ThatOneGuyy's First Lemon Skunk Indoor Grow

Like your detail smoke report. Good to know that you enjoy it. Keep up the good work can't wait to see your next grow. Will you be using the same setup or trying something new?

I actually have it going already. Links in my sig but you can Click here My setup will be expanding. I will be running a 1Gal perpetual SoG with a 2week veg period. I might actually LST them into a Spiral shape to maximize the smaller bud on the bottom.

I also am working on growing mothers. I want to get at least 6 different mothers running in the next couple months.

Once i get some money I will be upgrading my grow room. 1 600w grow light. Digital ballast. inline fan + carbon filter.

Its really been a pleasure watching this grow from start to finish. It became evident early on that your attention to the little details was going to make the difference in the end result.

Its almost ashame to see it end, but knowing you have a few jars full in the cupboard more than compensates for the finality of the grow.

I look forward to watching your BPN grow finish out.

Thanks for the link, not sure if I've already subbed but is now. Your plans sounds great. Perpetual kicks buds. Which light and bulb will you get for the 600w? Same for inline fan + carbon filter.
I am buying a vented hood and dimmable digital Ballast(MH/HPS) from Virtual Sun. My local Hydro gives me mad discounts so I am going for Hortilux bulbs.

6" inline fan and carbon filter. Doesn't need to be big since my closet is limited. I will run the ducting straight out of my closet outside. I will have a damper point connected to a T joint with an end cap(for the nights that get too cold and I want the air to vent back into the room without worrying about backflow.

Its really been a pleasure watching this grow from start to finish. It became evident early on that your attention to the little details was going to make the difference in the end result.

Its almost ashame to see it end, but knowing you have a few jars full in the cupboard more than compensates for the finality of the grow.

I look forward to watching your BPN grow finish out.

Thanks my friend. That means a lot. I have actually been quite absent minded the past few weeks but I have a lot on my plate. I am trying to get back into the routine. I still wanna harvest my final plants and work on making hash before I close this journal.

Definitely coming to a close soon but it has been fun for sure.

Mini Update: So I am just waiting a few more days to harvest my girls. I will most likely do it on Monday. I really need to get some bubble bags so I can make some hash. Anyways, here's a pic.
IMG_16655.JPG

those look yummy as fuck man! :thumb:
love the detailed ass smoke report too buddy :D
come smoke a bowl of your finest indoor cultivated with me! haha :D
very nice!

thats what im talkin bout! im gonna do that

:adore::goodjob: very nice man!! those buds look so tasty, I want to take a big bite!! looking forward to hearing about this hash experience. i'm sure if you pay the same attention to detail as your grow, you're gonna end up with some kick ass stuff!! :goodluck:

:grinjoint:

Mini Update: So I chopped my last girls in flower today and Im in the process of spackling the cracks in my closet to once again light proof the two(I removed the black plastic in the Veg room to increase Lumen.) from each other. Anyways, These will dry for the rest of the week but they will have No Cure time. Once dry I am going to add them to my Shake jar and save it for Hash/Edible making. I will be using the hash from the 100+ micron bags for edibles and I will keep the full melt and one above that for personal smoke.

Bubble bags will be purchased tomorrow so this weekend I will be making hash! Once the hash is made and dried I will be calling this journal Complete. It has been one helluva learning experience. I am happy that my first grow went so well and sets in motion something greater.

If you guys haven't, head over to my second grow and check it out. Things will be heating up once I get the mothers grown. I will be expanding my strain list and I have that in my other journal so you can go ahead and check that out.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated.:lot-o-toke: ToG

i would imagine hash is better, its all the trichs concentrated together i believe and im not very educated about it but i think hash is more potent. i could be wrong

So is hash better? Never had it but my bf says its good.

Hash is concentrated Trichomes. The process of extraction is the trimchomes pass through filter screens to remove plant particles. I have been on a hash trip lately.

You don't need as much to medicate. It is a good way to take advantage of leftover Shake from harvest. with all the bubble bag extraction you are still left with plant matter and higher levels of extraction that can be used to make Butter.

i would imagine hash is better, its all the trichs concentrated together i believe and im not very educated about it but i think hash is more potent. i could be wrong

The potency is the same as on the bud you just get a more concentrated product since you don't get any plant matter.

TOG, beautiful looking harvest! Looks like the defoliation gave you nice solid nugs all the way up! :high-five:

Yeah they look pretty nice. I might actually just keep the very tops as personal bud and throw the rest into the shake jar. Gonna grind it all up and make hash with it. :thumb:

Mini Update: So I am going to give them until the weekend to dry. They aren't gonna go into curing since I am just going to make hash with them(except for maybe the #1 clone) I am gonna pick up some bubble bags and I will get some pics of that.

Mini Update: So i made some hash the other day. out of all the shake I had, I managed to get about 2 grams total from a bit over 2 oz of shake. I got the most from the 25micron bag. that got me 1g alone. The rest was really grainy and i need to press it.

So lets go into a smoke report for the 25micron full melt hash.

Look and feel: 6/10 What I am noticing is that Lemon Skunk doesn't make the greatest hash in terms of quantity. It wasn't as covered as I liked it to be but I am ok with that. but what I got has a really nice blonde sandy color to it. I feels like old play-doh. slightly sandy but still doughy enough to press back together.

Taste:
8/10 The taste is lovely. Very Lemony inhale with a mild skunky taste on exhale. Very enjoyable using my pipe. Was very smooth in terms of hash. I have yet to take a bong hit with it but I am waiting on my new bong i recently ordered.

Effect: 7/10 I pankcaked a piece and took a fat hit. Lemon Skunk isn't an immediate high, I likes to creep up on you. So the first hit I had a mild rush to the head but is was clear. After getting back into my room I sat down and listened to music, that is when it beat my ass. I was the perfect mixture of couch lock and crazy head high. It had me somewhere I love to be honestly. It might have been because I was smoking earlier but it hit me so hard.

Not the best that I have had but for my first time growing myself, I can't complain. The genetics weren't as strong but I will be revisiting the strain with better genetics(DNA or Greenhouse)

Overall it was a nice smoke but I am a little disappointed on the other hash I got from it other than the 25 micron. I am going to press everything to make a little hash cake and save it for another time. Thanks for everyone that has followed this journal. Without you all i couldn't have done this good of a job my first time around.:adore:

With that, This journal is complete. Hope to see you all in my current journal.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated. :lot-o-toke: ToG

Back
Top Bottom