THC Biomed Clones - Opium & Atomical Haze

Re: THC Biomed Clones - Opium & Atomical Haze

Check this out, after an hour of scoping and trying to get the camera lens centred
420-magazine-mobile1951224362.jpg
in the scope.

YES!!!!!!! that is an egg I SPECIFICIALLY rememeber reading about the jewelled appearance of the eggs with shiny bumps all over them!! let me do more research and see if I can find it, that will definitively tell you BM or Russet mites! brb

"Broad mite eggs are elliptical, translucent, colorless, about 0.08 mm long, and are each covered by 29 to 37 whitish bumps. The young mites (larvae) are about 0.2 mm long and are whitish and have three pairs of legs. The legs have microscopic claws and suction cups. The quiescent Stage appears as an immobile, engorged larva. "

heres a link that shows your exact eggs, and als what the male and female look like so you can spot those

Pest Identification Guide Broad Mite, Polyphagotarsonemus latus (Banks) -- Figure 1.

im actually sooooo happy for you, that you found that!! I am gonna scope more soon up top now

heres a wonderful video of footage of them
Broad mites in cotton - YouTube

Well I'm happy as well, but it means my battle ain't over lol. The little bastards are able to lay 5 eggs a day and up to 70 in a life time. That's a lot!
If you don't have them beat down well enough before flower they attack pistils, turning them red and ultimately screwing you!

YES BUT, this is a HUGE leap forward, finally we have exact confirmation of the enemy! I am convinced I have them too, I still am seeing sideways leaves, and something else I noticed I just saw in the video, shiny leaves, that appear to always look wet, thats apparently the stuff their saliva injects, im going to scope that area right now, also the juveniles live inside the plant, so that explains not finding them easily, but heat is absolutely effective, so I will start that again today! but first im gonan scope like crazy and confirm!

YES I will dig up some photos of my 5 week into budding plants with 0 white pistils, I know you just flipped flower but If I were you id go back to veg until you can no longer find eggs!

Also they seem to really like the taste of Nebula. The acid strain hasn't shown any sign of damage. Eventually I'm sure they would after killing off the sweet stuff. It must be related to terpenes.

yes dutch dragon from them I had was the most resilient it held off showing no signs at all until all the others were gone, then it finally fell victim to the same effects eventually. I will post more pics tonight of my first debacle

so its either phylloxera or a winged stage of root aphids
Root Aphids: No! They're Not Just Fungus Gnats

— Way To Grow

seems one way to definitively tell the difference is in the way they hold their wings,
aphids fold them inwards and to the sides, so a top down view gives them "twin tail pipes" effect

the phylloxera has the wings on top and noticeably overlaping/touching each other. I will have to find another thats still alive to confirm, they run really fast, and I cant tell while its flying only when its standing still, I didnt know to pay attention to the dead one that suffocated in a shotglass :)

Get some yellow sticky traps and some sand to cover your soil.

OK so I am scoping the crap out of my plant, may have found an egg like yours, may not be, but after a bunch of looking I decided to check out the roots, and in the water res look what I found floating on top.. and sunken in the water.. nematodes? the white antenna guys on top of the water look like root aphid nymphs, the wormy guys look like nematodes.. hmm

cant upload videos here.. give me a sec
here September 16, 2017 - YouTube

heres the egg? on a nitrile glove
egg2.jpg

and the crawler looking guy

crawler3.jpg
crawler1.jpeg

THC Biomed Clones - Opium & Atomical Haze

I have only had one visible bug stick to my sticky trap and it looked identical. Looked like a mini house fly. Only seeing one I didn't think much, coincidence? I probably wiped away my nemotodes too, worth the risk for me though. This is a terrible learning experience. I feel like I'm my first three grows I've come across every 'negative' there is outside of plant disease lol. I have a feeling we're all fighting the same shit. Spinosad might be our answer in 'controlling' the issue. There HAS to be a way to defeat them that doesn't involve moving, or burning the grow room down.

Re: THC Biomed Clones - Opium & Atomical Haze

I have only had one visible bug stick to my sticky trap and it looked identical. Looked like a mini house fly. Only seeing one I didn't think much, coincidence? I probably wiped away my nemotodes too, worth the risk for me though. This is a terrible learning experience. I feel like I'm my first three grows I've come across every 'negative' there is outside of plant disease lol. I have a feeling we're all fighting the same shit. Spinosad might be our answer in 'controlling' the issue. There HAS to be a way to defeat them that doesn't involve moving, or burning the grow room down.

From what I understand and have read, the winged stage of root aphids is less common, and a majority of the population does not go winged. The winged ones are designed to find a new area to invade. So perhaps (speculating) if you make their current soil uninhabitable to them, or if you have a large population of them, they go winged to find new plants/soil.

Back
Top Bottom