ThatOneGuyy's First Lemon Skunk Indoor Grow

very nice One....I am green with envy...lol...nah, not really, just want to have yours and others skills on here. i am confident i can grow, proved that with first grow but i want to gain the knowledge and experience to grow monsters like yours....Very nice indeed

come grow my plants would ya? lol!

How's it going One? You have now become my inspiration!!!! Why you say? Because I finally ordered some beans and Lemon Skunk is one of them and my goal is to grow one hopefully as beautiful as yours...Any helpful hints? I am gonna go back to the beginning of your journal and see what I can pick up as well...I also got Big Bang, know anything about that?Oh nvm, I'll just find the strains thread...lol...Wish me luck.

• GodSpeed

I am very Proud my friend! My girls turned out nicely and I am happy to say that this was my first grow ever. Lots of people fail their first time through. I was lucky that these came out as good as they did. :Namaste:

• 1970s Grower

Thanks for the Kind words 70sG! The motivation that you have given me throughout this grow definitely has helped a lot! All the suggestions and comments have definitely carried over into my next grow.:thanks:

• Blue Planet Nutrients

Thanks Buddy! I have to thank you for a wonderful product. It helped my girls put on some weigh for sure. The straight forward product that gets the results. That is what I look for as a consumer and anyone trying to start a business or improve and existing one can learn a lesson from you! :adore:

• QueenTokeLove

Hey Queen! You are quite the grower yourself! They truly came out better than I expected for sure. I still have a lot to learn and things I want to try but I thank :420: time and time again for bring a community of wonderful people together that help each other learn and become better growers.

I never thought I would Inspire anyone in that way and I am honored you see me that way.:thanks: so very much. A few things I can tell you is that the genetics are quite sporadic. I can't speak for the DNA or Green house seeds but the ones I grew seems to jump all over the place. I had some girls stretch like crazy and others stay real tight in node structure.

Topping a few times would definitely benefit this strain. Also(This may not apply pending on which bank you got them from) They are prone to eagle claw. Even if the Environment is perfect, you can have eagle clawing issue with no reason behind it.

The other strain I haven't even heard of honestly but sounds awesome. I look forward to seeing your Lemon Skunk progress whenever you start them! :Namaste:

• Milliwatt

Thanks man! They came out really nice for sure! They aren't the craziest in terms of trichome production but the smoke is definitely something special. I am waiting for a a week or so more for curing time to get a smoke report.

I also have another Journal going right now. It is fairly new so you don't have much to catch up with. I will take some time and catch up with your journal as well. I am always looking through journals to see what catches my eye so expect me there soon. :thumb:

• PoohBurrMedic

Haha Ok! As long as I get to smoke some of the end product I totally will! You are doing great with your grow my friend. Proving you don't need a million dollar setup to grow bomb bud. :thumb:

One--I didn't know it was your first grow, you did a helluva job. If I knew how to do the rep thing I certainly would rep you! It was kind of you to say that I am quite the grower. The first grow started out bumpy just like yours did. I made quite a few mistakes and I didn't have everything I needed when I started it. I still don't but I am upgrading things as much as I can afford to. Anyway, this isn't about me, its about you, Congrats...

thanks for the kind words tog, i wasnt feeling too good about my grow till i broke a top and said fuck it and smoked it, got stoned, now i feel better about this grow and im excited as fuck to see it fill out.

im ready to see your whole harvest and final weigh in buddy! HURRY UP! lol :peace:

Mini Update: Hey everyone, Thought I would pop in and give everyone an update on what has been going on. I was going to get a pic update up yesterday but nothing really changed and things just have been...well, Sub standard to say the least. I wont go into personal details but you know what things start falling apart and it sets in motion, like a Rube Goldberg machine? It's kinda like that. Anyways, enough of that onto the update.

My flowering clones are doing fine and are about ready. #1.1 is about two days away from being chopped. She is about 60% browning on the pistils.

As their mother showed me, the #2 clones are still behind but almost there. Calyxes are starting to swell and pistils are retracting. 10-20% pistil color change. Should be ready in a weeks time.

Since my Veg room was over crowded and all my plants needed a transplant. I decided to do that yesterday. I got all the plants I was going to toss into flower in January into 3Gal pots and my others are in 1gal pots(Will update everyone on my other journal later)

I switched my Flower room to the GLR cycle and I still have flowering girls.You may be saying "Well aren't your plants going to herm that way?" Well my reasoning is simple, Since I was crowded I needed to make a decision as to how I was going to work with plants still in flower and also keep my other girls that are now in 3Gal pots in veg with my limited space. My girls in flower are at the end of their lives for the most part. Since they are almost done herming at this point wont even be an issue. If i had the space I wouldn't have even done this but with my limitations I had no choice. Besides, the clones are going into my shake jar mainly and I'm only keeping the main tops as bud. The rest will be made into hash.

Harvest on all of the girls will be over the weekend. Hopefully that is enough time for my others to mature a bit more. Sorry for my lack of activity and I will try to get some responses in everyone's threads ASAP. I will get some pics today.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated. :lot-o-toke: ToG

Hey bro good to hear from you hope you have been keeping well, i would love to see a pic of the tricomes if you can get a macro?? You are going through my favourite phaze of growing i could almost stand there all day watching them pistils get eaten up, you know it means good things are around the corner!

Nice entrys in this months competitions good luck my friend.

:peace:

Pic Update:12/07/2011 Since I had a few ask I thought I'd get everyone some pics to stare at and touch on some subjects I forgot to earlier.

Here are a few Macro shots of #1.1. She is the closest to harvest and is pretty damn frosty if you ask me. She will get her final water today. I am going to flush and then top it off with a molasses feed.

IMG_164710.JPG
IMG_165310.JPG

As for my harvest haul of the mothers of my clones, I netted almost 4oz of bud from them. 3.75oz if you want to know exact(or closest rounding to the nearest .05) I was worried that I was gonna end up with some fluffy bud but a few weeks of curing really tightened it up. You can squeeze it and it isn't brittle but it is firm and very sticky. I got my hygrometers so you can see where my curing zone sits at throughout the day(Thanks Mr.Krip in pointing me in the right direction. Gotta rep ya for the help with that. You saved me a lot of money)I will get a smoke report once my cold goes away fully and i might wait a little longer. Just ordered a new bong and I will test it with that.

IMG_16556.JPG

My trim is a bit wet still so I am giving the jar a breather for a day and then I will close it up for the remainder of time( till my clones finish and I buy bubble bags) Gonna make some hash and I will let y'all know how that goes. I have some break time before things pick up and I wanna thank everyone for sticking around. I will try to get back into my usual routine bringing updates more often.

• GodSpeed
It is my favorite time as well and I have been keeping as well as possible given my current situation. I got sick over the weekend but that was just the icing on the cake. Anyways, I hope you like the shots, did them on request. :thumb:

• miwa

Since you also requested some shots I got them hope you enjoy. I will get some final pics of all the girls pre-harvest and will be updating then. Also a smoke report will be coming soon so stick around. :Namaste:

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated. :lot-o-toke: ToG

Nice Nice, impressed bro you have a natural gift for growing and your protography is very clean :thumb:

Massive harvest is what i like to hear i will be around for christmas for sure ;) best dam cookie jar iv ever seen!

Have you tried taking and pictures through your scope to get the maturity goodness?

Well the thing about my scope is that the viewing width is too small for my camera to get good shots. plus it is very affected by movement so it being stationary is a must. I am going to pick up a digital microscope soon and I will be able to take pictures of the trichomes by next year. Funds are tied up like always but I plan on getting it sometime soon.

CONGRATULATIONS, BROTHER!!! :party:

I always say that you're not "officially" a grower until you at least get your first harvest in, and you've done an absolutely stellar job of both the grow and the journal. :bravo:

The buds look fantastic! Nice & frosty! :yummy: And, I used to think my pics were pretty good, but now I have to struggle to try to keep up with you & Twelve! :welldone:

Glad I could help with the hygrometers!

+REPS for becoming an "official" grower! :high-five:

One, I assume you're using a professional camera with those pics? They look very nice and that jar definitely has my mouth watering...And hope you're feeling better. I am down at the moment with shingles which is not a pretty picture. My doctor says its a form of chicken pox which lies dormant until something happens to wake it up. In my case, STRESS. And it itches like hell....Sry about the rant.

Good pics TOG...my camera has a micro mode plus optical zoom...just can't seem to get it set right...you are on top of yours though...:thumb:

I few things you want to take into consideration when doing Macro Photography is movement. Objects you are photographing and natural body movement will blur your shots. Make sure you are in a place that is still. A mild breeze from a fan can shake a plant just slightly and your shot will come out blurry.

One thing you can take out of the equation is the Human element. Buy a tripod. Find a cheap one. Doesn't need to be professional grade. I bought mine for I believe 15 dollars and It has helped a lot.

Second, know your camera and everything it can do. understand the different functions your camera is capable of. You may be able to switch between modes but if you do not understand the ISO. If you do not know what the exposure aperture is that can really affect the quality of the shot.

Third would be Lighting. You can do a lot with the correct lighting. The way light hits the object you wish to capture will greatly affect your shot. the focus of your camera will be drawn to certain points and it will have different effects, different levels of lens blur and clarity.

Lastly, it depends on the person. You don't need the best camera in the world to take good shots. It all depends on patience and repetition. Take lots of shots and only keep the ones you like. I go through about 20-100 shots and manage like 1-5 shots I actually Keep. Practice makes perfect and I have a long way to go till perfection.

CONGRATULATIONS, BROTHER!!! :party:

I always say that you're not "officially" a grower until you at least get your first harvest in, and you've done an absolutely stellar job of both the grow and the journal. :bravo:

The buds look fantastic! Nice & frosty! :yummy: And, I used to think my pics were pretty good, but now I have to struggle to try to keep up with you & Twelve! :welldone:

Glad I could help with the hygrometers!

+REPS for becoming an "official" grower! :high-five:

Thanks my friend. That means a lot. Seriously coming from you I'm truly honored. To even be mentioned along with Twelve12 in terms of photography, that means a lot. I still have mountains to climb before I can even come close to his work.

I am not worthy of such praise and I thank you sincerely for it and the Rep. :Namaste:

I have put a lot of hours into this hobby and fine tuning everything. I hope it does show. I am carrying what I have learned this grow over to my next. If you ever get a chance, you should check it out. I would love to have your input on it.:thumb:

One, I assume you're using a professional camera with those pics? They look very nice and that jar definitely has my mouth watering...And hope you're feeling better. I am down at the moment with shingles which is not a pretty picture. My doctor says its a form of chicken pox which lies dormant until something happens to wake it up. In my case, STRESS. And it itches like hell....Sry about the rant.

Honestly, It is far from professional. It is a P&S(Point and Shoot) that I got from my aunt since she bought a new camera, and hand-me-down if you will. I am using a Canon Powershot SD790is. It is a pretty good camera but it definitely is no DSLR camera. I am totally fortunate to have this camera honestly so I am no complaining.

The Jar does look nice. I have been worried that my bud was still too wet since they were quite soft when i put them in jars but they have gotten quite dense are doing wonderfully now that i have a stable way of checking the Rh of the Jar.

Thanks so much, I am trying to get better. My mind is all over the place and my cold is almost gone.

I really hope you feel better soon. Nothing worse than having to deal with medical issue. I hope everything clears up soon. Stress is pretty much the story of my life. lol Just try to take it easy and things will work themselves out.

Smoke Report: Lemon Skunk
So my best friend came over and we decided to have a little bit of a smoke session. This is my first time smoking my stuff so I thought I give you a thorough report on everything( My opinion on it at least) so here we go.

• Bag Appeal: 6/10
Now the main reason for this was my personal way I trimmed. I didn't really do a great job trimming and I ended up having some leaves. I did a way better the second time around. I think if i were to trim a little tighter it would be about 7 or an 8.

The bud stays a nice green as it dries but the pistils are a dark brown. I like a bit more color so I marked a few points off on that. looks very frosty and it is nice and sticky. Bud to leaf ratio was ok at best. a bit leafy for my taste but overall nice.

• Smell: 9.5/10
Smell is absolutely divine. It doesn't really have that weed smell to it. very citrusy almost Pine-sol like. Very mild skunk undertones and a tad earthy. The bud in my unbiased opinion is the best smelling bud I have had. I seriously love it. It's very strong and almost overwhelming but amazing none-the-less.

• Taste: 8/10
Very fresh taste. Very earthy with that hint of citrus. Doesn't taste like most skunks but very nice. Very Piney /Pine-sol on the exhale.

• Smoke: 9/10(Glass Pipe)
Extremely smooth. One of the smoothest hits I've had in a long time. A very nice Lung expansion that follows. Smooth enough that my friend didn't even cough( He usually coughs his first hit lol)

• High: 7.5/10
Very Sativa in character. Nice head high. social smoke for sure. Makes you talkative and uplifting with a subtle body high that creeps up on you. Not so body that you can't move, more relaxing to enjoy the experience. I usually have a case of cottonmouth but with this smoke I didn't have that at all. Doesn't leave you tired after but very relaxed. Munchies set in about an hour in. The high lasted about 2 hours

• Overall: 8/10

Aside from my trim job on these buds, I couldn't be happier. I was a bit nervous about drying and curing. I thought I had messed up cause the bud was very soft and airy. Once they had some time down in the curing jars, they tightened up and densed up nicely. Not fluffy at all. The high was great but I'm sure could've been better. It was my first grow but I will revisit this strain next year.

Hope I covered everything I needed to cover. I would totally recommend everyone to try this strain. I love it and I have plenty of smoke. Stick around for my Smoke report on "Lemon Skunk Hash". Gonna buy some bubble bags next week and I'm gonna try my hand at some full melt hash.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated.:lot-o-toke: ToG

I have acquired some of those beans or should say will be shortly. You have me excited so my next grow I may start with that. I only have room for two in the closet at the moment. What some advice you can give me about this strain? Are they finicky? Big eaters? What is an ideal temp and humidity for them? I loved the smoke report very thorough. Hey you did better than me my first grow. I got impatient, it was still a nice smoke but it could have been even better if I had waited. I give you two snaps and a circle! Or in other words a big thumbs up!

They are fairly easy to grow. I had lots of heat problems throughout summer and they took it like champs. My humidity got down to 9% and I didn't have much problem. The plant tends to claw but doesn't seem to affect it at all. They soak up water like a mofo. the first few weeks of flower, I had to water like everyday. So when you get them into the pots for flower I would suggest moisture control. a layer or mixture of vermiculite. Other than that, it's easy to grow.

Back
Top Bottom