THC, caramel and temperature

PlantManager

Hi guys. I've been playing with chocolates quite a bit lately and was thinking of bringing caramel into the mix. Seeing how it's made with sugar and butter, it's just another ingredient we can infuse with the butter.

To make caramel though, you boil the butter/sugar combo. I know thc is damaged at higher temps. Is caramel even possible or do the high temps ruin any thc in there?

No way man you'd be totally fine. When making candies you work with a thermometer. because you need to keep your sugars with in a certain range for each type. Hard candies you work around 300 to 320 degrees F. Then with soft candies You go to around 230 to 250 degrees F. so even if you where making hard candies you'd be all set. Caramel of course being a soft candy.

so all you have to do is whip up a nice yummy batch and post it on here. Oh dont forget to share. :cool:

I would say Carmels is the very best way !!
My fav of all I have tried. am currently into HArd Candys. and Choco Rice Krispys.
don't exceed 320 degrees or the THC FLASHES off.
let temp drop to 260 degrees & add teh cannabutter.
Luck,
Slag

Hello :) i would like to try making the cannabis caramels for the first time but I'm confused when it comes to the dosages. Cookie recipes always give you the amount of servings so you can easily calculate what mg per cookie you would like, but how do you do that for caramels? I'm not sure how many pieces ill get out of it, lets say a recipe is asking for 1 cup of cannabutter. What if i cut them too small, too big? i would like them at 10mg per serving, my bud is 10% potency as well.

Back
Top Bottom