THC'Fnatic Auto NL - First Grow - Advice Welcome!

THC Fnatic

What's up guys well this is gonna be my first journal and posting on this site. Even tho I have been reading alot of things and learnt alot so far from this site :D . Anyways I'm growing Auto NL from Vision seeds. I have them in a Grow box about 30in /h/w/ . This is gonna be my first grow ever and im pretty excited about it. :cheer: . I am using CFL lights I have 2 atm I plan on getting more as they get bigger . I germinated 2 and both of them sprouted ! Even tho 1 took longer then the other :/ Now To be honest This is more of a Experimental grow & a Educational grow for me :yummy: I want to learn from this grow as of what i can do better n change in my future grows But I am hoping i'll be able to harvest one of these plants n smoke it :drool: . But anyways im gonna post pics and guys I'm open to Informational Criticism so don't hold your tongue

Here is my first Plant (Day 1)
1st_pic2.jpg

Second plant
2nd_plant.jpg

re: THC'Fnatic Auto NL - First Grow - Help!

2 sprouts out of 2 planted is a good start.

Now the hard part begins :D I just harvested one of mine from my first grow (It was a shitty harvest because of root rot).. and trust me, nothing is more exciting than smoking your own, that you worked hard for, grew yourself, cared for and loved for months, and you finally get to enjoy her effects.

Just make sure when someone gives you some advice, jump on it and do it, these guys know their stuff, and that's why my other 2 plants are still growing nicely :D

You'll definitely need more bulbs, so it's nice seeing you already planning to get more :D And you can grow totally smokeable and enjoyable Cannabis using just CFL bulbs. The difference between CFL and HPS/MH and LED is they'll have more yield.

Haha yea I hope these girls last long enough for me to smoke :D . & when do you think I should Get some more bulbs? And how many ? I also want to know is Rain water good to water them with?

Ok so this is Day 2 for my plants & ive seen some progress since yesterday. I removed the Seed casings as they were stuck on the plant and i think it was messing with them so i went ahead and misted it with some water and gently picked them off. I think they dried up to quick n stuck on them but anyways here are pics . Also guys im running the lights 20/4 Is that ok?

Day 2 (First Plant) "I think ill call her Mary" haha
20140523_134017.jpg

Top of the plant Also I noticed she is growing another set of leaves :D
20140523_133956.jpg

Day 1 (Second Plant) "Ill call her Dwafy" Since shes so small XD
20140523_134002.jpg

& This is what they inside of my "Grow Box" Built it myself :p
20140523_134045.jpg

At the size your plants are now, 1 single 23w or higher CFL will work, as long as it's about 1" away. And always check that distance twice a day, if the plant gets too close, it'll dry up in a matter of a few hours.

You should try to have as many bulbs as possible. Everyone's opinion varies widely on how many CFL bulbs to use, and what wattage. I personally used 4x 45w 6500K, 6x 23w just for 2 plants alone, I had another 5 bulbs going for the third plant that was just harvested.

In 1-2 weeks, depending how fast they grow, I'd add another 2 bulbs per plant. What wattage bulbs are you using now?

I don't know about rain water for Cannabis, but I've heard of tons of gardeners using it for their backyard gardens/flowers.

You'll definitely need to transplant those also, for pot size, assume about 1 gallon/3.78L of planter volume for every 12"/30cm that your plant will grow. (Some have had successful grows in tiny containers, but I won't risk it for my grows)

It looks like the inside of your grow box found your weed stash. I see nothing but a blur. :D

Re: THC'Fnatic Auto NL - First Grow - Help!

At the size your plants are now, 1 single 23w or higher CFL will work, as long as it's about 1" away. And always check that distance twice a day, if the plant gets too close, it'll dry up in a matter of a few hours.

You should try to have as many bulbs as possible. Everyone's opinion varies widely on how many CFL bulbs to use, and what wattage. I personally used 4x 45w 6500K, 6x 23w just for 2 plants alone, I had another 5 bulbs going for the third plant that was just harvested.

In 1-2 weeks, depending how fast they grow, I'd add another 2 bulbs per plant. What wattage bulbs are you using now?

I don't know about rain water for Cannabis, but I've heard of tons of gardeners using it for their backyard gardens/flowers.

You'll definitely need to transplant those also, for pot size, assume about 1 gallon/3.78L of planter volume for every 12"/30cm that your plant will grow. (Some have had successful grows in tiny containers, but I won't risk it for my grows)

It looks like the inside of your grow box found your weed stash. I see nothing but a blur. :D

Hahaha Sorry yea it is blurry i'll take another pic n reupload it later. Um I 1 light thats 64w I can't remember how many lumens it's giving out but ik its over 1.7k then the other are giving out 1k lumens

Make sure when reading wattage, you read the CFL actual wattage, don't pay any attention to when it says *EQUIVALENT TO 200 WATT INCANDESCENT*

64w sounds like an odd size too, I haven't seen one of those yet.

1K lumens I'd guess is about 13w? And 1700 lumens I'd guess is around 23w, but I could be wrong, I'm still learning all this stuff :D

Hey What's up guys gonna do a quick lil update on the Girls real fast . Now I will say this they look to be doing FINE! They are looking amazing to me . What do you guys think? Dwafy is starting to grow a lot but so is Mary. Now there first set of true leaves look way different from each others because Mary leaves were compacted together for quite a bit i should've took the seed casing off earlier but It doesn't seem to have effected her that much.. or at least there isn't any signs of it.

Day 3 (Mary)
20140524_134726.jpg

Day 2 (Dwafy)
20140524_134756.jpg

20140524_134827.jpg

I've got some bad news The light that was above Mary fell on top of her n broke her stem.. :/ (I had a feeling that was gonna happen.) I should've secured it more oh well. But Dwafy is doing fine she is starting to grow her second set of leaves.

So sad about mary! what i did at first was take a pot and clip the CFL fixture to it, there's a few pics of it in my grow journal, but I'm not too sure if you have the room for it. Starting my first grow as well, started with a CFL just like you did, and now i'm about 3 weeks in. Check it out if you'd like, and feel free to stop by and check out my grow! The only thing i can see here, and i could be totally wrong, one of the more expedienced guys could confirm, but you dont want to spray any water and leave droplets on the leafs, as it can burn them when they are seedlings! Everything looks great tho! keep up the good work. :Namaste:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom