THC #8

420 Warrior

THC.jpg

Why is the marijuana industry booming? Why do people see marijuana as a ‘gateway drug’? What makes people so drawn to the plant? Ok calm down, calm down.

Truth is, there are many directions to point when these questions come about. However most point in the direction of THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, and can you really blame them? As obscure as it sounds, since the recent outspread of marijuana legalization, the marijuana industry has built an entire empire around THC.

It’s like Kraft and Brady, but forever. But seriously the potent psychoactive compound is taking the world by storm. From infused drinks, oils, edibles-I mean they’re literally putting this stuff in everything and I am enjoying every second of it.

What is THC ?
Now, this is the fun stuff. THC is what takes you THERE. The ‘highway to heaven’ if you will. As previously mentioned, THC or tetrahydrocannabinol (take your time with that one) is a psychoactive compound found in marijuana. In simpler terms, it’s the stuff that gets you high.

But please don’t overlook this element as it is tied to every single stoner story to surface. Let me explain. And I promise I won’t take long. Like CBD, when consumed, THC molecules attach themselves to cannabinoid receptors located in our brain.

However these same receptors are located in areas of the brain that help regulate specific body functions.

Once consumed, things such as memory, pleasure, coordination and time-perception can all be affected. But that isn’t such a bad thing. Now remember, times haven’t always been like this.

As weed has only recently become legalized in certain countries, many are still discovering new aspects about the herb and how it affects our bodies each day.

Effects of THC
Okay so let's be honest, it’s the effects that make the plant popular. Although over the years many have bickered back and forth about the pros and cons of marijuana and how it can either hurt or help your body.

Safe to say the ones on the wrong side of that argument ate their words. The psychoactive properties of THC are what make us laugh, energized, euphoric, sleepy and relaxed.

Alright people, this is when the writer becomes the professor so please bear with me. Remember those receptors that I was talking about? Like CBD, THC molecules attach to them which ultimately creates an infamous psychoactive effect.

Within the human brain are two different types of receptors, CB1 and CB2. Creative right? CB2 can be targeted when the body may experience a rash or inflammation.

But the funny thing about THC is that it causes our endocannabinoids to attach primarily to CB1 receptors. Still with me? Located in the central nervous system, CB1 micro-receptors play a role in regulating a bunch of our neural and sensory features which is why THC ultimately produces a high or sense of euphoria when it is consumed. Alright I’m done with the boring stuff, I promise.

Now to experience these psychoactive effects, the compounds of marijuana must endure a heating process before consumption. Literally every single form of THC on the market has been through some sort of heating process.

Popular choices such as edibles contain cannabis butter (cannabis infused butter) which is then mixed into the product and cooked. In addition to this, commonly found marijuana products like oils and flowers are smoked in various ways also.

Despite requiring heat and containing THC, top market products such as topicals (creams, lotions, balms, etc..) can’t necessarily get you high. This is due to the fact that these specific products are applied to the skin.

Meaning, the product never enters the bloodstream however can have pain relieving effects to the applied area.

Throughout the years, marijuana has made its mark on almost every corner of the globe. Even though the psychoactive effects of THC can be used to fuel arguments as to why marijuana is bad, top selling products such as wax, edibles, bud and oil all contain THC and I don’t believe it’s a coincidence.

Even from what I have been seeing lately, it seems like modern dispensaries emphasize the THC count of certain products as a marketing strategy. From your favorite athlete to your favorite songs, I can almost guarantee someone was high at some point.

By Sativa Smoker
May 1, 2020

It is my profound belief that prolonged consumption of THC actually rewires our brains. It is well documented that even the smartest of us only use, maybe, 10% of their brains. Also, the brain is split into two brains, that work independently of one another, and with only certain pathways open to communication between them. Occasionally "flashes" of insight can occur when this interbrain communication happens, but the barrier between the right and left sides makes this a rare thing, and most people become comfortable existing almost totally on one side or the other. The analytical person gives up on the arts and emotion, and feels that is ok. The artist sees no interest or ability in the analytical... and rarely do those two worlds combine.

I think that prolonged use of any psychoactive drug, not just cannabis, rewires the brain so that more and more of this interlobe communication can happen, and that with prolonged use, the connection gets stronger and even permanent. I strongly believe that we can become more intuitive, more aware, more able to communicate, and actually smarter, when this happens.

I was actually a dumb and rebellious child. Then I found that I really liked pot, at around age 14. Something happened.... I got smarter, and I don't believe it all had to do with getting older. A "dedicated" toker since early teens, societal norms say that I should now be a loser... and my brain should be fried. The opposite has happened. I am convinced that it is a direct result of reading Don Juan early and allowing the spirit of the plant to merge with me and my life, and that by accepting and even encouraging the physiological changes that have resulted to my brain, I have become much more aware.

More research needs to be done on this natural enhancement, just as they experimented early on with mushrooms and LSD for the same reasons.

Wow Emilya, that's certainly food for thought, no pun intended, LOL

That's so weird because I started at 13 and was a dumb rebellious kid too but I really started looking at the world differently and more deeply after I experienced Cannabis early on.

I don't know but sometimes when I'm high, I get so tuned in and transfixed on the way things are and the way things should be and it's almost spiritual, it's almost scary but exhilarating at the same time...Maybe that's the two halves of my brain communicating? Wow, I never thought of it that way...

Thank you for that Emmy :thanks:

I don't know but sometimes when I'm high, I get so tuned in and transfixed on the way things are and the way things should be and it's almost spiritual, it's almost scary but exhilarating at the same time...Maybe that's the two halves of my brain communicating? Wow, I never thought of it that way...

Everyone's brain not completely wired quite the same so the old exceptions kind of thing, as I have partied with a few folks way back in the day that they did stupider things and were distracted more :rofl: similar to many folks using alcohol and getting "not so bright ideas" (lets throw mortar fireworks by hand and skip the launch tube baloney ;) wasn't me but an idiot at a party I was at and it wasn't pretty :rofl:). In my case think I'm an un-diagnosed borderline ADD and ADHD, and the Sativa heavy "up/focused" kind of high gets my body and my brain into closer to the same speed zones, instead of the brain doing light speed and my body poking along like a turtle in comparison ;) :rofl: Indica heavy depends on if I'm tired and help me sleep, so w/o Cannabis I don't sleep all that much and only sleep good when I'm completely worn out.

Personally, I do sleep great most nights and have trouble staying energized during the day, mainly due to thyroid issues, so those pure Sativa strains with high energy profiles are what I gravitate towards the most.

Keeping enough energy to stay active all day is where my problem lies, so I really need access to those good Sativa's anytime I want...Just one more reason added to the long list of reasons why I want legalization here in GA so badly.

THC.jpg

Why is the marijuana industry booming? Why do people see marijuana as a ‘gateway drug’? What makes people so drawn to the plant? Ok calm down, calm down.

Truth is, there are many directions to point when these questions come about. However most point in the direction of THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, and can you really blame them? As obscure as it sounds, since the recent outspread of marijuana legalization, the marijuana industry has built an entire empire around THC.

It’s like Kraft and Brady, but forever. But seriously the potent psychoactive compound is taking the world by storm. From infused drinks, oils, edibles-I mean they’re literally putting this stuff in everything and I am enjoying every second of it.

What is THC ?
Now, this is the fun stuff. THC is what takes you THERE. The ‘highway to heaven’ if you will. As previously mentioned, THC or tetrahydrocannabinol (take your time with that one) is a psychoactive compound found in marijuana. In simpler terms, it’s the stuff that gets you high.

But please don’t overlook this element as it is tied to every single stoner story to surface. Let me explain. And I promise I won’t take long. Like CBD, when consumed, THC molecules attach themselves to cannabinoid receptors located in our brain.

However these same receptors are located in areas of the brain that help regulate specific body functions.

Once consumed, things such as memory, pleasure, coordination and time-perception can all be affected. But that isn’t such a bad thing. Now remember, times haven’t always been like this.

As weed has only recently become legalized in certain countries, many are still discovering new aspects about the herb and how it affects our bodies each day.

Effects of THC
Okay so let's be honest, it’s the effects that make the plant popular. Although over the years many have bickered back and forth about the pros and cons of marijuana and how it can either hurt or help your body.

Safe to say the ones on the wrong side of that argument ate their words. The psychoactive properties of THC are what make us laugh, energized, euphoric, sleepy and relaxed.

Alright people, this is when the writer becomes the professor so please bear with me. Remember those receptors that I was talking about? Like CBD, THC molecules attach to them which ultimately creates an infamous psychoactive effect.

Within the human brain are two different types of receptors, CB1 and CB2. Creative right? CB2 can be targeted when the body may experience a rash or inflammation.

But the funny thing about THC is that it causes our endocannabinoids to attach primarily to CB1 receptors. Still with me? Located in the central nervous system, CB1 micro-receptors play a role in regulating a bunch of our neural and sensory features which is why THC ultimately produces a high or sense of euphoria when it is consumed. Alright I’m done with the boring stuff, I promise.

Now to experience these psychoactive effects, the compounds of marijuana must endure a heating process before consumption. Literally every single form of THC on the market has been through some sort of heating process.

Popular choices such as edibles contain cannabis butter (cannabis infused butter) which is then mixed into the product and cooked. In addition to this, commonly found marijuana products like oils and flowers are smoked in various ways also.

Despite requiring heat and containing THC, top market products such as topicals (creams, lotions, balms, etc..) can’t necessarily get you high. This is due to the fact that these specific products are applied to the skin.

Meaning, the product never enters the bloodstream however can have pain relieving effects to the applied area.

Throughout the years, marijuana has made its mark on almost every corner of the globe. Even though the psychoactive effects of THC can be used to fuel arguments as to why marijuana is bad, top selling products such as wax, edibles, bud and oil all contain THC and I don’t believe it’s a coincidence.

Even from what I have been seeing lately, it seems like modern dispensaries emphasize the THC count of certain products as a marketing strategy. From your favorite athlete to your favorite songs, I can almost guarantee someone was high at some point.

By Sativa Smoker
May 1, 2020
Nice thread

You know that saying, "Where you dropped on your head when you were a baby"?

I think that is the main reason alot of people have Neurological disorders, well, and the vaxxes.

Back
Top Bottom