THC Bomb - 12 Site Ebb & Flo - First Grow & Basement Grow Room Construction

re: THC Bomb 12 Site Ebb & Flo First Grow & Basement Grow Room Construction

Nice rundown of things! :) I'm running an Oxy pot ebband flow and I'm not running any res aeration. My res is outside my tent so temps ain't an issue. I lifted one of my cloth pot inserts last night and have about 2 foot of white roots out the bottom :)
I don't doubt your words one bit, in fact I understand them to be true. I'm just on a budget and am winging it. So far I've been luckt is all I reckon.
Anyway thanks for coming back and giving such a good update :)

Sounds like you are right on track. The H$G nutes are very pricey. I am not blaming my issues on the GH nutes, but the main reason was the root rot. Being a noob I was paying too much attention to my plants and the whole issue was the roots. It got so bad I decided to change everything up. The Aquashield is only $11.00 a gallon and it works. If budget was a issue I would still be using the lucas formula. I really didn't give it a full run so I am no place to review it. I still have a shit ton left and will probably use it on my next grow.

I been telling everyone i see who DOESN'T use Aquashield in hydro, TO USE IT!!

just a fantastic product cause it doesn't kill off the beneficial bacteria in your res like other similar products or h202.

I'm using the GH 3 part flora series along with Botanicare's Aquashield and Cal/Mag Plus, and i'm seeing fantastic results. Even when i was out of aquashield for like 3 weeks, my plants still were doing okay even with water temps reaching like 28 degrees!

Hello everyone,

Quick update. Started week 5 of flowering. Using House and Garden Nutrients. Been battling the hot and humid summer. RH floats between 50% at night lights off and 70% lights on. Have a small dehumidifier set at 35%. Plants are drinking about 5 to 10 gallons of water a day so they must be perspiring like crazy. I have it set for three evenly spaced 15 minute feedings during lights on. Thinking about adding a fourth since they are so thirsty. Advice??.

This week the H&G nutrients include Top Shooter which supposedly tricks the plant to have a second flower and boost yield by 30%. I'll watch closely. I took some pics below and I am very happy with my grow so far. The buds are shaping up nicely.

Grow room Week 5 Flowering

image13397.jpg

Close up of one of the mains. It's about 14" right now

image13399.jpg

More soon!

Hello, Ive been wanting to go the ebb and flow route, but I'm in between tables or buckets systems. The bucket system that catches my eye is the Active Aqua system. The one you're running. If you could answer a couple of questions I would appreciate it very much. What's the dimension of the pots, inner pot and outer pot like they're diameter and height?. The timer on the control bucket is it a 24 hr only timer? How you liking the system? Thank you for your time!

Hello,

The Hydrofarm bucket system is a 2 gallon buckets with a inner bucket. They are 12" tall and 12" round. The brain bucket is a 24 hour mechanical timer. You can set it for 15 minute floods. I currently run 3 15 minute floods evenly spaced with lights on. The system has worked well and is simple to operate. I have had great results with it so far.
The good:
Inner sleeves come out so you can rotate plants easily.
Pumps can be used to drain res.
Timer is simple and easy to operate
Can expand up to 60 buckets

The bad
At the end of veg the hoses started to get clogged with roots. Had to clean out.
Elevated buckets on 1" sheet rock to get them to drain fully.

All in All a decent system. I would recommend it. Feel free to ask any questions!

Re: THC bomb 12 site Ebb and Flo first grow and Basement Grow Room Construction

Big Update! Getting Ready to Harvest!

Pics of my week 7 of flower THC bomb plants with heavy ass buds!

image13892.jpg

The buds are so fat that I had to put up a trellis, or what I call a "Bud Bra".

I currently have 50% cloudy Trichomes. Started the flush on Monday I tried AN "Final Phase". Firstly the directions on the bottle are vague. But on their website they are different. I think they do it to fuck with potheads! Well as soon as I used it by flooding my plants with the added solution to 55 gallons of filtered tap water for six hours. Per the directions from the website. Which is totally different from bottle! You then start with a fresh Rez of pure water. I added 20 mils of drip clean from the H&G nutes collection that I changed too. What can I say about H&G without gushing. They totally blew me away with the results. I don't know what kind of voodo they put into it but it works! Stupid expensive, but incredible results.

I went into my grow last night and found my big center colas almost laying on the floor! Yikes! I put up the "Bud Bra" to support them. They have very sturdy vegetative growth and have had a oscillating fan on them since day one. But listen to me and my "Fat Bud" problem. PH hasn't gotten very erratic since yesterday. I am constantly adding down. I don't care anymore, but I continue to battle it. I am planning on going lights out for 24 hours on Saturday, and harvest on Sunday.
image13891.jpg

Sorry it's not a very good picture, but this one is much bigger than my forearm. The ones being supported are similar or even bigger. THC Bomb is an awesome strain. I cannot get over my results. Short and Fat with tiny internode spacing during veg and ridiculous fat buds! Very impressed with the strain. And it is a crazy tough plant. I did every single NOOB mistake in growing. Changed shit midstream. You name it I did it.Despite my best efforts the plant has grown extremely well! Bravo!

Three major things I learned in my first grow so far

1. Aerate the shit out of your reservoir with one watt of air pump per gallon. It will literally fix any root problems you may have. Trust me on this one! I had every root problem known. Aeration clears the Pollution. Period. Anything else you do to your root problem is just a band aid. Aeration stops the bleeding. Along with Aquashield which is also magical in taking care of your roots. Aerate! Aerate! Aerate!

2.Air Circulation of the grow room is critical. Good fresh air circulation is very helpful. And keeps the stems strong.

3. Don't veg to long. I veged for six weeks and the roots kept on clogging my hoses. If you never experienced fun before. Clean out a 12 site hydro system with fully grown plants in a homemade large closet. You haven't lived. Be back on Sunday night. For a harvest report. Peace!

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

Thanks for the info. But one question. Is it still better to harvest in darkness. The thought the chemicals and minerals are in the roots in darkness or is that a myth too? Thank you.

Think of it this way...

nature and the sun don't take 24 hours off.

When growing indoors we try our best to mimic mother nature, right, so why not give those buds some energy to keep ripening up with until before you harvest?

Like John said, there is no difference between cannabis that was given a extended dark period compared to cannabis that was not given an extended dark period. I would say, more light!!

Thanks for the info. But one question. Is it still better to harvest in darkness. The thought the chemicals and minerals are in the roots in darkness or is that a myth too? Thank you.

I do not believe the time of day that you harvest is important. Most of my harvests have been during the lights on phase.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in the update. Been crazy busy with work and trying to get all this bud trimmed and cured. Trimming was a ton of work, but it is done.

image14417.jpg

Trimming one of the crazy big buds. This size bud is common for this strain. I have very large hands by the way!

I waited until most of the Trichomes were cloudy and the occasional brown Trichomes. I used a 200 micron bubble bag with about 10 pounds if dry ice. I got about a ounce of hash from that and pressed it into tablets. Next time I will not bother with the big fan leaves since there are very few Trichomes on them. Next time I will just save the bud trims. Neverless I was happy getting a ounce if hash. The great thing about dry ice is that you can smoke it right away. It was very good!
So my total yield of manicured and dried bud was 1750 grams with 11 plants under 2 1000w hoods. MH for veg and HPS for flower. Unfortunately, I got bud rot on some of the plants. I cut off the rotted parts and discarded. Really broke my heart to lose some very big buds, but overall it was a good grow. It got cold a couple of nights and my humidity was a bit high for flowering. Live and learn!
THC bomb, what can I say about this magnificent strain. It performed well beyond my expectations. HUGE buds and tons of them. Excellent smoke. Shared some uncured weed with friends and they told me it was some of the best weed they ever smoked. Two hits of this is all you need. Nice high, no paranoia, very cerebral but mellow. Awesome! I highly recommend this strain.
It has rust colored streaks throughout the buds. Sweet smell which reminds me of earl gray tea.but a underlying smell of diesel fuel spilled on earth. Hard to describe but very interesting. It has become more sweet smelling with the curing. I needed four cases of wide mouth quart mason jars to hold the weed. Word of advice, smoke after opening and closing 48 mason jars! Overall a very good grow, a ton of hard work, but it was worth it.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom