The 12/12 Flip Everyone's Experience

Dsrkmattertec54

Hey yall!

I thought since I'll be flipping to flowering within the next couple of weeks that I'd reach out and see if I could gain some experience through anyone else who has had many successful grows.

What is everyone's process for the weeks leading up to and the final switch to 12/12 for flowering? Different lighting schedules or nutrients or any techniques to make sure my first change over to flowering stage goes smoothly and without a hitch.

Thanks everyone!
Stay medicated

I make sure I have all my modifications and training completed. I don't really go off weeks but the size of the plant itself to get an idea how big they'll be after the stretch. I also put them in 24-36 hours of complete darkness before I start the 12/12. Once I start seeing pistols being thrown that's when I start my bloom nutes.

Hey yall!

I thought since I'll be flipping to flowering within the next couple of weeks that I'd reach out and see if I could gain some experience through anyone else who has had many successful grows.

What is everyone's process for the weeks leading up to and the final switch to 12/12 for flowering? Different lighting schedules or nutrients or any techniques to make sure my first change over to flowering stage goes smoothly and without a hitch.

Thanks everyone!
Stay medicated
When I am attempting to keep a perpetual grow going, there is a procedure that I follow. I always wait at least 2 weeks after transplanting to my final container before flipping to 12/12, usually much longer. The last week before the flip I do my final clean up of all the undergrowth that I don't expect to reach the canopy. I find it much better to do this cleanup while still in veg so as to not stress the plants later on. This is also when I take cutting to turn into clones, because after a week of cloning, those new plants starting out will have the entire time that I am in bloom to grow out, and when bloom ends in the big tent, my veg tent has produced the next crop, ready to go immediately.
Then, if using synthetic nutrients, I will do a 3x the container flush as my final watering of veg, and I too use at least a 24 hour dark period before starting the 12/12 light cycle. I clearly label a period of 7-10 days as transition... it is not veg and it is not yet bloom... the bloom period day 1 starts when I see the pistils begin to explode out of the growth tips and at this point flowering nutes are used if my line of nutrients calls for them and the lights are slowly dialed up to bloom levels.

For me it’s a process, not a flip.

by that I mean I generally repot to final containers about 2 weeks prior to going into flower room.

Then, once in flower room I keeps lights high and continue18/6 for at least a week while gradually lowering my light.

The idea is to minimize stress.

For me it’s a process, not a flip.

by that I mean I generally repot to final containers about 2 weeks prior to going into flower room.

Then, once in flower room I keeps lights high and continue18/6 for at least a week while gradually lowering my light.

The idea is to minimize stress.

Nice, I pretty much did exactly that. I transferred to final 5 gallon pots and finished my harsh bending a week prior to changing over to 12 hours darkness. I tried to minimize as much stress as possible in the weeks prior. Gave a good drink of straight water for a day and added transition bloom nutrients a week prior.

Back
Top Bottom