The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

Hey what's up everybody? I've been livin not dyin!!!! Here's a quickie from my update earlier. Maybe try an uplight to put some light inside the canopy. It's my idea, but y'all can go ahead make good use of it... I used a flashlight in the bottom of the pot, no big deal.

In regards to the smoke photo challenge.

Let’s make that challenge a big nope. Perhaps we can pick a subject or challenge together.

What's up Urb? I was cruising through and saw your comment (abbr EVEE A - SHOWN ^) I like the idea of challenging ourselves and pushing our talents. I agree smoke would be a challenge although I did have an idea, just never got around to trying it. A memory of my days at Mom & Dads,...

In any case with spring time being here maybe a picture of Red, Yellow, Green, & Blue flowers. That covers all the primary colors and primary colors of light. It's simple and allows for as much creativity as you want to bring. Besides, we're all taking pictures of flowers any way, this is just a more mainstream approach.

You could also shoot cars, doors, handles, tools, stones, the list is endless, but the most important thing is participation and I for one am guilty of not doing the most important part.

Green flowers????

YES!

Beautiful shots Urban and Age!

Speaking of photographing smoke, LopinNsmokin has an awesome submission to Photo of the Month thread this month. Really awesome capture of smoke.

I have never been able to recreate the effect with my vape I wanted to photograph... it might happen one day!

Have a green and good weekend
:Namaste:

Well hello there so I just wanna say I bought a new lens I have a Nikon Nikkor af 105mm f2.8D micro lens 105/2.8 it will b here Thursday and I just put a critical purple in flush great time to use the new lens

Well hello there so I just wanna say I bought a new lens I have a Nikon Nikkor af 105mm f2.8D micro lens 105/2.8 it will b here Thursday and I just put a critical purple in flush great time to use the new lens

Sweet, sounds like a perfect lens for cannabis close ups

Sweet, sounds like a perfect lens for cannabis close ups
It’s for portrait and macro close ups We will find out soon. I’ll post some good ones I’ve bin reading up on mastering the Nikon d7100

Great pictures everyone!!! Sorry I havent been too active. Had a hard chip up against a 1am flight to Seattle for vaca.

I love the idea of a smoke shot! New goals for the summer. Also lots of fishing....

Here are some harvest and grow shots from before I left.

View media item 1544544
View media item 1547941
View media item 1547943
Maybe a couple there that aren't of cannabis.....

All shot on my galaxy s8

Thought I would share a little bit of fun I had today being creative.

Here is the result. This photo is unedited, just cropped to a square.

Here is the basic set up. Camera, tripod, extra lighting, reflector, subject, background, and a 100mm lens. Shot at 100 or 200 ISO. Probably around F16 or F13. Needed depth with the macro lens. All this work to avoid photoshop or post processing.

I messed around with the side lighting. The left side is a light box. Front is the natural diffused sunlight through the curtains. The right side is the reflector light. The normal white light was a bit awkward against the nice warm yellows and oranges. So I flipped the reflector inside out to use the gold side. Here is the difference.

I think the subtle golden light works better with the sunset, as that is more close to the type of sun rays that occur during sunset, long golden rays, versus mid day high white yellow rays.

Thought I would share a little bit of fun I had today being creative.

Here is the result.

Here is the basic set up. Camera, tripod, extra lighting, reflector, subject, background, and a 100mm lens. Shot at 100 or 200 ISO. Probably around F16 or F13. Needed depth with the macro lens. All this work to avoid photoshop or post processing. This photo is unedited.

I messed around with the side lighting. The left side is a light box. Front is natural sdiffused sunlight. The right side is the reflector. The normal white light was a bit awkward against the nice warm yellows and oranges. So I flipped the reflector inside out to use the gold side. Here is the difference.

Love this!

Awesome Urb!

It’s a really great (and fun) pic. And nice tutorial on making a scene and getting lighting right without post processing.
:bravo::thanks::thumb:
Awesome pic Urban. Pic of the month worthy.
Great job.

Cheers.

Thank you both, I lucked out and stumbled into the final idea, but I had the basic scooby shot planned. It worked out. I think this will make a fun addition to this months photo otm submissions.

After looking at it a bit more, if I could get some light shining from behind, it would add to the illusion more than the other light sources.

Right now the reflection off the scooby gives away the real source of light.

Love the Scooby shot, and I learned something about light control too. :high-five:

I’m on vacation and feeling a little lost with no plants to photograph. Lol!

I did do some shots while walking the beach. This one turned out right nice.

View media item 1549833
The next day I was in the desert photographing spring flowers. How timely. Lol!

View media item 1549798
View media item 1549800
Before I left home I harvested a Black Dog that was arguably the most colorful flowering beauty I’ve grown.

There.....I feel better now. :battingeyelashes:

Love the Scooby shot, and I learned something about light control too. :high-five:

I’m on vacation and feeling a little lost with no plants to photograph. Lol!

I did do some shots while walking the beach. This one turned out right nice.

View media item 1549833
The next day I was in the desert photographing spring flowers. How timely. Lol!

View media item 1549798
View media item 1549800
Before I left home I harvested a Black Dog that was arguably the most colorful flowering beauty I’ve grown.

There.....I feel better now. :battingeyelashes:
Very cool photos Sue, I like the beach shot, and I am drawn to the white flower. Getting away has its own rewards. Showing us how much we love things we are apart from is it’s own reward.

Back
Top Bottom