THC Molecule

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Ever wondered what a THC molecule looks like.

thc.gif

The chemical compound tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is a psychoactive substance found in cannabis, .

Its molecular formula is C21H30O2, with a molecular weight of 314.45. Its chemical name is tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-1-ol, and it may also be known as (L)-delta-1-tetrahydrocannibinol, or trans-delta-1-tetrahydrocannibinol. It has a boiling point of 200°C (392°F). It has a LD50 of 1270 mg/kg (male rats), 730 mg/kg (female rats) orally (administered dissolved in sesame oil).

21 Carbon atoms
30 Hydrogen atoms
2 Oxygen atoms

They should test on humans not rats. That all we need, rats running around with high tolerances to weed and pesticides.
Have you ever seen a rat high off of weed?

Damn, my post wasn't half as clever once I read the "m" in milligram.

Ah, but what a way to go!

When my rat gets high he chews holes in anything he can get his claws on. He chewed a hole in the bottem of a waterbottle, only to get shot in the face with all the water that shot out of it from the pressure. She was a cutie. R.I.P. Jasie...

I am very eager to see what the future of medicine holds around the globe. They are experimenting with THC more and more now. This plant that we all experience is a blessing that is one day going to make this world a cleaner and safer place. Ron Paul in 08' :passitleft:

excellent picture - thanks for the post.

I question the lethal dose numbers though. I cant imagine .13% of body weight ingested THC would kill anyone let alone 1/2 the people that ate it.

This is the equivalent of a 200 pound man eating a little less than a QP (113grams)

It's probably the sesame oil that killed the rats :)

There are so many individuals within the medical field that are all for legalizing this sweet leaf for medicinal use. The MPP gives quite a bit of information about the movement. Ron Paul is someone that I never really would have considered voting for until I did a little digging. He honestly gives me hope. I would trust this dude, for sure. I have quite a few years of working ahead of me and would like to enjoy my money and not lose 40% to taxes that don't help me one bit.......:peace:

I would merrily submit as the test candidate for new human LD50 doses, as long as it was not the US government performing the test. Being the equivalent of a human consuming nearly 1500 pounds in 15 minutes, they would of course enclose you into a phone booth while pumping all in at once. As you suffocated from oxygen displacement, they would say "see the marijuana killed him- case closed".

The only deaths attributed to marijuana are the recent transplant denials as the recipients "used medical marijuana in the past". These fools should be tried for murder.

Khuluna's post of May '07 said he "was on it" for making a pipe. You out there K? Did you submit a pic to Lotus or other glass maker or anything? Does look like they could make a lay down bong, double bowl with bubble chamber or something. CU.

^Hey K, thats awesome you blow your own glass. I am Engineering/Technical type and have no obvious links to the creative half of brain, so can only look at artist/musicians and such in awe. If it were me, I'd probably have the worlds largest collection of non-functional pipes.
Glass would be 1st choice of course being the most difficult and cleanest, and like you, I think plastic sucks. What about maybe ceramic as an intermediate choice? Seems would be much easier to work/form, then just fire to cure. Assuming of course someone like you with the basic creative skills as a start could try. I do see ceramic pipes out there, so am unaware the downsides.

Back
Top Bottom