THC Ministry: What are your thoughts?

SkinnyMike

I recently checked out the THC Ministry website, after seeing the banner ad on the top of the site. After looking through the site, I have come to the conclusion that it is a scam.

1) I have never heard of this so-called THC Ministry, and I highly doubt these success stories of people all over the country pulling out their cards and not being arrested

2) This so called court document looks like it was photoshopped. https://www.thc-ministry.org/BLAKE/PC-stateversusblake3.jpg . I have seen scanned documents and you can tell they are on paper. This appears to be created in an image editing program.

3) There have been many cases in the US where people claim religious use of marijuana, including the Rasta religion, and are still punished.

4) I have never seen any REAL religion that REQUIRES money to become a member. Sure most churches have collection plates, but no one is forced to give money to become a member.

5) Their website is very unprofessional looking.

I may be wrong, but this seems like nothing more than a scam to me. Does anyone have any evidence to back me up OR to prove me wrong? I'd like your opinions on either side of the issue.

Thanks

Church of Reality (Church of Reality) is filling out the proper paperwork from the DEA to have marijuana considered a part of their religion.

They are the only ones I know of.

Ahh, good point, but in todays world people who get away with things like this make corruption obvious where the classic advertising people give you money and you dont ask questions as long as the cash flows.

I've always heard about it (THC ministries) but never heard of anybody who was actually IN it... That being said, I have never heard of anyone actually being screwed out of money by it... I just don't know.:hmmmm:

That's interesting. I like the idea, in fact my religion is one that I made up. It's not a religion, though. It's spirituality. My faith in myself, not a church.

Anyways, I've always used herb as a catalyst for my spirituality. I'd love for my beliefs to be respected. Unfortunately, that's not gonna' happen with just a card and my opinions. It would be a huge legal issue.

:peace: Earth Child

Oh yeah, by the way, Anass. I'm diggin' the Thompson quote. It's one of my favorites.

I'm pretty much the same way Earth Child, I don't have any so called religious views but I believe in mother nature and life. I used to live next to some trails through the woods last year and every day when I got up I would take a stroll through the woods and smoke to bring on the day.

I'm pretty much the same way Earth Child, I don't have any so called religious views but I believe in mother nature and life. I used to live next to some trails through the woods last year and every day when I got up I would take a stroll through the woods and smoke to bring on the day.

I'm really into self worship. Putting your faith into yourself is a more direct approach to achieve spirituality. You are the layer of your own track. Buddhism has always made more sense to me than any modern monotheistic religion. It seem to put more emphasis on self elightenment as opposed to being on this rollercoaster ride that some being far off has already chipped into stone not to be changed. Why repent for things that youve already done when you can learn from your mistakes and better yourself. Praying to a potential nothingness never settled with me. Marijuana seems to enhance the spiritual connection I have with myself. I think more clearly and it allows me to explore the inner most caverns of my mind. Live and let live. Not live and let die.

Sorry for being off topic but I had to go off on that tangent.

Jake, I'd like to talk to you about this sometime if you're cool with it.
I wrote a story about a year ago. Only three pages. About what I believe. Not exactly it, it's actually meant to challenge any current faith you have, just to make you really think about it. I think it's pretty decent.

If you want to read it, PM me or something.

More than likely it is just a novelty, it certainly could not stand up in court as it is not an official document and I don't think it will give you a free pass with the police. It is probably just good to show your drinking friends.

This topic is good because there are many cultures & peoples who use herbs to enhance their spiritual experience as a part of their belief...this country tolerates drinking at religous functions...2 bad MJ is an outcast. I would not send a penny to that ministry or the one in Hawaii because in the long run they will have very little impact in changing this countries view on pot. BTW there is more religious intolerance in the world than ever and thinking this may be a ticket to free MJ use...Not gonna happen while Bush & the Supreme court seem intent on changing every law to suit their sensibilities in spite of our so called freedoms.

I'm really into self worship. Putting your faith into yourself is a more direct approach to achieve spirituality. You are the layer of your own track. Buddhism has always made more sense to me than any modern monotheistic religion. It seem to put more emphasis on self elightenment as opposed to being on this rollercoaster ride that some being far off has already chipped into stone not to be changed. Why repent for things that youve already done when you can learn from your mistakes and better yourself. Praying to a potential nothingness never settled with me. Marijuana seems to enhance the spiritual connection I have with myself. I think more clearly and it allows me to explore the inner most caverns of my mind. Live and let live. Not live and let die.

Sorry for being off topic but I had to go off on that tangent.

Wow, you and I have a lot in common, in that sense. I basically worship myself. Not in the "I am an all powerful God who controls the world" kind of way like some people may. But, the way I look at it, the only thing I know for sure exists and has control over my life is... me. I've never understood the urge people have to throw responsibility on an imaginary person. The idea that you can't do something alone is sad. The fact is that you can do it by yourself, if you put your faith into your own abilities and not the power of some god.

That's exactly how I am, guys. Wanna' start a religion? It'd be the freest one in the world. No specific rules or guidlines. So I guess a philosophy more than anything. For free thinking and free living.

Right on, guys.

hey i'm ordained. just call me Reverend User. Or if you prefer The Most Reverend User.

of course i do expect all of you to send in 10% of your income, cash check or herb will be fine.

The confessional is always open for you sinners to tell me your sordid little stories. Your gonna love the incense and the anointing oils. Weekly POTlucks are a must.

And God said "Its All Good".

Reverend_User.jpg

Bless You My Children

hey i'm ordained. just call me Reverend User. Or if you prefer The Most Reverend User.

of course i do expect all of you to send in 10% of your income, cash check or herb will be fine.

The confessional is always open for you sinners to tell me your sordid little stories. Your gonna love the incense and the anointing oils. Weekly POTlucks are a must.

And God said "Its All Good".

Reverend_User.jpg

Bless You My Children
:adore: :rocker: :tommy: 🤘 Ganja Blessings to all earth's children and a happy 4/20's evening to all...may we hear wisdom from you Most Reverend User on the eve of such a significant day as 420?:cheesygrinsmiley:

...may we hear wisdom from you Most Reverend User on the eve of such a significant day as 420?:cheesygrinsmiley: [/COLOR][/B]

On the eve of this most sacred of days it is well that we pause and think back on all the wonderful things that The Tree Of Life has done for us.

Healing for our bodies and minds.
A safe means of ReCreation.
For the friends that it has brought us.
For laughter it has brought us, perhaps the best medicine.

We should also thank the herbs most humble servant 420 for providing us with the sanctuary from a sometimes unkind world to live in.

Toke my Brothers and Sisters.
Toke and rejoice.

In honor of this my first 4/20 among you fellow believers I would like to take this opportunity to mark this day by declaring a Saint.

I can think of none more deserving of Herbal Sainthood than our departed sister in the faith Fulla Nayak.

fulla_nayak.jpg
A 125-year-old woman, said to be one of the oldest women in India, died at her home in Orissa. Fulla Nayak claimed that smoking cannabis every day was her secret to long life. A resident of Kanarpur village in the coastal district of Kendrapada, she died of old age complications. The grand old woman lived in a small mud-walled thatched house in Kanarpur, about 25 km from the district headquarters. She is survived by two of her four daughters and around two dozen relatives. Fulla was known for her love of smoking ganja and cigars and palm juice. She also loved steaming hot tea. She had never suffered any debilitating ailment throughout her life. Except for her weak eyesight, Fulla maintained good health and used to walk without support.

I am also please to declare RangerDanger Storyteller Most Excellent and keeper of the wooded paths. Journey Well.

So tomorrow as you each celebrate the holiday in your own special way, reach out to someone in need and share the herb.

Reverend_User.jpg

Peace On Earth, Good Herb To All.... Reverend User

:adore: Amen!...thanks 420 for 420 magazine and Happy 420 to everyone...let's get torched!!!:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom