ThaiStick from the 70's

@CaptainLucky Yea, he did! He said it made him wonder why it was illegal. We played some Led Zeppelin and cranked up a strobe light for him. He was trippin for sure, lol!
I got my Pops high once he laughed with me for a little while and went to bed. Next day said it’s ok but not 4 him said he’d stick to his beer. Typical Irishman.

A few years before that, my ultra-conservative mom walked in on us a few minutes after we had finished a joint. She was going "What's that smell? That smells like Asthmador. What are you doing smoking Asthmador?" So we asked what is Asthmador? She proceeds to tell us her mother used it for an Asthma treatment... we told her we were burning patchouli incense, lol.

A few years before that, my ultra-conservative mom walked in on us a few minutes after we had finished a joint. She was going "What's that smell? That smells like Asthmador. What are you doing smoking Asthmador?" So we asked what is Asthmador? She proceeds to tell us her mother used it for an Asthma treatment... we told her we were burning patchouli incense, lol.
Reminds of when I was a little juvenile delinquent, me and some friends broke into a boxcar + it was loaded with Gallo Rhine wine 1/2 gallon bottles. Anyways we’re back @ my house and my friends gonna pour us some + hits the bottle on the edge of the table. Well it looked like a river of wine rolling off the table and on my kitchen carpet (it was the 70s people carpeted kitchens) so I freak throw em all out +now I got a hair dryer trying to dry the carpet b4 Mom comes home in a hr. I get it dry but now the smell. I sprayed about a half a can of Raid bug killer almost killed myself with fumes but no more wine smell. I open all the windows and have fans running she comes home I said we had ants and that I sprayed. She bitches me out about the smell but I got away with it.

Reminds of when I was a little juvenile delinquent, me and some friends broke into a boxcar + it was loaded with Gallo Rhine wine 1/2 gallon bottles. Anyways we’re back @ my house and my friends gonna pour us some + hits the bottle on the edge of the table. Well it looked like a river of wine rolling off the table and on my kitchen carpet (it was the 70s people carpeted kitchens) so I freak throw em all out +now I got a hair dryer trying to dry the carpet b4 Mom comes home in a hr. I get it dry but now the smell. I sprayed about a half a can of Raid bug killer almost killed myself with fumes but no more wine smell. I open all the windows and have fans running she comes home I said we had ants and that I sprayed. She bitches me out about the smell but I got away with it.
Had a friend pass out on MD20/20. A bottle of it spilled the carpet (tri-color green shag...remember? ) near his face. He had a red stain on his face for a few days.

Had a friend pass out on MD20/20. A bottle of it spilled the carpet (tri-color green shag...remember? ) near his face. He had a red stain on his face for a few days.
Oh God yes I remember Mad dog aka Snake juice that and Richard’s Wild Irish Rose. I remember puking my guts out. The joys of youth.

Literally read an article 5 mi s ago about Thai sticks and said wth is that? Came here searching to see how to make one and found a bunch of older stoners....my kind of place. I may try making one if anyone has any tips ha
Same here. I'll be making these for sure.
If ya read that article it says dipped in opium, I knew they were cause we were getting it from a bro’s older bro Vietnam vet who had R+R in Bangkok and said he made the connection.
A friend whom I just recently recontacted has some poppies growing. What a timing. Never tried smoking, drank some tea made from the seedcases? in my early 20's and threw up quite a lot.
:goodjob:

A friend whom I just recently recontacted has some poppies growing. Never tried smoking, drank some tea made from the seedcases? in my early 20's and threw up quite a lot.

Heroin users throw up a lot too, have seen it many times. After they build up a tolerance; not so much.

j

Heroin users throw up a lot too, have seen it many times. After they build up a tolerance; not so much.

j
so while in thailand, 1975, we were closing down and getting out. the 1st sgt put me in charge of the junkies. making sure that they made their appointments and the hospital. as i met the guys, very nice and mello because since they were already busted, they'd smoke the heroin when they felt liike it. they were all very skinny which explained why guys would go temporary duty to vietnam or thailand and come back very skinny. i thought it was speed...nope, heroin.

i'm a stoner, i never thought of doing heroin. one of the dudes offered me a pipeful and i hit it a couple time. i then threw up for maybe 10 minutes. i was dry heaving after 2. wow. it was my body saying why the fuck are you taking poison. a few months later, at a bud's insistence, i tried it again. it was, and still is, the best high i ever had. ever. like damn, it was beautiful. i got a little hooked as when i got to the states i felt like i had the flu for a few days. smoking heroin right out of the golden triangle and that wonderful thai weed was something else.

never got close to that high again. i was smoking smack just to feel normal. not big time junkie, just enough to enjoy the buzz.

uhh, the reality was, thai stick was not coated with opium. it was a rumor because people didn't believe that pot could get them so stoned. ergo, it must be cut or coated with something. the guy on leave who said that is was, was mistaken. opium was more expensive than heroin as the tourists loved it for a thrill and opium or heroin would get everybody put in prison. death penalty for selling it.

the thai cops did not fuck with dummies who used that stuff, death penalty for selling it. . cops didnt care about weed as it was a part of their culture, until the u.s. gubment forced them to go after us evil pot worshippers. .

thai weed was stunning. no opium, no heroin, just the best of the best. opium was so sticky, it would make the weed look like some dark sticky mess. but no, the sticks just had sativa goodness wrapped around them. no opium. it was and still is a rumor started by people who refused to believe weed could stone your tits off.

i was smoking smack just to feel normal. not big time junkie, just enough to enjoy the buzz.

I used to know quite a few functioning users that would take it recreationally. Of course, if you have some issues and no support from family, friends, etc. i.e. 'Rat Park' you can easily fall into addiction.

This clip will explain it better than I can but plenty of V. Vets were using and didn't continue upon return home to jobs and welcoming communities.

j

Same here. I'll be making these for sure.

A friend whom I just recently recontacted has some poppies growing. What a timing. Never tried smoking, drank some tea made from the seedcases? in my early 20's and threw up quite a lot.
:goodjob:
I did the same thing smoking opium though I was so high I didn’t seem to care. I could see how someone could get addicted to that crap I know I was glad it stopped coming around.

I did the same thing smoking opium though I was so high I didn’t seem to care. I could see how someone could get addicted to that crap I know I was glad it stopped coming around.
There's something that nobody has addressed. I enjoyed smoking opium for a while and know that putting an actual flame to it (like smoking it on weed) destroys much of the intoxicating properties of it. Thus the elaborate preparation you see in old photos of opium dens, customers and the attendants preparing pipes for them. A small ball in a glass pipe heated slowly was my fave way. Eating it got me constipated (TMI, I know) even though the high was good. So "opiated" weed (Thai stick , hash, etc.) is kind of a waste of time and drugs. It exists I guess but I've never seen/done it and am in agreement with sstressed that it was mostly just great cannabis.
Stay stoneder

There's something that nobody has addressed. I enjoyed smoking opium for a while and know that putting an actual flame to it (like smoking it on weed) destroys much of the intoxicating properties of it. Thus the elaborate preparation you see in old photos of opium dens, customers and the attendants preparing pipes for them. A small ball in a glass pipe heated slowly was my fave way. Eating it got me constipated (TMI, I know) even though the high was good. So "opiated" weed (Thai stick , hash, etc.) is kind of a waste of time and drugs. It exists I guess but I've never seen/done it and am in agreement with sstressed that it was mostly just great cannabis.
Stay stoneder
Maybe it was just good weed but sticky (hash oil?)IDK? Plus it was what 40 years ago? It really doesn’t matter one way or another cause like yesterday and my youth it’s gone and it’s not coming back.

Maybe it was just good weed but sticky (hash oil?) IDK? Plus it was what 40 years ago?

Yeah, I've heard stories of 'buddha' weed going around at the same time and many saying it was the best stuff they've ever had, describing it being sticky like honey.

j

The stick we got was dry, it wasn’t dipped in anything, i agree it seemed like it was because we had never had weed that strong.
it was so sticky when fresh, that we were having trouble rolling and smoking joints with it. i don't think i smoked more than a few joints all the time i was there. you couldn't cut it with big ass scissors as it just didn't work well. then our house girl , who would goof on us all the time and make us listen to thai music while she worked, grabbed a stick, unwound the larfy, delicate, thin bud, took a small butcher's cleaver and chopped up the weed like it was a garnish. worked great. it then became one of her new duties. sharpness was the key. or girl magic.

and thai music back then was terrible to our american/canadian ears. :)

Stay stoneder
I was got hooked up w/ some opium. Bought it in 1/4 lb sticks, like sticks of butter or large tootsie rolls. Stuff was kinda hard and tarry and smelled like flowers. It was during a weed drought in the early 90's and all you could find was railroad weed with orange worms in it. Smoking the weed didn't get you high but if you added a hunk of opium it produced a really mellow buzz.

I guess we didn't know how to prep / smoke it properly so I was never all that impressed with it. Got stuck with a 1/4 lb I couldn't get rid of so I ate some. Didn't really get me high but my shiite smelled like roses :D :D :D

I was got hooked up w/ some opium. Bought it in 1/4 lb sticks, like sticks of butter or large tootsie rolls. Stuff was kinda hard and tarry and smelled like flowers. It was during a weed drought in the early 90's and all you could find was railroad weed with orange worms in it. Smoking the weed didn't get you high but if you added a hunk of opium it produced a really mellow buzz.

I guess we didn't know how to prep / smoke it properly so I was never all that impressed with it. Got stuck with a 1/4 lb I couldn't get rid of so I ate some. Didn't really get me high but my shiite smelled like roses :D :D :D
You have to smoke it in a glass pipe but there also was a lot of bogus stuff going around. I remember reading in the paper it was wax +incense.

Back
Top Bottom