Thanks a lot for costing me more $!

Sanwan

:laughtwo:
All said in jest of course MR. Roseman, you and many others on here have my respect! Damn awesome articles you have been putting up as well.
BUT had I taken the time to read your DIY tutorial for a Deep Water Culture system I would have chosen that route instead of good ol' DWC. I don't think you had the tutorial up though when I started to plan for this project, NOW it seems to have showed up over the last week. Hmmm....where was that damn tutorial several days ago! lol
Anyhow, change of plans on setup. Switching over to full Deep Water Culture this evening, already went and got the supplies to convert over fully. Will be re-situating the plants as well, I know it will stress them but these are from bag seed and I am sure I will learn some more as I do it
So.:thanks: Roseman (my wife is like "yeh right!" lol), you are a wealth of information and seem like a truly genuine person.
Off to the workshop I go, will post results later in my lame journal I am attempting. :)
jawasan

I damn near dropped my pipe when I saw the title haha.

You will be very happy in the end by spending the extra $$ to go full Deep Water Culture. Don't worry bro your not the first one to spend more than you should have to get started lol, I know I did.

Might want to think about setting something for a nice strain too. I mention that because of the time frame involved, its nice to know you have some good stuff for sure. I agree though, practice makes perfect.

Good luck! Don't forget to vote for Roseman for member of the month!

I was hoping to get a few chuckles! lol
I think I will be happier too with the new setup.... Oh, the wifey already placed our vote for him! ;) (how could I not?!?!?)
PH, PPMs will be my weak point I can already see.... I get overwhelmed easily with numbers. Time to go study more.
(hope Roseman saw this! ha)
Jawasan

PH is simple...get a good digital meter is all I can say. It will cost you $70 or so but it is worth it. Get one with a one year warranty at least, there are some cheap ones out there. I know everyone is on a budget but, a digi PH meter is a must. An example of how I add nutes. My res holds 2 gallons. I mix one gallon with 4 out of the 5 parts of my nutes, then another gallon with the fifth part of the nutes (in one gallon water jugs). Pour them in my res and check PH then adjust accordingly.

As you will read don't "chase" the PH. It will rise during the first part of the grow until everything gets settled. Target PH is 5.8-6.2, this is the basic range. I have read 6.7 is fine for a high end, there is a chart on here somewhere that shows what a plant eats at a certain PH level...

I do not use a ppm meter yet. I like to tinker with things so I change my res often, every other day now that I'm in flower. This way I know ph and nutes are just right and my res stay clean.

Keep up the research, so much good stuff here on 420:rollit:

:peace:YD

Darn how to's are like forever long. Will have to use for reference point after i gather supplies. I tried responding to your pm roseman but i need more posts to do so. My grow closet is about 12 or 12 feet long and about 2-3 feet deep. Just started clearing out the space last night. My target date to start is april. Plenty time for planning :)

Darn how to's are like forever long. Will have to use for reference point after i gather supplies. I tried responding to your pm roseman but i need more posts to do so. My grow closet is about 12 or 12 feet long and about 2-3 feet deep. Just started clearing out the space last night. My target date to start is april. Plenty time for planning :)

I have no idea what part of the country you live in, BUT it is so much easier to do a grow in winter time, than in summer time. It is so much easier to bring heat to a cool room, than to bring COOL to a Hot room.
Your closet is the same size as mine.

How to: Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Not only is he an inventor, he is a comedian too! LOL

:) That's odd ya' say that Rose. Bloodshoteyes said something similar about being an "idea guy". Funny ya' guys would deduce that without knowing a bit of my background. And honestly nothing I have contributed even compares to the wealth of info on here from YOU guys! Hell, i tend to over complicate things and you all explain it just nicely.

Strangely enough I am always looking at things to improve upon them, or tear them down and see what's going on inside, or what would make this easier for my lazy a$$.
Taught myself by reading books how to do composite engineering cause i wanted to build some custom things for my vehicle, it was too expensive to hire a company and NO ONE wanted to tell ya' how to work with carbon fiber, like some industry secret or shit.... which led to me opening a company which tooled molds, prototypes, and ultimately finished carbon fiber products for race cars and show vehicles. Even stumbled upon a "reversed molding technique" that had never been done before that I made quite popular among the composite industry. A rough divorce took care of that company! See ya'!!
Later I started a couple other little ventures, nothing major, still broke as the next guy.

Couple years ago I got a patent for some little "do-hickey" plug thing I invented (seriously it was just a simple plug for that gapping hole on top of the iPhone where the head phones go) for the 1 generation iPhone.... THANKS Steve Jobs for making a damn second iPhone so quickly!!! Too slow Jawasan... so that fell thru. But hell, I got a patent anyhow! Wahoo!

But yeh, I am always pondering over stuff. Gotta' say this little DIY Odor control bucket is ingenious though. The creativity and ingenuity generated by stoners is unbelievable right? lol

lol..

your title threw me off.. I thought you were a troll

At the sake of looking ignorant I gotta' admit I do not know what a "troll" is in a forum setting. I can sure as hell guess it isn't good!!! And I hear about trolls over at the other site mentioned here.

Someone that just comes on the forums to bust peoples nuts? Talk trash about skill or tech? (my father says if i run my mouth long enough I will answer my own question!! lol)

I have no idea what part of the country you live in, BUT it is so much easier to do a grow in winter time, than in summer time. It is so much easier to bring heat to a cool room, than to bring COOL to a Hot room.
Your closet is the same size as mine.

How to: Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

I live in Mass, it is winter now so i am going to start around spring April and it wont be blazing hot by then but by the time that test first grow finishes it should be winter again. I was thinking of buying something like an air filter type dehumidifier or an AC that sits on the floor. Correction my closet is about 10-12 feet long 2-3 feet deep. Deep Water Culture is what i am looking forward to use, i was thinking phototron but then i found this site :bong:

I am a liar, just did measuring it is 4 x 4 x 8 5/12 LWH dimensions. I could increase my length by 4 feet but then i wont have a closet at all.

Back
Top Bottom