The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

What do folks think about Lightroom?

I remember when Lightroom first hit the market, I think I may still have a copy lying around but it's not supported by my Mac's OS. Anyway, my first impression was Lightroom is a scaled down version of photoshop. In fact, to me, it seemed like they'd revamped Camera Raw and repackaged it, allowing Adobe to tap into the hobbyist market and still offer a Photoshop Incentive for Pro's. Camera Raw as well as Lightroom have the same controls, but maybe laid out a bit different and the background in LightRoom is a darker grey.

I haven't had much cause to look at any post software for Photo's. Even Photoshop 3.0, yeah from 20 years ago, is still a robust enough program one could never find out all it could do. That's the version I learned on too!

All that being said, if I needed an affordable software, Adobe LightRoom at $150 is a great deal. I wouldn't want to pay $120 annually if I could buy the software outright.

If that's affordable for anyone considering editing software then I would recommend it. Even Adobe's Red Headed Step Child is gonna be better than 95% of the other stuff available.

Of course this is my opinion... salt?

I've been using some of the techniques that I've been reading you guys are using too. I grabbed my other camera Canon A2, the second version not the super nice one... and I started out trying some stuff that I was reading about Macro Photography. In the midst of my testing I found myself setting the camera into timer mode and using my cable release as well. Long exposures, and setting the tripod up just so to help eliminate even the slightest of movement or shake. Any how just want y'all to know that I'm trying your techniques too.

In my quest for better results (all the way around) I found something that seems spontaneous enough. I checked some other parts and indeed this seems to be a stand alone specimen.

Can you see what I see?

IMG_0005390.jpg

can certainly see some fine work goin on out there,, great stuff. a most pleasurable thread indeed, cheers and thanks for it

i ventured into my flower room to take the first 'creative' photograph i have taken in a while, thanks to y'all, and just like mikey,, i liked it

twas at the back of the flower room,, but i espied it, which is key for any creative process

open the eyes and appreciate the beauty in the world,, it really is everywhere, in the tiniest places

tis what tis

P1170203.jpg

f3.5 1/200 a bitto zoom even

a lonely little og kush popcorn bud, should have been culled long ago,, but there it be,,despite me

my views, photography is art/photography is not art

photography is not art, not by itself,,

photography is a tool artists use to create art

just as a brush is a tool a painter uses to create art

just as a hammer and chisel are tools a sculptor uses to create art

everyone has an artist in them,, some express it more forcefully than others,, and some, alas, never express it at all

but it's there

i believe there are three key characteristics an artist must possess

i would be curious if anyone would like to guess what i believe they might be?

i will suggest some might get one of the three, perhaps two,, get three and you are my new best friend

photo_beacon_hill_birches.jpg

very little of my earlier photography works are digitized in any way,, but a few are, simple photo copies, low ass quality, but then agin

tis what tis

cheers friends

Ok - that's either a seed to the right of the top, or a tiny nanner just above the top. I'm more confident about the seed...

Dust thou have a critter in there?

I don't see a critter... dost thee spy a critter? (I love critters, not plant eating pesty ones tho)

Im looking again... but still don't spot a critter...

Totally guessing, but dead center vertically, slightly right side, looks like a beetle shell, skin, exoskeleton, burried under the leaves. Looks slightly too finely curved to me

Totally guessing, but dead center vertically, slightly right side, looks like a beetle shell, skin, exoskeleton, burried under the leaves. Looks slightly too finely curved to me

Yeah - that's what I think is a seed... (but I have seen what looked like a seed in a bud shot before, and it wasn't - tho others thought they could see it too, was in an early SweetSue journal, maybe even her first)

I wonder when Age is gonna put us out of our misery and just tell us what he sees...

Ok, a seed then,, think you might be spot on,, i was thinking too big but perhaps a big seed tis what tis

:high-five:

I'm pretty sure it's a seed everybody, certainly not a beetle unless it's a really small one. It's definitely not a live beetle that's for sure. I will find out in a few more weeks. I think Cinderella is supposed to be 8 weeks in mid Feb, As soon as I cut that cola I'll be harvesting that seed. Pretty sure it's a one of a kind of this plant. Would be cool to have even if I've got 9 others in a bag, all fems!

a little hard to tell but I go for either seed or nanner

Example of high iso grain. It's a trade-off I would say between being able to take handheld photo's inside without flash. I hate flash, always did

Iso: 1600
f 2,8
24mm
shutter 1/30

vinvin.jpg

Ok - that's either a seed to the right of the top, or a tiny nanner just above the top. I'm more confident about the seed...

All I see is the tiny turtle with his head buried in the bud.

Goooorgeousss Urban! :love:

I've been trying to set up a shot for the smoke/vapour photo challenge for days. Trying to reproduce something awesome I caught a dodgy snapshot of a few weeks ago... bugger it's hard to recreate nature!!! Getting there. More of a question of being able to reproduce the circumstance than the actual event. It's like surfing... when you're set up right and placement timing and rhythm come together, it all just falls into place and it feels like there's nothin to it ;)

I'll be later than your Saturday with my assignment... but I'm doing it. I love a project and working within constraints to practice skills...

Goooorgeousss Urban! :love:

I've been trying to set up a shot for the smoke/vapour photo challenge for days. Trying to reproduce something awesome I caught a dodgy snapshot of a few weeks ago... bugger it's hard to recreate nature!!! Getting there. More of a question of being able to reproduce the circumstance than the actual event. It's like surfing... when you're set up right and placement timing and rhythm come together, it all just falls into place and it feels like there's nothin to it ;)

I'll be later than your Saturday with my assignment... but I'm doing it. I love a project and working within constraints to practice skills...

I think we should make these two weeks long. People have better things to do with their life lol, but it's still fun to do, so two weeks will give us all time. I ordered a pair of light box/softboxes for taking photos. The light is consistent and steady. So I wanted to use that lol.

Smoke isn't easy. In hindsight we could have picked an easier subject but. Nothing worth doing is ever really easy anyway. So take your time!

I might try later but light is terrible in my place.

Example of high iso grain. It's a trade-off I would say between being able to take handheld photo's inside without flash. I hate flash, always did

Iso: 1600
f 2,8
24mm
shutter 1/30

vinvin.jpg

Beautiful pic and kitty Deville, indeed

Does not look at all grainy, nice job

I echo your flash philosophy as well,, tho even a flash has a purpose, especially off camera, a whole other subject there

Did not start on the smoke pic yet, but I would imagine using light would make it much easier to capture the smoke.

Back
Top Bottom