Thats mag def right?

Definetly change your Rez, when running hydro I change once a week. Yes continue feeding calmag if you want to get on top of things.
Ya i was having some issues in my first RDWC grow, with calcium in mid to late flowering. Im going to start doing monthly rez changes instead, i know i can last easily a month with zero issues so lets see if that helps things! I'll likely do a rez change here in a day or 2, to prepare for flowering nutes. For today, ill just throw in 2 tbs of calmag and that should help it out until then. If all else fails, rez change :D

I agree 420% with PW! 60 days is WAY too long to go before rez changes and, while it's an interesting experiment, it will not help you grow quality meds.

For example, week one your PPM's are at 400 after adding 100 PPM's of Nitrogen (replace with any element!). After the first week, your PPM's drop to 100. So, how much Nitrogen did they use? Answer: You don't know! So, week two you add another x PPM's of Nitrogen, etc. multiplied now by something like 8-10 weeks. You may have certain elements building up to toxic levels, at this point, and/or impeding the uptake of other necessary elements. I'd rez change ASAP and probably re-start at 1/2 strength nutes.

haha okay ya i was thinking that was maybe something to do with it, a buildup since as you said, dont know what amounts are building up over that long a time. Rookie mistake :eek:
I've seen people constantly say weekly, even bi-weekly max rez changes but i thought maybe my environment would allow me to get away with longer changes (even tho its nothing about the environment, its about nute buildup lol)

Thanks guys! I greatly appreciate it ^_^
From this point on i will do monthly rez changes and if zero issues, awesome! If issues, rez changes every 2 weeks. FOR SCIENCE! :cool:

On the bright side, i've built up some nice roots in these 60 days of no rez change :p
20181202_080726.jpg
20181202_080737.jpg
20181202_080749.jpg

Another thing you'll run into is bacteria building up in the Rez. Bacteria will reek havoc with your ph levels and set you up for a lot of lockouts and other issues.

Another thing you'll run into is bacteria building up in the Rez. Bacteria will reek havoc with your ph levels and set you up for a lot of lockouts and other issues.
even tho i use hydroguard ?

Hydroguard will work but not knowing what you have in the Rez is the question. When I run Rdwc I would mix a fresh Rez of nutrients and add z7 to prevent slime/bacteria. 3 days later I add another dose of z7 then 4 days later I drain and fill with a fresh batch of nutrients.

Hydroguard will work but not knowing what you have in the Rez is the question. When I run Rdwc I would mix a fresh Rez of nutrients and add z7 to prevent slime/bacteria. 3 days later I add another dose of z7 then 4 days later I drain and fill with a fresh batch of nutrients.
I actually purchased both Z7's before i began RDWC, just as a preventative. Little did i know its either hydroguard or Z7 lol. Also have H202 but that doesnt do me any good unless im looking for a sterile rez.

seriously? lol well damn i already bought a 1 gallon jug of hydroguard haha. Maybe ill just use the z7 i have next grow to see how it acts! Thanks for that info :D

Yeah, I would not recommend going any more than a week or maybe two without changing the res. After a week, you start losing control of the environment. Again, it's not about whether the plant can survive. It's about getting the genetics you're growing to reach as close to their potential as possible. Things can go downhill very quick with hydro, especially if bacteria starts growing in the res.

Thanks so much guys, im convinced my issues are due to an unbalanced rez due to 60+ days no changes :p
Also learned to try z7 next grow lol.

I wonder if there is any difference in the same strain grown with monthly changes vs bi-weekly changes, ill have to test this out! Assuming no issues arise lol.

Back
Top Bottom