The 2x2 & 2x4 Grow Tent Club

How long do carbon filters typically last, should I consider a new one every grow/every other grow?
As long as you don't have high rh whilst using a filter it should last around a year. Unless your fan is complete overkill and pulling loads of air through it.

@Billpopy79 during veg my RH was spiking at 75%-80% for 8 weeks. In flower it's at 45%-50% RH. My fan moves 110CFM... maybe change after next grow?
I didn't use my filter during veg as I'm lucky enough to vent high out of my roof and there was no noticeable smell.
I would just keep a check on it.
If your air flow slows down or you can start to smell it then it's time for a new filter.
I've got a spare so when it does need changing I can do it right away. :thumb:

IMG_20200120_064903.jpg

My first grow, 2*2*5 Secret Jardin tent
Since it broke ground, it's been "buy as it grows" with a Hydro Galaxy 300W full spectrum LED. It was pretty sad and Macguyver'd in the beginning of growing on minium wage with no equipment on hand (haha)
Screenshot_20200120_103109.jpg

I'm just happy this plant is a fighter and strong at survival... I'm content with the yield no matter how small, I'm just excited to be growing. I finally have a 'house plant'

First grow?? Great job of training that plant. That is some skill I don't have yet. I topped and did LST on mine, but, but I didn't know what the heck I was doing. Mine came out well, but didn't look anything as good as yours! Well done.

First grow?? Great job of training that plant. That is some skill I don't have yet. I topped and did LST on mine, but, but I didn't know what the heck I was doing. Mine came out well, but didn't look anything as good as yours! Well done.
Mahalos for the praise, and ya it is my first grow (bagseed). I learned through training her, the edges of my sanity and patience (haha). Very tedious kine things, but all worth it watching it come to fruition.

How long do carbon filters typically last, should I consider a new one every grow/every other grow?

Hey buddy I have done a little research into this over the past 3+ years and found that spending that little extra on a filter can make it worth it in the long run.

I ran Rhino filters pretty much from day one using their hobby style filers, I have always ran 6" x 600mm long filters in 4*8 tents and smaller and here's what I have found out.

If I run their hobby filter in a scrog style canopy or small low plants I can get around 12 months absolute max, if I ran tall smelly bulky plants I highly suggest changing every 6 months with continues use 24/7.

So their hobby one starts leaking lightly around 18 months after light to medium use but that's continues use every single day in a flowered area.

I then switched to the Rhino Pro range, their around 30% more expensive but their well worth the extra, same scenario as above but I can run them for twice as long no problem.

I'm now running the Pro Carbo Air filter so See how these work out :).

Hey buddy I have done a little research into this over the past 3+ years and found that spending that little extra on a filter can make it worth it in the long run.

I ran Rhino filters pretty much from day one using their hobby style filers, I have always ran 6" x 600mm long filters in 4*8 tents and smaller and here's what I have found out.

If I run their hobby filter in a scrog style canopy or small low plants I can get around 12 months absolute max, if I ran tall smelly bulky plants I highly suggest changing every 6 months with continues use 24/7.

So their hobby one starts leaking lightly around 18 months after light to medium use but that's continues use every single day in a flowered area.

I then switched to the Rhino Pro range, their around 30% more expensive but their well worth the extra, same scenario as above but I can run them for twice as long no problem.

I'm now running the Pro Carbo Air filter so See how these work out :).
Mahalos for the info, I presume rhino isn't wallet friendly. It does give me a better idea of how to use and maximize filter life with what's been said here. Big mahalo to everyone that commented about filters.

So I'm running a 4*3 but looking at a 2*4 and thinking I may just try one, what can people yield in them?

my goal this year is specifically for yield so I can create oil & edibles to last me a year or maybe longer as I'm thinking of stopping for a little while so I can concentrate more on work.

So I'm running a 4*3 but looking at a 2*4 and thinking I may just try one, what can people yield in them?

my goal this year is specifically for yield so I can create oil & edibles to last me a year or maybe longer as I'm thinking of stopping for a little while so I can concentrate more on work.

Will you be running just the 2x4 or supplement with a separate veg tent? Also, are you wanting long flowering sativas or quick indicas? Running full cycle or perpetual flipping?
Max plant count?
I've been running my 2x4 for several years now and with peak conditions and genetics I've pulled a half pound per month or 4 oz every two weeks but that was pushing it pretty hard with lots of small plants in an aggressive sea of green setup on an ebb-flow table with supplemental veg tent.
Nowadays I'm running a few midsize plants with longer veg times and pull a few oz per month. Mrs cough was really freaking out about the high plant count.

Short answer is yes, you can harvest enough for you and yours but definitely not enough to supply a village LOL

Mahalos for the info, I presume rhino isn't wallet friendly. It does give me a better idea of how to use and maximize filter life with what's been said here. Big mahalo to everyone that commented about filters.
I went for the rhino pro, it's a mid priced filter, I had a few people recommend it to me.
A guy in my grow shop says he gets just over a year from his.
For me spending a little more on a filter is better than having to shut down my grow due to smell.

Throwing in my 2 cents. Love Can Filter brand. I've ran there budget line, the can lite and also their plastic line line. I've been happy with them. The plastic is relatively new and is used in my seed tent so it's not running as much as my metal can lite filter. That one has lasted me 1 and a half to two year. Good luck
Nothing has worked for me except mountain air carbs, my wife doesn't partake so she always in my ass about any odor..and I have tried everything on the market. Just my two cents

Back
Top Bottom