ThatBoyDean's Coco Grow

Hi Qtl

Your late indeed but not for me to answer yr question.

Iv'e been growing in coco for a couple yrs and theres not much to it really, i usally buy pre buffered coco thats ready to use outta the bag because i can't be bothered with pre soaking and all that other stuff. The products i'm using are nothing special and bpn have equivalent in there nute range

Theres nothing specifically i'd suggest but i am using coco specific nutes and choose to after asking friends and doing research about coco before growing in it although i have seen many growers get great results without...

If you've growen plants in soil before i dont think you'll have much problem because the only thing i do differently when growing in coco is a few simple things.

1. Keep my Ph between 5.8 and 6

2. I never let the coco dry out and water when its lost roughly 50% of its weight.

3. Water till i get run off and discard.

Thanks. I wasn't suggesting using something other than bpn but along with it. Atm, I don't have a meter to check ph but I do have water mixed with calmag and vinegar to kinda keep the ph in check. I try not to let it dry out but what I have been noticing lately is that some pots are wetter than others when I have watered them all at the same time. Other times some are dry as hell. I didn't know anything about presoaking coco, when I got the bricks I added water and let sit for about 30 minutes. But I have heard some let sit overnight? Overall, I like coco better than soil, way less issues than what I had when I was using soil.

Miss B

Not much to it really, they do all the work i just feed them and provide a nice enviroment :riskybusiness:

QTL

Get a Ph meter!

If you'd like to improve plant health and yield i'd think about getting some kind of root stimulant and a pk booster... also get some proper Ph down because vinegar will not keep it stable for long.

Other than that keep some cal-mag close by although i've hardly needed to use it iv'e seen many who have had problems without, i like to give my plants a dose around days 14 and 35 of flower

Great grow, TBD. I'm diggin the Canna nutes. I'm currently using the A&b + rhizo. Do you find cannazym, boost, and pk help out a lot during flowering? The current strain I'm raising is from Mandala. On their website it says to try and avoid the pk boost type products, as their strains are "nutrient efficient". They have yet to show flowers, but your grow makes me interested in possibly getting the full Canna line-up.

Congrats on a successful harvest! Enjoy the fruits of your labor! :peace:

Great grow, TBD. I'm diggin the Canna nutes. I'm currently using the A&b + rhizo. Do you find cannazym, boost, and pk help out a lot during flowering? The current strain I'm raising is from Mandala. On their website it says to try and avoid the pk boost type products, as their strains are "nutrient efficient". They have yet to show flowers, but your grow makes me interested in possibly getting the full Canna line-up.

Congrats on a successful harvest! Enjoy the fruits of your labor! :peace:

Thanx for stopping by Live

Cannazym no benefit during flower and its job is to break down old roots, which is then made available for the plant to use in nute form. I use it once to twice a week when in late veg and during flower and stop using it the last two weeks of flowering

Pk 13/14 is really good if used at the right time, on a 9wk strain i add it at wks 4, 5 and 6.

Canna Boost Not really needed, if your enviroment is not dailed in i'd forget it.

p.s

I never growen from anything Mandala before.

Whew, nice looking harvest, TBD!

So I'm curious, how do you do your journals? You only posted this on the 16th, but I didn't notice that until now. I assume you just have it all saved and then post the start of the journal about the time you're almost done and ready to harvest?

What was your yield before drying? How about after (if they're done that is)?

Simple really, like u said. When i first posted i was on day 45 of flower I harvest two days ago so don't know the the yield yet, neither the wet weight because i don want to damage the buds while there still wet!

Looks like I'm late but those buds look delicious :thumb:

Thanx S4d

Reps if I can sweet buds:bravo::peace:

:riskybusiness:

Bubble hash

hi guys/girls

Just thought i'd share a lil pic of some bubble hash i made.

DSC085821.JPG

Cannazyme breaks down old roots into nute form, huh? Sounds awesome, I shall check it out. Thanks TBD.

That bubble hash looks tasty! :grinjoint:

Cannazyme breaks down old roots into nute form, huh? Sounds awesome, I shall check it out. Thanks TBD.

That bubble hash looks tasty! :grinjoint:

Im sure you'll like it if you get some

Lovely grow; thanks for showing it. :cheer:

know problem and thanx.

I'm supposing you used bubble bags to make that hash? If so what micron bag? Looks Dank!!!!

Yea bro i got a 4 bag kit, both the 73 and 25 micron bags give you some dank sticky bubble...

Update

Well the budz have been drying for 7 days but i started curing on the 5th because they were crisp on the outside, the weight before starting the cure was exactly 500g.

After 12hrs i took the buds out to air dry for another 12hrs. Before going back into the curing boxes they weighed 480g.

Today i repeated the above but with my dehumidifier on and the weight now is 460g.

Most of the water weight is gone now and stems are snapping. I'll continue to cure them with less time outta the boxes burping them once a day for a while till there evenly dry...

UKC
406g total
101.5g per plant
DSC087041.JPG

BC
55g
DSC086901.JPG

Back
Top Bottom