Thai Stick

The looks aren't so good now; I think it's getting to its end even though there's not much browning of the hairs yet. It isn't growing any at all, and the stems are starting to get yellow. I'll try to get a pic of that ugly a$$ tied to a stick eyesore up tonight! ;)

See what I mean? Even though it's probably less than 50/50 on the brown hairs, it looks like 2-3 weeks to me (Thai Stick):

0012686.JPG
0061955.JPG
0022605.JPG

..... And it shoots out some more hairs! :straightface:

0061961.JPG

It doesn't have bad size nugs, even though they'll dry up a lot:

0081671.JPG
0101367.JPG
0091487.JPG

Most of the branches look somewhat like this:

0071836.JPG

I'll get a full pic up when I chop it. That closet is too packed to get one now. A grouping of Thai Stick is going to be the second grow I do (redo, I should say) this Spring also. I know I can do better than this.

Thanks Jaga I'm amazed this thing survived it's taking up a lot of space too! :)

Hey brother I will never forget a grow you did a few years back when Fishy was around ??
That was how I found you inside a giant Ganja plant :thumb:

Hey brother I will never forget a grow you did a few years back when Fishy was around ??
That was how I found you inside a giant Ganja plant :thumb:

My Old Timers Haze Yeah I still remember fish cake hope he comes back around someday. :)

:bravo::bravo: Fascinated with the work you're doing with the Thai genetics :thumb::thumb:

Thanks I'm doing my next Thai Stick plants in organic soil this Spring. I'll feed them compost tea and see how that goes. I've got a few good Sativa grows planned for this Spring and Summer. Lao Sativa, Jack The Ripper, Vietnamese Mindfuck, and Dr. Grinspoon maybe? And I'm wanting to do Neville's Haze again too. :thumb:

Hi Chimp a couple of questions before you wrap this up What was your light schedule during veg and then during flower? and how long did you veg?

I tried to do no mercy because I was afraid it was going to get too big, but after 5 weeks of that (96 watts worth of t5s), I went to 24/0 (200 watt CFL) until 7 weeks and 6 days old, when I put it back under 11.5/12.5 (400 and 600 watt HPS) and it's been under that since. So a mixed-up almost 8 weeks of veg, then about 4 weeks of 400 watt bloom and the rest 600 watt bloom.

I saw the GDP X Thai, man you got it going on. Wish I had Thai genetics. I f*cks around with Sativa genetics but I can't authenticate the linage like I got genetics from Mexico and Jamaica, your Thai looks legit. Here in my area smoking some Sativa dominant puts you on the edge compared to the local genetics, its all Indica fast flowering you know money makers, Sativas I just can't get enough of the uplifting feeling.

Great work, can't wait to see where you will be taking these strains.

:allgood:

Definitely give DrGrinspoon a try. Mine was great! And the others I've seen here recently have been like a hybrid - very well behaved. It runs a little long but it's a breeze to grow, and the high evokes all sorts of memories, exactly what I expected from Oregon Purple Thai x Panama Red. This is a legit strain. :thumb:

Word? I would love to have some Thai gens around here.
No one that I know here smokes these strains, heck they hardly smoke Sativas... The market is ruled by Indica dominants and Autos, some really good smoke but when I pull out a Sativa and it makes them giggle, talk and burst with happiness they don't even know what hit them.

Oregon thai X Panama red = two of the finest and legendary

there is some landrace in that Oregon, the Oaxaca is some wild wild Mexican gens. Got any pics of the Oregon x Panama?

:passitleft:

Word? I would love to have some Thai gens around here.
No one that I know here smokes these strains, heck they hardly smoke Sativas... The market is ruled by Indica dominants and Autos, some really good smoke but when I pull out a Sativa and it makes them giggle, talk and burst with happiness they don't even know what hit them.

Oregon thai X Panama red = two of the finest and legendary

there is some landrace in that Oregon, the Oaxaca is some wild wild Mexican gens. Got any pics of the Oregon x Panama?

:passitleft:

I'll posts pics and a smoke report on my journal this week. I harvested a few weeks ago and I've been lazy about the report. :cheesygrinsmiley: I also wanted to give some time for perspective.

Yes, the genetics are legendary and that's what attracted me to the strain, even if it was a Barney's. I'd expect one of the less mainstream seed houses to be dabbling in such old lines. And my interpretation of the genes is that what we've seen on 420 lately is actually Senor Garcia. DrGrinspoon seems to be the funky pheno with the beads-on-a-stick habit. A 420 member, DrZiggy, grew out a White Widow with that same habit, so it's not specific to any particular genetic line.

But the important part is the high. :cheesygrinsmiley: I have an Ace Panama pheno with very dark coloration which feels very much like what I remember of Panama Red. There's a thick sensual feel to a Panama high. And I've had Tikal (Guatemalan) and some simple Mexican crosses, where I can feel the giggly munchie sort of high. In this strain, you can feel all three of them - Panama, Mexican, Thai. The Thai expresses as clear bright energy, giving a lift to what otherwise might be a stoney, introspective high. It's a great balance! :slide: I'm impressed with Barney's again. Utopia Haze (IBL Brazilian) is also theirs and it's a gem, too.

i took one of my five fem full moon, from nirvana, and its about ten inches tall now. my first plant of any thai genes i have tried. i read good reports on it. any exp?

the year i graduated high school. same here. we paid 20. for a stick. it was awsome. i currently have one small "full moon" from nirvana, that i am hoping turns out to be something.

Back
Top Bottom