ThaiSkunk CFL Closet Grow

ThaiSkunk

I'm using 2 110w 6500k CFLs and 4 40w 6500k CFLs.

Seeds where planted 8 aug.

They have been under 24 hours light until yesterday (17 aug) when I added a timer, now they are 18/6.

dpwRPkJ.gif
mZjba1S.gif
SW7ePje.gif

My light setup was really fucked up and unorganised so I went out and bought some supplies for $17 total and built this light fixture.
9stAJ4y.jpg

Inside are two huge 110w 6500k bulbs.
hAh1rTy.jpg

I wired the fan to an outlet but of course it burned up right away, stupid of me to think it would have worked with a little fan like that.
Any ideas how I can connect it?

With computer fans, I always grab my old cell phone chargers and find one with the same output watts and amps, and hook it up that way. Those computer fans aren't made to take a normal load of electricity as you found out.

Great idea! I wired my little fan up to a 4v mobile charger but the fan was already broken so I will try it again with a new fan tomorrow. Thanks!

Just make sure the amps on charger don't exceed the fans amp rating or it'll burn up just as fast. And with most people owning tons of old chargers you can always add more fans to the mix when heat builds up

Skunk Haze #2 and Critical #1 is doing great and look really healthy, Skunk Haze #1 isn't really doing the same thing as her sisters and look dried up.

PDGxfuv.gif
cTbXtEH.gif
gqfH75k.gif

No nutes yet and I have no idea what kind of soil it is, it is the only kind of soil you can buy where I live. It is packed in plain white plastic with no text.

Here is Skunk Haze #2 and Skunk Haze #1:
nVMRFaz.png

Bought a drying station for dishes, I hope it will work well as a humid chamber for my little seedlings.
kqrREOT.jpg

Bought a closet which I will make into a full grow cycle cabinet.
1cxejx3.png

Saran wrap over the pots would work too. Closet looks good, but eventually you'll want another. Growing becomes super addicting. I told myself when I started I would only do one plant at a time. I have 3 in flower and 4 or 5 in veg, and I still want more lol.

Bro, i am in thailand and couple time i tried with closet it just get too hot. Maybe you ve a better setup as i did ve.

However now i purchased AC now thing get a lots smoother.

Check out my Thread. Hot climate Grow.

Cheers

Awesome! I have a AC set on 25c in the room the closet is located in and a fan blowing in the air into the closet. But it isn't very efficent so I'm building a cabinet so I can create a better enviroment for my little babies. ;)

Saran wrap over the pots would work too. Closet looks good, but eventually you'll want another. Growing becomes super addicting. I told myself when I started I would only do one plant at a time. I have 3 in flower and 4 or 5 in veg, and I still want more lol.

So true. I was hooked on this hobby even before I planted my first plants, I'm sure that this will only be the first of many grows.

That first harvest will be the happiest and saddest day. Happy you get to harvest the fruit of your labor, and sad that now it's over. Then you'll start perpetual growing so you'll always have a veg and flower plant going. Longer vegging and training gets you closer to a pound, which I'm going for with my pineapple chunk. Hoping the three plants in flower give me half a pound

Skunk Haze #1 curled up and changed color alot tonight. Not sure if progress in the healing process or it is getting worse.
iC67Hsc.jpg

Bad news, one of the light bulbs were sitting lose and fell down on the seedlings. Critical was roasted to death but Skunk Haze #2 survived with just burned tops. The Critical was the only one that was feminised so I feel I have wasted 3 weeks as the last seedling may be male.

I installed all the eletrics and fans in the new grow closet. The temperature is always at 25c and lights are on 18/6.

uQjUHd7.jpg

eewrj0U.jpg

Back
Top Bottom