Thc Pills!

Hi all. I have done this about a dozen times over the past year or so, and trust me it works.

Things I use:
1)Crock pot with settings of keep warm, low, and high
2)small ceramic coffee cup, Pyrex cup, shot glass, or whatever to hold the oil
3)capsule filler (hold 50 caps to make filling easier)
4)coffee grinder
5)eye dropper
6)teaspoon and a super small spatula or putty knife(slightly flexible is best)
7)raw organic all natural coconut oil
8)1/8 herb
9)00 size gelatin capsules(get online with cap filler, about $20 with shipping)
10)small strainer, mesh or metal

*don't use vegetarian capsules, they have a habit of melting from the oil

Step 1:
Let you weed sit out over night until it is completely dry. A few hours before you start take the coco oil out of the fridge to soften up. Grind the herb in your coffee grinder(if it is still wet it will stick to the grinder). Pump it though, running it strong for 2 minutes could generate heat in some but I doubt it would degrade it much if at all.

Step 2:
Put 3.5 tsp of oil into the cup and place in the crockpot on low. Once it has melted pour the powdered cannabis in with it. Make sure to scrape all the nooks of your grinder. A lot of kief will get stuck in it that you don't want to miss. Stir it in, cover the crock pot, and wait.

Step 3:
Every hour and a half or so open it up and stir. Do this for at least a couple of hours. If you want to speed up the process you can prebake the ground weed in the oven at 300-325 degrees for 5 minutes. Otherwise you need to do it for a longer period of time to convert the THC. I don't do this though because of the risk of vaping it. I usually let mine go overnight (about 12 hours). I'll stir for the first 4 or 5 hours, go to bed, then when I wake up I finish.

Step 4:
Remove the cup from the crock pot and strain the oil from the plant matter through the small strainer into another cup. Let cool for about an hour. If it is too warm it will melt the caps. Place 15 caps in the filler machine. Using the eye dropper put 10 drops of oil into each one. Now using the small spatula or knife scoop up some of the herb and place it in the capsules to fill them to the top.

*if you don't have a steady hand or if you are doing very large quatities just put the plant matter on the filler machine and use a clean credit card or something similar to scrape it over the caps and fill them. This causes a lot of waste though and is messy. The caps will be covered in oil.

Step 5:
Keep repeating the fill process with individual caps until you are out of oil and herb. I usually end up with about 20 capsules. I then put them in a small container and store in the fridge. I used to put them in the freezer but after a few weeks they start giving me headaches for some reason, so I believe it degrades them.

Step 6:
Lick the coffee cup clean :) and pop 1 pill. You'll be good for hours.

someone also mentioned that capsules didn't work for them because of their tolerance. It all depends on the person. For me these will get me nice and high, while it will totally wreck some of my friends. Then there are others that need 4 or 5 to feel a buzz. Body weight is a factor, and tolerance, but then there are some people who just don't get effected like others by eating weed. Just experiment and have your friends sample before you make a bunch of batches and waste your money.

It is not a question of tolerance.
I have met several high-volume users who were convinced that Cannabrex Capsules would not have any effect on them. The best of them could barely walk or talk after 4 Cannabrex 3X Platinum Capsules.

It is a question of metabolism. i have encountered several people who are not affected by edibles, no matter how high the dosage. Without the proper scientific background or tests being conducted, I would venture to guess that there are certain people with a certain type of metabolism who are unaffected by THC when eaten. It is rare, but these people are around...

Like Jebus2029 says, don't forget to lick your fingers and the container after you are done filling. Some mistakes I have made in the past usually relate to being in too much of a hurry,such as not cleaning and grinding the herb enough, and once, by using too much herb, as it does need oil to extract the goodies into.
Question: Should one err on too much herb, or too much oil?
I gotta make some more this week as I have two friends with back injuries and one with cancer getting teatment. Two of them are out of work, out of money and out of any medical insurance or workmens comp. We must all look out for our friends.

If I had to err one way or the other I'd want to put too much herb in the mix. I feel as long as it is wet throughout (not just moist) it will be able to activate all the thc. Since the plant matter also goes into the pill I wouldn't worry about it. They will just be super potent. If you go the other way you may be taking a lot of pills to get a weaker effect.

Has anyone here done a test by varying the oil and herbal content of the same batch?
I will have to try doing that sometime, as when I lick the oil off my fingers, I can get pretty darn high.

If I had to err one way or the other I'd want to put too much herb in the mix. I feel as long as it is wet throughout (not just moist) it will be able to activate all the thc. Since the plant matter also goes into the pill I wouldn't worry about it. They will just be super potent. If you go the other way you may be taking a lot of pills to get a weaker effect.

I, OtOH, would rather err on the side of not enough herb. I would rather end up with weaker capsules that you had to double up the dose on then to have ones that, while being strong enough, had material that was not properly taken into the oil. I'd rather have the actives absorbed into my system than see them digested.

I see what you're saying about not wanting them too strong. I personally like a single cap be enough, and if it is stronger than what I would normally want them to be then I save them for the weekend :cool: I wouldn't worry about not enough oil though. You would have to use a high weed to oil ratio to get it to that. 1g to 1tsp is perfect for me, but if I could afford it I would probably do 1.5g or maybe even 2g to 1 tsp. That may be a bit much though. I've never actually tried it before.

okay dude, this is amazing. But i got a few questions,
i've been searching for those empty gelatin pill sleeves online...
1. I can't find them anywhere online, where did you get them.
2. What do you mean with the pills with filters?

im going to try this next week so let me know asap.

Thanks!

I just made another small batch, only this time I used an "Ezy Dose Spoon Dropper" that I found in the market with the medicines and stuff. It saved a heck of a lot of mess. By keeping the mixture well mixed when loading the dropper, I was able to get a good even fill of each 00 capsule. Sorry I don't have a camera to show you. You may want to give it a try.

Do the pills have to be refrigerated for keeping? I'm looking for a method that does not require refrigerated storage of the pills. Any thoughts?

Okae , im pretty sure i got everything down , and i appericate all the help . But i think i need a few questions answered.
After you take it outta the microwave and shit (when its tar likee) do you put it into the cappsules like right after or could you just put it in the fridge and like it sit for an hour and grind it up to a powder and then put it in the cappsules ? Im just very curious. Cause i would think if you put the tar like substance into the cappsule right after , it would be too hott ? idk , pleasee get backk to mee!

I was reading this Forum And thats When I Decided To Join... I Am One Of Those People That Cant get High Off Of Eating Weed. I Went To A Dispensary In Michigan And Got A Batch Of Medical Brownies. 12 of them That night I took 10 Of Them.. I Didn't feel shit. My Girlfriend Ate The other Two. And In About An Hour she Wouldn't Shut The Fuck Up About How High She Was.. I Tried Again With Some Cookies i Made And Yup Can't Get Stoned Off of Eating Them. So I Rolled A Blunt And Smoked It lol.https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/meatballs.gif

You Should Be Able To Store The Pills In An Airtight Container In A Dark Cool Place. The Longest Shelf Life Outside Of A Fridge/Freezer Storage system.

Back
Top Bottom