THC in pollen?

mistergreen60

This may be a dumb question, but I have a male plant I let flower to pollinate a female WW I have. (I'm looking for a lot of seeds, so I don't need to worry about ordering any for a while). Anyway, I'm killing the male this weekend, as he has served his purpose. Should I just compost him, or is there any THC in the pollen. I know there is likely a minimal amount, but is it worth saving for anything other than future pollinations? :smokin:

There is minimal THC in pollen, but male plants can and do exhibit some degree of resination despite being males. I have made some fine canna butter using discarded males, but it is nowhere as potent as that made from females. And yes, slow cured males can give a nice smoke. One year I ringbarked a male, with the result that all the foliage went yellow. I harvested and slow dried the foliage, and it turned out a lovely amber colour with a very cool smoke. It was a natural cure. That is why some folks use the yellow leaves at harvest, slow dried, as a substitute for tobacco.

Thank you for giving us the definition; I'm feeling lazy and didn't look it up.
To remove the bark from a tree in a ring all the way around its trunk, normally killing the tree (because nutrients are carried through the phloem, the layers immediately under the bark, which layers are damaged by the process).

I figured that out once I saw the defintion :)
Thanks Moose,
I will use this for sure next time I have to put down a Moma or other Large 'en.

Herb,
I was gonna be lazy and ask him what that was,
then figure with all this new PcPower, bandwidth and XP
what da' hell I'll do it myself.

Back
Top Bottom