The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

Why 6400? The Fur looks great, I can see each hair!

That's just what looked best in the view screen when taking the shot. I tried a few different settings since it was a bright sunny day outside like an ISO of 12800 with a low aperture of f/5.6 and then another way with a 3200 ISO and an f/22 aperture but found the one I posted to be the best of the bunch.

Yeah, beauty Monster :thumb:

I learnt about bokeh right here :D Been playing with it ever since :thanks:

Me too, but I don't remember any of my guides along the way calling it by it's proper name, just depth of field.

I just saw/learned the word "bokeh" myself after joining an online photography site called Photocrowd a while back. It's taught me a lot over the past six months time competing in contests with other photographers from around the world. Good stuff!;)

Here's a macro shot of some raindrops on a blade of grass I captured in the early morning mist. Enjoy!:blunt:

View media item 1659742
:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Wow, out fucking standing, pardon the French. But that is worthy of cussing. Well done.

Thanks UA!
I just took some colored wrapping paper with balloons on it and placed a clear glass tray over it full of hot water than started adding drops of vegetable oil on the surface and that was the end result. It took me some time to find the right settings to use and numerous photos to get the few I posted in focus but was lots of fun giving it a try. I hope to do better next time around by trying some food coloring with oil to see what I get in the end. Thanks again!

I keep playing with the extension tubes.

Here is a reasonable example of what the results can be. I bet tethering the camera to a good laptop and program would be even better. Fine tune things.

This is my Canon 80D with 100mm macro and two extension tubes. The second photo is only a tightly cropped version of the first.

Those are looking nice! I think Canon has a viewer that you can hook up to and operate from. Seems like a lot or at least an extra step.

Yeah it does seem like a lot of work to set up but the results are amazing. Some of the art I created I used the tether function to my computer, and the fine focus was worth it. I was able to get both the sharpness I wanted as well as the depth

Back
Top Bottom