o shyt. i didn't think last night's banana og oil, was workin; 13ish% plant, from a nov grow, with ph issues. I'm having some missing time & equilibrium issues, this morning!

AND I COULDN'T SAVE THE GENETICS! it was my farewell to autos!

I used to have a link to some lab info on this subject but their site has been reworked and it’s gone. But what I retained from it

“In 70% ethyl, THC is soluble at 20.2mg/ml”

Thus you can put 606 mg of THC in 1 fl oz of 70% ethanol

Note that this is assuming THC extract and not bud or some other raw material which would add various other soluble substances to the mix.
I've spent days, contemplating this. I'm sure it'll end up in the calculator, after I'm finished obsessing. but for those who didn't instantly start counting toes- 600gr would mean drowning the equivalent of around 12000gr so... carry the pinky toe and we're talkin about what? 30lbs? worth of thc in a "shot" of absinthe (some r 140+ proof).

o shyt. i didn't think last night's banana og oil, was workin; 13ish% plant, from a nov grow, with ph issues. I'm having some missing time & equilibrium issues, this morning!
my bad. 6lbs, in a shot. but it's a fkn lot- in a shotz worth of booze.

i know- i caught THAT, too. shot's prolly 100x 1ml...

There are 29.5735 ml in a fluid oz...
20.2mg/ml * 29.5735ml = 597.3847mg
at a 15% rate of return. this corresponds to 3982.56467mg or just shy of 4gms of flower.
at a 13% rate of return. this corresponds to 4595.26692mg or just over 4.5gms of flower.

Now, if you actually only used 1 fluid ounce of ethanol to wash 4gm of flower, how much would you lose to it coating the flower? This is probably why several times that amount is usually used when making your oils.

has anyone found the intel on how much thc can be dissolved in how much ethanol? regardless of how much one is dealing with, if the ethanol is saturated and one prefers the strength of minimal washes... one might be throwing away significant product.
also- the "Lebanese blonde", left on the 40micron filters- under magnification, it looks like tails. it's pure crystal and alot of it. i just toss it into the next batch. i can't tell if it's terpenes, or goods, but there's no lack of potency, in my end result. being an rso regular, i no longer feel a buzz, except on new batch days. meaning i can't just smoke those tails, to figure out what's in it. it's not dissolved so am i not using enough ethanol: saturated? or what's up with that blonde and what are you doin, with yours?
don't forget, if one freezes, SOLUBILITY drops...
oh, and those of you who tire of filtration: buchner funnel!
thanks, in advance,
-spare

I use 1 liter of ethanol to 4 liters of bud. Mix the two together. Agitate for 5 minutes, then strain through a metal strainer to get the big pieces of material out. Then run the mix through a Buchner funnel with paper filter under vacuum to get all the fine bits out. I take that and stick it in the freezer over night. This basically solidifies any lipids/fats that made it past the filter. Some call this "winterizing". I run that through the Buchner one more time. Then take that and distill it. I separate the Ethanol from the goodies, recovering the ethanol for reuse. Once ethanol is gone, take resulting crude oil and put on a hot plate in a beaker to decarb. Run under vacuum with stirring rod moving until the co2 bubbles stop popping.

This yields about 10% crude oil (a.k.a. RSO). No ethanol, as it was evaped, and recaptured at about 75%. If I had enough weed being processed, I toss the material into a panda and get well better than the 75%, but I'm only dealing with 300 grams at a time or so.

An interesting experiment that I have done. Take some spent press material and run it through the above process. You'll get about 2% yield, instead of the typical 10%. But still. Talking about getting every last bit out!

Attachments

• C2647E64-CA7B-4E0C-95B0-F710DE201578.jpeg
    C2647E64-CA7B-4E0C-95B0-F710DE201578.jpeg
    532.1 KB · Views: 211
thanks, so much!

actually hadn't tried the winterizing. heard of it- never thought to seek out the directions so thank u. i hope u kept a copy of that. was alot to throw down.

I'll touch on mine, in any differing areas n maybe you'll find a nug, for your time so ty!.

couple wks ago- wish i could credit the source, but forget- anyway, he dry ices, the ENTIRE PROCESS. u want to booze it up, again- do so, but stick it back on ice. he tested his color (i was focussing on chlorophyll...), every so often n these were his results: 10min, SUPER CLEAN, shaking, every 5-10min and returning to ice. shortest run, i think- 10min= cleanest, lowest return. 15- happy medium of output and color, but mildly darker, nevertheless. his 30min- still better than AWESOME clinic oil, color wise and highest returns. differences were never less than a 2% diff. so while i started

now i get what ur sayin and the winterizin, was an intriguing, new, proposition 4 ME... but based on that fell's experiment- the potency, already and THE FACT I NEED IT, TODAY... i gotta stick with this.

I'm wondering about the crap left over- i used to do a qp batch- when i used the cooker. it had the space... but with the buchner makin it so much quicker- & the fact that the only day i can actually feel a buzz- being permeated with oil: is new batch days. don't ask me y. i don't always eat the tortilla i swab out the leftovers with so that's not it.

thie stuff that looks like bubble hash. it's the tails... I'm wondering, as it may only b the support structure for the thc "bubble", if it's just crystalized wax? i can't tell and smokin won't tell ME, either.

color looks awesome! it ain't GREEN!

i don't have a pic of today's cause it's never back n a jar, anymore.

now, if it's the same, 4 u... u might downsize the process so u can enjoy "new" day, more often ;D .

this is a trick i learned, cleaning BIG mess: u know a z fits easily, in a mason jar so i drilled holes, in the tops of 2... small- maybe 1/8". hand break up whatever- i go with 100gr, to make the calculations easy- it fits in 2 jars... i know a basic thc percentage, via return n no decimal places to mess with. i can just use my toes. when u go to pour, it filters enough that there's barely anything in the coffee filter, besides those "tails"... it helps to contain the mess n limits liquid gold spillage. no more shielding the countertops!

i got my answer on the saturation question. basically, if u can cover it- regardless of temp, it'll b enough to not saturate the booze, entirely.

i tried the baseball bat, 2x4, blender n grinder. the handjob, seems the cleanest, TO ME.

now, i saved the last 4 runs- garbage so we'll c, today, whether i should b doin more than 2 washes.

lemme know other diffs, if u have time- c if we can't both benefit.
i go straight into the mbe2, from the washes.

broke the dam 2L flask that buchner fits on so today... the old school n long rte... sux. but the #4's fit right n the strainer that fits perfectly on mbe so we do what we can, with what we... don't BREAK!

I think you might be confusing terms. "Tails" is the end of a distillation run. What you are lookin at is the fats/lipids and waxes from the plant. I wouldn't smoke it, it would just coat your teeth mouth and lungs with fat/lips and wax, and you won't get high.

I'm assuming you are talking about the powdery stuff that is left in the funnel after you run the solvent through.

In the form the oil is in, the stuff you are eating and what not, its not at the stage yet where you'll get heads/body/tails. That comes in the next step of refining it.

As for the temps, if I could, I would have the ethanol at -60c, and also winterize it for 8 hours at -60c. That's what the dry ice almost accomplishes. I was able to use a scientific deep freeze rig at work for 1 batch, it was my cleanest batch yet.

Anyway, good info!

Substrate from the last crude oil run.

450CAAB9-367B-4504-B678-A25BE3A52DE8.jpeg

I was just thinking. I'm not sure why you aren't getting high each and every time you smoke it. How are you storing it? The only thing I can think is that its oxidizing, which means its turning to shit from the air. I keep my big stash in a vucuum sealed jar. I have a separate jar that has a rubber seal, that I use to pull dabs from. I would think you should be getting the same high every time, unless your oil is somehow degrading.

Substrate from the last crude oil run.

450CAAB9-367B-4504-B678-A25BE3A52DE8.jpeg

that's it! alright, well i really appreciate the free education man! it was killin me to feel like i was doin my part, with the research and you're the first, of hours n days of hunting, to know that's a haldfull of doggy surprise, right there and even belongs in the same place. I'm still crawling, here, without the proper gear, but I'll try to remember to go ahead n post the microscope view of what we're talkin about so nobody else has to debate molesting their oil, by tossin it back in, once u have your result

oh- unless ur doin somethin simpler- i stick it on the coffee warmer, in the smallest , stainless measuring cup i can, without spacing the whole contents and the syringe i fill the caps with, has a metal tip so- i go from measuring cup, to syringe, to capsule. the coffee pot is too hot- so it's a dance, for viscosity n low heat... otherwise, the syringes jam up.
thanks, again. just not knowing- I'm so ocd- it made me mental.

I was just thinking. I'm not sure why you aren't getting high each and every time you smoke it. How are you storing it? The only thing I can think is that its oxidizing, which means its turning to shit from the air. I keep my big stash in a vucuum sealed jar. I have a separate jar that has a rubber seal, that I use to pull dabs from. I would think you should be getting the same high every time, unless your oil is somehow degrading.
couldn't tell ya. i go from dry to cvaults. i figured the oil (first 2 days- highest I'd been n my life, without seein stuff...) was frying all my receptors so hardcore, it was too busy. u only have so many... regardless of whether it's mine, or clinic- ANY SHELF- ANY CONCENTRATE- if I'm on the oil, i feel nothin. so i figured new batch day- diff thugs in the entourage... perhaps affecting diff receptors? I'm no scholar so i truly haven't a clue, but I'm nearly 2 months, off a decade of opioid pain management so perhaps that's a factor.
i did actually find my local dispensary that isn't full of brick weed. i microscoped him, ash, moisture tested, etc. they're usin a grower who snips when i prefer and flushes. his oil is fantastic, but yours n mine r definitely cleaner.
nah- it's not degraded. my girl is on something, like hour 26, on roughly 2mg and she's still trashed. not freaked, anymore, but... she's got issues.

"help me"... hehehehe... I'm very lost. i thought I'd have more time and i wouldn't notice much. i ate the worm (remnants). so... 9.ummm 9....9grams. (. sigh. 9.9gr. 125 caps. my bad, on the dosing. guesstimate 7mg avg., but i forgot what i started with. one container ha... no. one had... see. so it doesn't look like I'm going to get an educated guess, on these gal's %ages. right? sigh... I'm pretty sure i nnneed that #. and thinner fingers, for days , like this.
I'm too trashed to do the rest.
twice swished, amnesia, c1.

yeah- sigh- this is what i needed, for the pain.
24:1 cbd- no bueno, for pain, via oil... with cbd glue tide : equilibrium genetics.
it does kill the lovely G's migraines, instantly, 1 puff, though.

drooling, n bed, laughing my ash off. that's a new one, for me.

interesting 5 min. the elevator has stopped goin up.

lil fyi- i had the last 4 batches worth of twice washed buds. i don't crush, or pulverize- too much chlorophyll got in, for my tastes. i threw em together... washed em. soon as they hit the filter- it just looked like hunter green, health food store, juice (nasty nasty). kept on the dry ice... many hrs and we'll c if it can't b coffee filtered out, the first go. if not- it's a stomach ache in a jar: garbage. careful.

Back
Top Bottom