THC Tincture

Thepurplem0nkey

My best friend (And a fellow med pot patient) and I are going to be making our own tincture soon. I like it because its fast acting, and you can use it just about anywhere, even on an airplane. We were thinking of making a large jug of it. We have a crapload of stems between the two of us, and are going to use those, as well as a few fat buds of some good indica. We are planning on letting it soak for 2 months in a cool, dry place. Anyone have any experience with this who can offer any tips? We were told to use a high alcohol content, so perhaps everclear, but im thinking grey goose or bacardi.
Also, anyone know if HASH will disolve, or be of any use, in a tincture? I ask because I have some awesome cold water indica hash that would be a nice addition to the mix, but I dont know if hash works with tinctures.
-PM

Marijuana Tincture Recipe

Items Needed:

Glass Jar - 1 Quart mason is ideal but any size will do

3 parts ground marijuana - leaf, bud, or shake

4 parts high proof alcohol - Everclear or Vodka

To make: Fill jar 3/4 full of herb, file rest of jar with alcohol, leave some room at top. Stir or shake jar 1 or 2 times a day for 2 weeks. Strain thru metal tea strainer or silk screen. You can use whatever kind of clean glass (not plastic) jar you have with a tight fitting lid. 1 Qt mason jars work great. Grind the herb thoroughly in a blender. It should be well ground but does not have to be powder. You can use leaf, bud, shake, leftovers from rolling joints. Leaf works fine but if you want to up the THC content add some shake or bud. Fill the jar 3/4 full of herb. It doesn't need to be exact. You can use anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 part herb, 3/4 will make a full strength tincture. Use the highest proof alcohol you can find. Everclear is 190 proof and is ideal but hard to find, if you cant find this use the highest proof vodka (or something you like the taste of) you can find. Pour the alcohol over the herb, filling the jar and leaving at least an inch or so at the top, so you will be able to shake it! Stir the mixture, the herb will absorb some of the alcohol so you might need to add more. Put the lid on tightly, label the contents and date you started it. It takes two weeks for the alcohol to extract all of the active elements from the herb. Shake the jar once or twice a day for 2 weeks. The alcohol will rise to the top and a deep green/red colour will develop. After 2 weeks of aging you can strain the mixture thru a metal tea strainer or silk screen into smaller tincture bottle with dropper. You can leave the rest in the jar if you want, it will age and mellow and will keep a long time! Alcohol is a strong preservative and will keep a long time. Be careful handling the tincture, it stains and will turn everything it comes in contact with green.

Dosage: varies per individual, but start with half a dropper dissolved in hot tea or water or whatever!

Adjust dosage from here! Hot tea will dissipate the alcohol and activate the THC a bit. :) Enjoy .........

i made some for my sister she suffers from knee pains due to some desise and i told her to get med but she does not want to smoke cuz she has 3 kids so i let some shake and a little bud like .6 grams and let it sit for a while. i gave it to her and she said that she is cured!!! she no longer has pains when she puts it on she says it takes the pain away fast and it feels good i used some on my back because i have very bad back pain and it did the job but i like to smoke but the mixture between both is awsome i told her to try tequilla with some weed she said she would but i have to go buy some so id rather just give her some vodka cuz its medicine anyway it doesnt need to taste good

and kief would work wonders with alchole but im not shur abiut hash cuz its all pressed i guess if you broke it down good it will work awsome

Back
Top Bottom