Thanks for having me

Resonance77

420 Member
Hey everyone. I'm new here. I do not partake these days, but used to heavily. I grew about 20+ years ago. I grew sea of green in soil. My veg area was lit with a 400W MH in my bedroom and I flowered under 1000W HPS in a walk in closet.

The reason I am here is that I live in Michigan. My adult son is putting together a grow. I think he has a grow journal started here. He lives next door to me and I have been helping out with it here and there. It has really sparked the old excitement I had when I was younger. It is awesome to be spending time with my son, working on such a fun project. We've spent hours talking about what we are going to do and how we are going to get it done. We are both closer to broke than rich, so budget has been a limiting factor. But we do have time and plenty of grow space, so we are slowly figuring out our long game. DIY and Macgyver engineering is kind of our thing. The boy takes after his old man that way.

We have decided to give hydro a go. I have never done a hydro grow. The internet didn't really exist the last time I grew, at least not the way it does now. I had a mentor and a copy of The Marijuana Growers Guide. I did alright for what I had to work with. It gave me a good understanding of the fundamentals. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions. I joined to hopefully have a place to ask dumb questions and not get bashed too badly. To start right in, is there a guide for sizing components in a hydro system that anyone can point me to? For example, I'm trying to figure out what size pump I am going to need for what volume of water reservoir in an RDWC (is there a formula that scales?) I have many more questions, but I haven't worn out google or the search function yet.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I will do as much homework as I can to try to limit the questions, but it is nice knowing that a resource such as this exists for when I get stuck and need advice. Hopefully someday I will have enough knowledge to be able to give back to the next guy in my shoes. Thanks and see ya around!

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I do not partake these days, but used to heavily. I grew about 20+ years ago. I grew sea of green in soil. My veg area was lit with a 400W MH in my bedroom and I flowered under 1000W HPS in a walk in closet.

The reason I am here is that I live in Michigan. My adult son is putting together a grow. I think he has a grow journal started here. He lives next door to me and I have been helping out with it here and there. It has really sparked the old excitement I had when I was younger. It is awesome to be spending time with my son, working on such a fun project. We've spent hours talking about what we are going to do and how we are going to get it done. We are both closer to broke than rich, so budget has been a limiting factor. But we do have time and plenty of grow space, so we are slowly figuring out our long game. DIY and Macgyver engineering is kind of our thing. The boy takes after his old man that way.

We have decided to give hydro a go. I have never done a hydro grow. The internet didn't really exist the last time I grew, at least not the way it does now. I had a mentor and a copy of The Marijuana Growers Guide. I did alright for what I had to work with. It gave me a good understanding of the fundamentals. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions. I joined to hopefully have a place to ask dumb questions and not get bashed too badly. To start right in, is there a guide for sizing components in a hydro system that anyone can point me to? For example, I'm trying to figure out what size pump I am going to need for what volume of water reservoir in an RDWC (is there a formula that scales?) I have many more questions, but I haven't worn out google or the search function yet.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I will do as much homework as I can to try to limit the questions, but it is nice knowing that a resource such as this exists for when I get stuck and need advice. Hopefully someday I will have enough knowledge to be able to give back to the next guy in my shoes. Thanks and see ya around!
Welcome, fellow southwest michigander here as well. Been active here on the forum for years now. Look forward to seeing any journals or questions or issues that may arise. Don't look forward to you having issues but we are here if you do. Welcome to

:420:

Tip of the Mitt here, surreal isn't it? Great to hear others using this new liberty to strengthen family bonds. My wife and young adult sons (still at home, I've made it way too easy) are getting a hoot out of the old man's new passion, and for me this was the final part of ending the weight of feeling like I had to hide a part of me from them over the years. Thanks Michigan! Cheers!

:welcome: Resonance77!

Fellow Michigander here as well! Glad to have you. You've found a great community of people with hundreds of years combined growing experience. I have received quite a bit of help already, as I'm on my first grow. I couldn't be happier. Try to set up a grow journal when you can. This help members find your grow, and helps to more quickly answer any questions you may have. Good luck to you!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom