still on the fence about topping it, but here it is. That Stick:

0032430.JPG

I fed it full strength nutes last night (GO's lineup); here's a look at how far along it is (I should have said how far along it isn't, but keep in mind I've lived in America all my life and still ask people how much they pay when I should be asking them how little they pay instead):

0042276.JPG

I've got quite a few GDP x Thai Stick seeds to work with, so if the pollen didn't take I'll just try to grow another one and find a pheno that's got more Thai Stick in it:

0022529.JPG

Here's that whole plant (GDP x Thai Stick):

0012595.JPG

Thai Stick (the full strength feeding hurt it some):

0012609.JPG

I don't have a choice as far as topping it goes; I just need to do it. Here's one of the lower branches:

0022539.JPG

GDP x Thai Stick:

0032438.JPG

Everything I've ever grown that has that look doesn't have a hair on its a$$ when it comes down to the buzz from it. It doesn't look like the clumped pollen took either:

0042282.JPG

Thanks I do get a lot going at one time I'm getting ready to start my LA Affie grow too :)
I topped that Thai Stick plant last night about 5-6 nodes down from the top; it should come out looking like that Zamal Reunion plant I have going on now, even though I doubt it's gonna get anywhere near as fat.

I'll get closer pics up of the buds soon; it's starting to fill out some (topped area of Thai Stick plant):

0081630.JPG

That ugly GDP x Thai Stick:

0091450.JPG
0101333.JPG

Everything that male GDP pollinated looks Big Bud dominant when it flowers. Everything that I S1'ed from the clone I have looks Purple Urkel dominant. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom