THC potency test kits

Martin1981

Anyone knows any good THC potency test kits in Europe, which don't cost a fortune? I looked at alpha-cat and it's 330€ for 10-40 tests, that looks crazy money. Sorry if I posted to the wronf forum.

I don't think they have anything that is very accurate yet that is economical at the same time, maybe technology will come up with something but places that need exact numbers have to send it to a lab that has very expensive equipment. That and a few threads around here where folks talk about there is more to the "effect" than just THC numbers and a bit more complex than that, as I have smoked stuff from the Dispensaries here that the stuff that was 16% kicked as hard or harder than some that was over 25%. Similar to a wine and a beer and a liquor all at 6% alcohol (or different kinds of grain alcohol at same proof number) can give you a "different" kind of effect even though all the same "number".

I don't think they have anything that is very accurate yet that is economical at the same time, maybe technology will come up with something but places that need exact numbers have to send it to a lab that has very expensive equipment. That and a few threads around here where folks talk about there is more to the "effect" than just THC numbers and a bit more complex than that, as I have smoked stuff from the Dispensaries here that the stuff that was 16% kicked as hard or harder than some that was over 25%. Similar to a wine and a beer and a liquor all at 6% alcohol (or different kinds of grain alcohol at same proof number) can give you a "different" kind of effect even though all the same "number".

So probably it's the strain what matters, not only the number?

So probably it's the strain what matters, not only the number?

Yes and a host of other variables in my opinion. But just how I feel about how much "meaning" the numbers have, lots of folks around here in a Legal State probably shop by that, I'm old school and go more by the look and smell. I mean it would be cool to find out what I grow falls into for % numbers but it's not worth paying over $100 per sample to send it to a Lab to get results. So guess personally I see little need to know other than curiosity, unless you are required by law to do so and in that case you stuck with a Lab as I'm sure no govt. would allow those type of tests. Imagine you could get a range number, but how close to actual it would be is hard to say with those 'home type tests" (or what I have heard as I no experience myself with those self tests out there, but my Sister works for a Hemp place that have tried various things on the market to pre-test their stuff and they ended up getting something a Lab would use as everything they tried wasn't very accurate/consistent at all).

Back
Top Bottom