SPARECHANGE

has anyone found the intel on how much thc can be dissolved in how much ethanol? regardless of how much one is dealing with, if the ethanol is saturated and one prefers the strength of minimal washes... one might be throwing away significant product.
also- the "Lebanese blonde", left on the 40micron filters- under magnification, it looks like tails. it's pure crystal and alot of it. i just toss it into the next batch. i can't tell if it's terpenes, or goods, but there's no lack of potency, in my end result. being an rso regular, i no longer feel a buzz, except on new batch days. meaning i can't just smoke those tails, to figure out what's in it. it's not dissolved so am i not using enough ethanol: saturated? or what's up with that blonde and what are you doin, with yours?
don't forget, if one freezes, SOLUBILITY drops...
oh, and those of you who tire of filtration: buchner funnel!
thanks, in advance,
-spare

has anyone found the intel on how much thc can be dissolved in how much ethanol? regardless of how much one is dealing with, if the ethanol is saturated and one prefers the strength of minimal washes... one might be throwing away significant product.
also- the "Lebanese blonde", left on the 40micron filters- under magnification, it looks like tails. it's pure crystal and alot of it. i just toss it into the next batch. i can't tell if it's terpenes, or goods, but there's no lack of potency, in my end result. being an rso regular, i no longer feel a buzz, except on new batch days. meaning i can't just smoke those tails, to figure out what's in it. it's not dissolved so am i not using enough ethanol: saturated? or what's up with that blonde and what are you doin, with yours?
don't forget, if one freezes, SOLUBILITY drops...
oh, and those of you who tire of filtration: buchner funnel!
thanks, in advance,
-spare

I use de-carbed rosin to make an RSO equivalent. I mix it with coconut oil to get the proper strength, and put it into capsules. I used the formula 1 rice sized grain = rosin from 1/4 gm flower after counting the grains used in a course of Rick Simpson's treatments.

In my opinion pressing rosin is safer than using volatile solvents to perform extractions. I think Rick would have used a rosin press if that process had been known when he came up with his treatments.

If a tincture is needed the appropriate amount of rosin can be dissolved in ethanol, for a much lower cost than performing an alcohol extraction and boiling off the alcohol. Here in Canada, the cost of 95% (190 proof) ethanol is over $75 USD per quart! The only way to lower the cost is to distill your own.

so that's a no, then. how's the gdp behaving, for u?

for us, it's a fraction of the cost of opioids, heart meds, travel, etc, so it's not even a factor, anymore. appreciate where your head is, though. cost is often a huge factor, for many. I've found that basically a paint brush stroke of my regular oil, 3x a day, is enough. anything more, doesn't add more relief, for me. it equates to roughly 4-4.5mg a day, in ttl. now, yesterday's run... as new run days, are the only days i notice differences- pretty sure it was some banana og that a broken ph pen was responsible for makin "airbud" out of... came out around 14% thc vs expectations above 20 & i gotta admit that while i did skip my noon dose, unscathed: i felt nothing. that, was a first.

It's still growing.

If you don't get an answer you could drop rosin into alcohol until you reach the saturation point.

The crystals may be THC. High mesh filter bags (37-25 micron) are used to separate the THC (diamonds) from the rest (sauce).

It's still growing.

If you don't get an answer you could drop rosin into alcohol until you reach the saturation point.

The crystals may be THC. High mesh filter bags (37-25 micron) are used to separate the THC (diamonds) from the rest (sauce).
i did try rosin and everything else, under the sun. unfortunately, it was the pricey rso, was the only thing to do it, for me.
i found that shopbvv.com and what is now, stainless steel Express- has ethanol as cheap as i can find: @$65 u.s., per gallon. I'm not sure, but for those who enjoy toxins, i don't think that's much more.

i did try rosin and everything else, under the sun. unfortunately, it was the pricey rso, was the only thing to do it, for me.
i found that shopbvv.com and what is now, stainless steel Express- has ethanol as cheap as i can find: @$65 u.s., per gallon. I'm not sure, but for those who enjoy toxins, i don't think that's much more.

Rosin needs to be de-carbed to change the acid versions of the cannabinoids into a form our receptors can accept. This is done when you extract the oil with solvents during the last stage where the temperature is allowed to rise and boil off any water.

do you have a gdp journal, here? link?
I'm aero, tented. 2x3000k led's. currently, ghost train haze, northbound train, godfather og (doesn't appreciate humidity), atf, cbd glue tide c2 & white widow xtrm (actually maintained ph pen issue- defect, in its next generation).

your awards are admirable.

i reread one of ur tips. i found the cleanest way, for me- as opposed to ruining another steamer- is to use the mbe2, at 180°F so i can set n forget and if it runs long, isn't too hot... but as i already had the nova, i decarb, with that, first. to get my dosing n thc lvl %'s easy- the qp limitations (roughly)... i just do 100gr runs, now, anyway- due to the sizes of those and i know u know- usin hundreds, makes it easy. even with the buchner funnel- 100gr, makes filtration times, negligible, now, as opposed to 3hrs...
anyway, i mean to say that by my thinking and the oils workin- i wasn't fully decarbing, in the still process. plus, it's alot less chlorophyll. u might try decarbing, first, freezing flower, with dry ice and then, check ur color/lab out...

I used to have a link to some lab info on this subject but their site has been reworked and it’s gone. But what I retained from it

“In 70% ethyl, THC is soluble at 20.2mg/ml”

Thus you can put 606 mg of THC in 1 fl oz of 70% ethanol

Note that this is assuming THC extract and not bud or some other raw material which would add various other soluble substances to the mix.

it's genius! that's the most I've ever heard. so basically NOBODY needs to worry, whether they're usin enough booze, with those factors... unless they're actually rerunning completed oil. it would never occur to me to b that "brave", or "retarded"... depending on whether "WE!" just invented the next POST-IT.

i don't think even freezing temps, could f up those kinda percentages.

Take it with a grain of salt. It’s just something I read in a lab report online and conditions vary. No reason to think it’s not true - but you could probably get a sense of whether it is or not just from messing around with concoctions.

right. ty. i figured the only way, just to settle my own curiosity, would be to start dripping measured droplets into a vile, with measured-previous end result, taking for granted, it's in the 90s... and when it becomes fully dissolved, I'd know, but 6hundred-some... even quartered- if ur covering your initial deposit: it'd be enough.

I used to have a link to some lab info on this subject but their site has been reworked and it’s gone. But what I retained from it

“In 70% ethyl, THC is soluble at 20.2mg/ml”

Thus you can put 606 mg of THC in 1 fl oz of 70% ethanol

Note that this is assuming THC extract and not bud or some other raw material which would add various other soluble substances to the mix.
funny... i was doin the math, n my head, in the krapper, goin over ur comment. it's like the fibonacci sequence, of pot! 600ish mgx 70%... so i thought 6x70... 420! :D

lookin to see if your threads can be stalked, with your recollection, of figures. have a link? I'll b your something about mary, pizza guy.

just your experience. i remember the most trivial figures, that way so i figure you're usin similar techniques to draw from. not just throwin puu at the wall, kinda intel.

o ok. i have those open n new windows. ty!

Back
Top Bottom