Thawk's 2nd All LED Soil Grow Hammerhead - Agent Orange - Big Buddha - Blue Cheese

Thawk

Well this was going to be more fun to write until I wrote it the fist time and it took behalf an hour and my damn Ipad switched screens and erased it all... But here we go again.

Alright guys for those of you that don't know last grow I was doing a couple good solid strains and it was my first grow so I made some mistakes, but it was turning out great until... I got robbed over Christmas and all my plants were taken along with some of my pieces and xbox, etc. I gave my lights away to a friend along with a tray of clones I had saved so I would still be alive, unfortunately one of his friends went uber-religious and the police sent in a swat team to break down the doors and all the windows and anything of value in his home.

So now I am starting from scratch and this is how it is going, I started about three weeks ago ( forgot to write the date down) and originally it was 3 Blackjack, but none made it, the tap roots all died shortly after break free of the shell. But the rest did make it and these consists of two feminized Big Buddha Blue Cheese ( one of which topped itself, very interesting), two Hammerhead feminized ( I am growing this one solely because of how fantastic it looked in RedDawg's grow), and three Agent Orange. There is also a Happy Outdoor mix growing, looks like a saliva but we will see.

Everything is being grown in FF ocean forest mixed with a little perlite and a little biodynamic thunder, used mainly for coating the soil for a transplant( works wonders). I am using FF Grow Big as my fertilizer, every other watering for now, will pick up to every watering once they get a nice new transplanted home, don't want them too root bound yet...

Their home is in cabinet under my bathroom sink, I am getting ready to move and then I will be able to give them a proper home and a much happier environment. Right now they are all being grown by a 90 watt UFO, beautifully I might add. I have also just ordered a PG-180 to veg with as well. I may have to add more but I'm not exactly sure what the sq footage of the veg room is. I will fill you in on flowering room details as that time approaches.

That's about all ive got so far, I'll post some pictures soon, but there isn't too much to see yet.

Thawk

Re: Thawk's 2nd All LED Soil Grow Hammerhead - Agent Orange - Big Buddha - Blue Chees

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:Namaste:

Re: Thawk's 2nd All LED Soil Grow Hammerhead - Agent Orange - Big Buddha - Blue Chees

Hey, yea the grow is still alive I have just been really busy so I will try and get it updated today. This grow has seemed to be somewhat neglected in comparison with my previous one, but the plants are doing alright, they were starting to look a little sickly because I was keeping all 8 plants, which are about 6 weeks old now, alive on a single 90 watt UFO. My PG-180 that I ordered went to my billing address instead of my shipping so I will not be able to get a gold of it for a little while. This is especially unfortunate considering I didn't a lot for a missing light in my budget. I went ahead and bought a PG-260 and I'm running it in the veg with the 90 watt now. They seem to be doing fine but today I am going to get the rest put in their final pots, and also start them on some liquid light. Will likely top all the hope to be mothers today so I can have some clones going. My girls birthday is in august and my goal is to have the first plants coming off in time for a very happy birthday haha. I am going to post some older pics of when they were under my sink and then the new pics will be from today, so there is a pretty cent jump. If you have any ideas as to why some of the leaves are hurting please comment, but all the new growth since the new light has been much prettier.

Let me know what you think guys.

Ps. Finally get my original piece back today... May have to take a pic of the legendary Three.

Ok guys here is a pic of the first couple weeks, first was taken shortly after the broke ground, the others are maybe a week later. Updated pics soon.

IMG00604-20110414-1858.jpg

Then these are a week later
IMG00637-20110425-1622.jpg
IMG00635-20110425-1621.jpg

And at the time this Big Buddha was blowing the rest out of the water.
IMG00636-20110425-1621.jpg

Ok,
Still no posts so I doubt anyone is following but here are some pictures I took on the first, the first day that I put in the new light and also starting using Liqid Light and penetrator. I took some pictures a couple days ago I will post in the second post in a little bit, for now these are the pictures from the first. They staed looking much happier with that light. I am hoping to stick some in flower by mid June but I don't have the lighting to separate into two rooms yet, anybody have any ideas on how to flower just a few plants in a room while verging the others? If not Im trying to get a few pg180's... Just gonna take time. But anyway here are the pics taken on the 1st.
IMG00701-20110601-1700.jpg
IMG00707-20110601-1702.jpg

Now the big buddha
IMG00708-20110601-1702.jpg
IMG00709-20110601-1703.jpg

Hammerhead
IMG00710-20110601-1703.jpg

And finally the Agent Orange
IMG00711-20110601-1703.jpg
IMG00712-20110601-1704.jpg

Ill be following! I am very interested in the agent orange.

I cant tell from the pics, have you added the pg 180 yet?

Ok guys sorry I haven't done an update for a while, I have been doing a lot of traveling, much to the dismay of my plants. Sme of the older ones developed some ph issues and ended up dying but not before I got a good 20 clones so I will be getting up pics soon of what is going on now. I'll include more description in the next, but flowering is going to begin within a couple days so I'll catch you guys up.

Hey amigo my next grow is blue cheese so I'm in if your back in town!

Alright guys, I am done being lazy and not updating this thread, I'm going to spend today getting everyone up to speed, which is just in time for flowering, which started 3 days ago. Canna and Waldo I hope you keep following, the big buddhas all have such a lovely aroma, can't wait to see how it turns out in the flowering. This is also a perpetual grow, but anyways details and questions be dealt with later. This is what has happened since e last update, I took some clones probably 5-6 weeks ago, about 22 and I had only one cutting not make it. Remember to keep your room very warm and very humid when cloning. Makes a huge difference. I reserved one of these new cuttings and two original plants to give me my trio of mothers. At the beginning of July I got some more lights so I could set up a veg room, two induction plasmas and a PG 260. I just put the 260 with the leftover UFO, and it is doing great for veg now. Especially whenever I toss some liquid light on the plants. I have been battling heat in the flowering room since day 1, there are a lot of really hot days here and the room is sort of an attached brick shed, very warm. I was gone for a week the middle of July and the heat mixed with poorly phed water ended up taking the lives of a few of my plants, including my giant two headed big Buddha dragon... It was a very sad day but it did get me started on my shit so I re did that room and installed a carbon filter and a can fan with two homemade mufflers on it, so now they are doing very well, I do feel like I need to add more led in there though, maybe another 180 about halfway through flowering, thoughts? Anyways I recently transplanted all of the clones into 5 gallon buckets, my soil now is a mixture of earth syrup, bd thunder, ocean forest, and happy frog conditioner... It took just a couple weeks for them to get huge and now they are in the flowering room on a 12/12 schedule. I will be back home today so I will take some pics of the ones that have started flowering then, I'll also get some more pics for veg, as for now here are some I took over the course of the grow... I have a whole lot more but most of them are of now deceased plants :/ fell free to comment guys and I hope to get some people following so I have some help throug the harvest!

Journals get attention when they are posted in and updated with photos on a regular basis, if you want to use this for a quest for help, then may I suggest posting your questions in the FAQs. You get help from members who subscribe to an active journal, not the other way around. Hope this helps. :Namaste:

Ok guys, after all the here are the new pics updates, i finally found my sd card and took some ok pics to get you guys up to where i am now so i can keep you filled in the rest of the grow. Before i show pics, ay ideas on cooling part of an attic, i found out i have a floored attic today and that would be much better to use than the guest closet. Anyways here are some pics of what was in veg back on the 6th.
DSC002176.JPG
This is the new Big Buddha Mom since the original passed away
DSC001797.JPG
Here are some clones that i just transplanted, they were left in their solo cups way too long.
DSC001966.JPG
DSC0019910.JPG

I also decided to do a little mom photo-shoot before I headed down to the flowering room. In commemoration of shark week we will start with the Hammerhead
DSC001839.JPG
DSC001879.JPG
IMG00932-20110810-1017.jpg
The Agent Orange mom is a little less exciting to see so she only got a pic or two
DSC0019010.JPG
DSC0019411.JPG

These next few of the veg are from yesterday, you can see how quickly they are growing.
DSC002373.JPG
DSC002383.JPG
And now for the exciting stuff, the first nights the lights went off was August 2nd, these pics were taken only a few days after, I plan on updating every couple days once there is a little more action occurring, Ok so lets start off with a couple shots of the family. PS for lighting on 10 plants at the moment I have two 50 w induction plasmas and a pg260. i will probably add a 180 in a couple weeks.
DSC002233.JPG
DSC002272.JPG

DSC002087.JPG

Here are the Big Buddhas, there will be 4 for the first harvest:
DSC002304.JPG

There are going to be 3 Agent Oranges unless I stick an extra in there today, here is my current favorite of those
DSC002283.JPG

And here are a couple of the hammerheads, space was so limited it was hard to get a good angle, ill do better next time i take some photos.
DSC002342.JPG

Ok guys enjoy the update, i will update again on sunday, will be unavailable until then. Now gonna go enjoy some of this delicious Sour D :)

Hey guys, I haven't had time to update this thread because I have been busy building a new grow room to house all the plants, I have some pics of it. Anyways it does get a little warm in the new grow rooms during the day, but other than that it seems to be about perfect. I am going to try and take some more cuttings today at some point. now that I have enough room I would like to run 12 plants every 4 weeks. Anyways the girls are now on day 16 of flower and I am finally starting to see some action as the pistils are showing on all of them, and the beginnings of buds are visible on, surprisingly, the plants under the plasma induction lamps... but it looks like just a couple days difference regardless. I am going to either build a cfl reflector or order another light, but I don't think i have enough in the lowering room right now, though I over doubled my floor space so I figured I would be.

Alright here we go guys, Here are some pics of the new room to start with
DSC002434.JPG
DSC002448.JPG
With the doors closed it is pretty light tight, in the flowering part atleast.
DSC002455.JPG
Doors on both rooms, help double layer and light proof.
DSC002464.JPG

Now a few Veg pics, the 2nd one is of the clones I just transplanted not long ago, they are doing well.
DSC002477.JPG
DSC002503.JPG
Now all the plants in flowering and the two prettiest agent oranges.
DSC002613.JPG
DSC002625.JPG
And you can just now see where the buds are starting, my camera is only ok so you cant see very well... Enjoy guys, will update again pretty soon. I anyone has any cooling solutions feel free to offer advice
DSC002522.JPG
DSC002603.JPG

Hey guys, sorry it has been so long, I have been busy with a lot of stuff getting going again and just haven't had time to get around to an update. They are coming along nicely now, I had to add a DIY cfl reflector and I'm going to have to build another so I can switch my other 260 over to the flower room. I didn't account for the extra space, there just isn't quite enough lighting in there. Hopefully there will be an extra 180 in there before too long but until then there are gonna be 520 watts of LED, ~400 watts of CFL, and 100 watts of plasma. This is my firs successful flowering cycle, so I'm not sure about the size of the buds yet and how they compare with others but they look pretty good to me. Starting to see some razzle dazzle near some of the bud sites, but the CFLs haven't been giving me what in need in the penetration department. Hoping putting the 260 in along with the other lights in flowering will give them the kittle kick they need. Another update coming soon after I get the air conditioning/ dehumidifier installed. Happy smoking.

Okey Dokey guys here we go, finally a day where im free to get this thing up to date. I have gotten everything how I want it except the A/c is puling too many amps for my breaker... I am not sure what to do besides run a cord to a plug on another circuit. Any ideas? I am going to take some new pics today but the lights arent on yet so I am going to put up some that I took back on the 23rd.

First the newly cut clones, and the Mom's afterwards:
DSC002802.JPG
DSC002793.JPG

First some close ups of different plants, I didn't remember to label which was which, but I will remember to when I am taking pics today
DSC003014.JPG
DSC003003.JPG
DSC002921.JPG
DSC002843.JPG
DSC002835.JPG

And then the strange sativa that made its way into my garden...
DSC002875.JPG

Now a couple group shots, the lights are so poorly spaced here I almost didn't put it up, but I believe how I have them now is the best for them.
DSC002903.JPG
DSC002983.JPG

Alright guys will update again tonight, Happy smoking

nice looking good so far, your gonna love your plasma induction light, really works great with led, i just harvested a quarter pound off my 2 ufo's and 50w plasma induction grow on my last run

Thanks man, thats what I was hoping for. If I could have it running only LED and induction lighting I would but The CFL has been moved over to provide some solid back/ side lighting, this pics below show how much better the light efficiency is now. And a QP for that sound s pretty legit, how many plants were you growing? Anyways the A/C has been working now, I just have to be careful of what I turn on. Need to water today but here are some pictures I took yesterday. Will update again soon, What humidity level do I need to be below for flowering?

Here are the pics guys:

First the new setup for the lights
DSC003022.JPG

Then the Family
DSC003033.JPG

One of the Agent Oranges, and then another
DSC003045.JPG
DSC003062.JPG

Some Closeups of some Buds, First one of the big Buddhas
DSC003105.JPG

The best looking one is this Hammerhead in my opinion
DSC003074.JPG
DSC003083.JPG
DSC003117.JPG

And an Agent Orange
DSC003124.JPG
DSC003053.JPG
Alright guys thats all for now, smoking on some Hashplant :)

Happy Smoking

only 2 plants were grown under my ufos/induction ,one yielded 3oz's then i had an auto pineapple that yielded 35gms

That's sick man, I hope my harvest is something along those lines, but this is a perpetual grow so if not I'll just have to make some changes. Don't plan on updating for a couple days, hope so more join for the harvest because it is my first

Back
Top Bottom